Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 Liberation Server crashing

=VG= keed

This is a known issue that we have not been able to resolve yet (mostly because I'm the only one really doing it and I'm out of ideas).  Zadra has been invaluable in helping pin down the issue, but to no success.  He doesn't even read English, so our communication is always passive and not a lot gets accomplished fast.

I feel like I'm spinning plates sometimes..... I used to have several technical people helping manage the difficult technical aspects of various servers at VG, and now it is pretty much down to me.  I remember back when I didn't know anything technical and Savage/Poffadder/Solar taught me a little and encouraged me to learn more.  Now, here I am.
Thank God for Kav and Stark being so helpful and getting through a lot of training this year managing the PR Server.... but still, I'm alone in the dark here and not sure how to fix the Arma 3 server(s)...

One possible work around (if I understand Zadra correctly) is to restart it 3 times.... apparently, the third time will be stable(?)

So sorry for the technical issues, I hate when things fall into disrepair.  If you know anyone in our group with technical know-how who'd be willing to help ol' SemlerPDX out, tell them to msg me.  :hi:

Thanks Semler. Not sure what his specific knowledge regarding the technical side of Arma is, but @=VG= Deathdealer hosts us a lot on his internal connection and loads out different missions and what not. Perhaps he might make for a good Arma manager and change up scenarios/missions, what not. Thanks again for the help. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 12:38 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

This is a known issue that we have not been able to resolve yet (mostly because I'm the only one really doing it and I'm out of ideas).  Zadra has been invaluable in helping pin down the issue, but to no success.  He doesn't even read English, so our communication is always passive and not a lot gets accomplished fast.

I feel like I'm spinning plates sometimes..... I used to have several technical people helping manage the difficult technical aspects of various servers at VG, and now it is pretty much down to me.  I remember back when I didn't know anything technical and Savage/Poffadder/Solar taught me a little and encouraged me to learn more.  Now, here I am.
Thank God for Kav and Stark being so helpful and getting through a lot of training this year managing the PR Server.... but still, I'm alone in the dark here and not sure how to fix the Arma 3 server(s)...

One possible work around (if I understand Zadra correctly) is to restart it 3 times.... apparently, the third time will be stable(?)

So sorry for the technical issues, I hate when things fall into disrepair.  If you know anyone in our group with technical know-how who'd be willing to help ol' SemlerPDX out, tell them to msg me.  :hi:

I have no idea if your even still experiencing this, but i've hosted servers, managed community servers in the past, and even managed modded servers in the past. If you need help with something, gimme a shout.

Oh yea, sorry - we did resolve this one, but this post dropped off the top-10 long before that, and didn't get updated.  Cheers goes to Ciro on that one, Zadra, PITN and myself were scratching our head for literally half a year, having tried so many things.  Can't remember the exact culprit or culprits, but glad this was a thing of the past....

Have to admit a little flush of anxiety when I saw this familiar issue again on the frontpage, before I noticed the date(s) of the posts.

No worries, but gonna lock this thread up.  Prefer to watch dates of posts before replying, often the older ones are not worth bringing back from the dead, though I understand the enthusiasm to help here - much appreciated!!  Thanks anyway!

• Upvote 1