Jersans

How to play music in Mumble

So a few select guys (nerds) can play music on local or squad chat. Sometimes this is annoying. Sometimes it's great. But how do you actually do it? 

Can anyone teach me? 

• Upvote 1

1.First 

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

2.then

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm 

or 

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

3. Just look at the pics 

To open the thing you see in the first pic right click on the speaker on the right bottom corner of the screen. 

1.png3.png2.png4.png

That is only my setup.. Still i try to find a new way to play without echo or have the best quality.

For more: 

OR 

Hope it works! Contact me if something wont work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Excellent guide, .Blizzard. !!!  Love the helpful graphics!!  VoiceMeeter and VB Audio Cables are the way to go!!

It's been awhile since I've seen the original VoiceMeeter...  I'm up to VoiceMeeter "Potato" now, actually cost money.  It looks complicated, but I use voice commands to control it unless I'm just using the mouse wheel on one of the Fader Gain's.  You can take complete control of your inputs/outputs with VoiceMeeter -- it's way worth it to learn!

The rabbit hole only gets deeper... Here's a peek at the Pro version, I mean pic:

VoiceMeeter Potato screenshot.PNG

• Upvote 2

Very interesting. Iam using a more basic approach since Arma 2 DayZ:

Virtual Audio Cable (https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/) [~40$] lets me create, well, "virtual audio cable". It's like sticking an audiocable from your output to your input (ask your physician first).

After that i use Audio Repeater MME (http://www.fox-magic.com/vac.php) [29$]. It allows me to send/copy audio from one input/virtual cable to an output/virtual cable.

As a music source, i use foobar2000 audioplayer (https://www.foobar2000.org/) [free]. Not only is it a fantastic, lightweight musicplayer, it also gives you access to many settings, including the audiooutputdevice.

Retake_the_Holy_Land.thumb.png.97fc40556430311e5bf674b0e0988814.png

^That's very cool!!

BTW, VoiceMeeter uses 3 virtual audio cables (A, B, and Hi-Fi) -- but that system you linked seems WAY more powerful, up to 256 independent audio signals?! If my Potato ever needs anything more, now I know where to look!!!

Mostly, I wish I could control the default Windows audio out more directly.  For example, VoiceAttack uses Windows Default Audio Output, but so do many games that don't have options to select audio output, so I can't truly separate the two into different channels for recording, streaming, etc.  If I could take items from the Windows Default and address their audio stream per application/process  then I could tell VoiceAttack to only make sounds through, say, VoiceMeeter VB Audio Cable-A.

The applications i use are in itself rather simple. The combination makes them powerful. Iam a big fan of software that only does the few things it is supposed to do. Like searching for the right LEGO pieces and putting them together the way you need them to be.

Not being able to choose the audiooutput (firefox, ...) or input (Arma, ...) can be annoying. I didn't find a good way to do it with Firefox and i didn't want to download an extra browser just for the sake of memeing in videogames. Which means i have to download the things i want to play. Bit annoying.

Arma f.E. uses the standard input device, set in the Windows Sound options (-> rightclick on the speaker symbol bottom right).

4 hours ago, Risiko94 said:

Not being able to choose the audiooutput (firefox, ...)

I use the AudioPick browser extension.  Lets me choose which audio device my Google Chrome browser uses by default, so anything in it like YouTube, etc.

image.pngAudioPick

Description
Pick a default audio output device. Only works for HTML5 <video/> and <audio/> elements served via HTTP(S).
Version

I checked FireFox and there are a few comparable AddOns -- might try something like that if you're interested.

Right technical people. So we tried the Blizzard set-up. I believe we made it work but I had a horrible echo and could hear myself talk. You guy have any ideas on how to resolve that?

8 hours ago, Jersans said:

I believe we made it work but I had a horrible echo and could hear myself talk.

i think your micro is too close to the speakers and you are generating feedbacks ... if you use headphones the problem should be gone.

or you have built a loop in the software. but there probably others can say more because I mix analog ^^

You can turn off the channel the mic is going to your own ears/speakers... make sure it only goes to the one output it should go to.

Post up a screenshot of your VoiceMeeter board and Risiko or myself could help in just a few seconds.

Also note, if you are TRYING to hear yourself, but are merely complaining about the delay creating an echo, you might want to try connecting your Mic input as a kernal sound device (KS instead of WDM or MME).  KS is as direct to the source as it can get, though not all inputs will support the option.  But it has a noticeably smaller delay than Windows Driver Model or Microsoft Multimedia Environment methods.  I have to choose KS for my cheap bluetooth headphones or there is lip sync delay when watching video, but I don't have to do that with my good bluetooth headphones.

Again, cuz not sure what you are talking about, post up a pic of your VoiceMeeter and we could better help troubleshoot.  :hi:

(examples of what I'm talking about - as you can see, I don't have any KS capable mic's but I have several capable outs - I don't use it unless needed as it can be resource intensive)
ksSoundMic.PNGksSoundOut.PNG

It was hilarious yesterday listening to Jersans speak. WWWHYYYYY CAAANNN IIIIII HEEAARR MMYYY OOWWWN VOOIIICEEE? SOOO WEEEIRD.

• Like 1

On 7-6-2019 at 2:08 PM, 0100011000101 said:

i think your micro is too close to the speakers and you are generating feedbacks ... if you use headphones the problem should be gone.

or you have built a loop in the software. but there probably others can say more because I mix analog ^^

I don't even own speakers :)