Scott (Iron Eagle)

Hi, I'm Scott, Falcon BMS flyer, getting back in the saddle!

Hi guys!  I just talked to Semler PDX via pm at Benchmark Sims about joining your group.

I am a 42 year old Junior High Social Studies teacher who watched Iron Eagle and Top Gun way too much as a kid, and Iron Eagle made me become obsessed with the F-16.  I purchased Facon 4.0 back when if first came out at Kmart where I worked back then as I was going through college!  I still have the original Binder/Manual.  Of course the game wouldn't really run on my computer back then and it was put on the back shelf for many years.

Three or four years ago I discovered Falcon BMS just as 4.33 was coming out, and I became obsessed.  Over time I upgraded my hotas to a Warthog, got the thrust master MFDs, got track IR, Thrustmaster Pedals, even Andre's Jet Seat.  I upgraded to a 55 inch Sony HD TV, and last year upgraded my computer to an Alienware Aurora R7, which will be taking me a bit to pay off.  (How can a private school teach afford this?  Bank Robbing and lots and lots of Tutoring after school and in the summer.  More of the later, since jail would take away from my flight time.)

I took a break for about a year and a half with Falcon BMS.  Fell in love, got married last summer, June 16th, but she immediately became distant and different as soon as I started moving in, and 7 weeks after the wedding I was forced to leave, and lots and lots of crazy stuff happened.  Found out that she most likely has something called Borderline Personality Disorder.  I love her with every fiber of my being, but she is really gone off the deep end, and has been promising me divorce papers since last September.  Its been the hardest thing I have faced in my life so far.

So now I am getting back to being me, and flying is where my heart is.  I also enjoy Witcher 3, Assassins Creed Odyssey, X 4 foundations, Total War Warhammer 2 and Attilla, Il Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Britain Blitz, and Hearts of Iron IV, and many more strategy and fantasy games.  I love to hike, teach history, and I am currently watching Game of Thrones and Cobrai Kai Season 2.  I also love college basketball and football, though I do watch the NBA playoffs since there is no more College Basketball for a bit.

I am Catholic, I have taught at the same private Catholic School for 18 years, and I love it!

I'm looking to learn how to fly the F-16, right now I can do some air to air combat, and that is about it, but I plan on reading the Dash 1 manual, the Comms Nav Book, and then I will once again attempt to do all of the training missions.  I hope to have more time to fly starting the second week  of June.  I am definitely looking for some very very patient people to help me learn to fly, but its probably best that I go through those training missions as a start.

Well, that is my life story in about a page, lol.  Hopefully it wasn't too much, but I do hope to get involved here and I thought that I should share my story.

• Upvote 4

Hi Scott and welcome. Still getting to grips with the changes inside the new 4.34 release so were all rookies again to some extent :-)

Do not let your unfortunate marital experience put you back in the box. Get out there again and leave the PC for when its too cold, too dark. too wet etc.

The server is 24/7. Come and go as you please and feel free to ask questions there and here.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!  Glad you found us okay!  I still have to install 4.34 myself and get my controls all set up.  I've been busy, but since I've been back I've put BMS off since I started working on my DIY wireless TrackIR Track Clip Pro.  It's about done, so I guess I'm out of excuses ;) 

Don't feel you need to read through the entire Dash 1 to be fully trained and combat ready.  It would be wonderful in-depth information, but since it's a sim, you can get operational much sooner, and work towards that goal in the off-times.  The Training Manual included in the Docs folder corresponds to each of the finished training missions, and will contain plenty of information and references to the Dash 1 and Dash 34 respectively.  From there, you can read more in the specific section(s) you may be practicing on as a supplemental material.  I can only imagine that reading through the Dash 1 cover to cover might be like reading the Bible in the same way -- better studied in sections with instruction, or more well said, better to digest the large volume of information in a structured curriculum as opposed to a binge read (or several binge read sessions).

Of course, everyone learns differently, and you'll find what works best for you.  I'll say that Air to Air refueling and Carrier Landing would be the far end of the difficulty spectrum, so even though they are mixed into the middle of the training missions, you may consider tackling these items towards the end of your training.

Best wishes and good luck!  See you around!

• Like 1

Hey welcome to the forms and the group, I wish I had the patience and the hardware to be able to play flacon but my heart's else where, I am going to take a glider pilot license soon in a couple of months tho as well as in the process of joining the reserves in my country. I hope you enjoy playing with the people who do play falcon on this group and you can also join us on the teamspeak server where you will find other pilots too.

Address is : 5.9.23.136

Port : 9987

• Like 1

Welcome to the Community. It is always nice to meet up with like minded folks and share the adventures to be had with quality games and resources.

May your Game time continue be Glorious!!

• Like 1

Greetings...

You came to the right spot to take your mind of real life things.

This bunch of crazy people are so addictive...so i wish you welcome and keep the skies safe for us.

Bludklot and Eclipse, thanks for the support.  I see her every weekday, she is a teacher aide at the school I teach at!  4 days of the week she is in my classroom.  Won't give back the ring, left me in debt from the wedding which I mostly paid for.  Claimed back in September that she had a lawyer and that I was getting divorce papers in two weeks, which ended up being another lie.  Its such a sad situation.  We got married at the school last summer in the Eucharistic Chapel, got special permission from the local pastor, who is a really great guy who has given me a lot of support.   I love her, but also I have to protect myself, its been nuts.   All of teachers have been very supportive of me, I have been there 18 years, they know who I am, and they saw with their own eyes what she has done, but I still feel so bad for her too.  As I said, its the hardest thing I have gone through.

Now for something much lighter.

I just got most of the new 4.34 manuals from Lulu, but there was one hilarious mistake, I received a book called (A Practical Guide for Forest School Leaders) instead of the Dash 34 manual.  I wonder if some forest ranger just got a book on the weapons systems of the F-16!  Heck, I'm a history teacher and a wannabe fighter pilot who likes to go for hikes in the woods, but I ain't no Forest Ranger.  How the heck did they mess this one up, lol!  At least the other 5 books were correct.

Ya women are way crazier than us bro and they'll remind us if we forget lol. Just take it out on N Korea and you'll feel better for a bit. Oh and maybe upload that manual to the upload section. Heh. Blud