Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Flags wont show up

WarGhost

I have been experiencing flags missing when opening a map in the game PR Coop since a long time ago, neutral flags are there but not others (bad for squad leaders). And then i have been told that i should clear shaders, so i did but it takes one or two rounds and the problem is back again.

I'm posting this because i finaly found how to solve this by editing Project Reality folder security in windows and give all acces rights to all users found for that folder and sub folders (i'm the only one using my PC).

I also edited the shorcut to run the game with administrave rights (Elevation).

I have tested in many maps and rounds before i do this and after i did, and the result is impressive: No missing flags anymore and i dont need to clear the shaders cash anymore.

Seems like the game just could not clear it's cashs every round start.

I would like to hear if i'm doing right or not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I only get the disappearing flags after I play about three to five maps with always running PR as Admin and never cleaning my cache, buuuuuut, The other thing I usually get after playing three or five maps is a crash... some overflow shit if I remember correctly, not sure if that would be related to it.

Gotta be a VooDoo witch doctor to figure PR problems out sometimes.

Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me, I need to sacrifice a chicken to the PR gods so I can play today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CptHawk said:

I only get the disappearing flags after I play about three to five maps with always running PR as Admin

I almost always have the missing flag thing. after 2-3 rounds or if i was on the desktop in the following map. After giving the rights to read and write for everyone in the pr-folder today, I was able to play three maps without this error. Let's see what a long-term test says ....

20 minutes ago, CptHawk said:

The other thing I usually get after playing three or five maps is a crash... some overflow shit if I remember correctly

I noticed that pr ttakes after a few games 2.5 gb in the main memory. that always goes up and down a bit ... but then comes the point where it goes above 2.5 gb and then sometime comes the "memory.dll" error. I think windows adressed memory that pr can not respond. you would have to see if there is a 3. party memory management for windows where you can limit the memory usage of programs ...eventually that can help...

39 minutes ago, CptHawk said:

Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me, I need to sacrifice a chicken to the PR gods so I can play today.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WarGhost said:

I have been experiencing flags missing when opening a map in the game PR Coop since a long time ago, neutral flags are there but not others (bad for squad leaders). And then i have been told that i should clear shaders, so i did but it takes one or two rounds and the problem is back again.

I'm posting this because i finaly found how to solve this by editing Project Reality folder security in windows and give all acces rights to all users found for that folder and sub folders (i'm the only one using my PC).

I also edited the shorcut to run the game with administrave rights (Elevation).

I have tested in many maps and rounds before i do this and after i did, and the result is impressive: No missing flags anymore and i dont need to clear the shaders cash anymore.

Seems like the game just could not clear it's cashs every round start.

I would like to hear if i'm doing right or not.

So if i understand right, you start a local coop game and only neutral flags are shown but not captured one right?

You had also problems with the Squadleader Bug? Can you keep an eye of this, if you get one day the SL Bug with your alterations?

1 minute ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

So if i understand right, you start a local coop game and only neutral flags are shown but not captured one right?

jap, but not only on local...on the vg-server too. You see only the name of the flag but not if its yours or enemy flag. there is no icon. only when the flag is neutral.

5 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

You had also problems with the Squadleader Bug? Can you keep an eye of this, if you get one day the SL Bug?

I also have this problem very often. I will tell if something has changed ...

• Upvote 1

for anyone who does not know how to give the pr-folder more rights:

please do not do it with other folders if you do not know what you are doing or if you play on computers that also run server applications, as this can be a security risk.

Unfortunately, I'm currently sitting at a German windows so the names are in German but you should manage that anyway because the buttons are on the same position.

first you have to go to the folder "Program files (x86)" and find your "project reality"-folder there.

rightklick and klick on proberties. then follow the pictures....

1.jpg.860e4e846df7dfeef59576317ee8c545.jpg2.jpg.346adc2d039f12666a91a9126e24ff7b.jpg

3.jpg.4b73ea1b77ff7bab788921fa662f1936.jpg4.jpg.e3c65cc7dce0157f29e10660e608ec64.jpg

I'm not really sure what the username "jeder" is called in English. would have to be "everybody" or similar.

5.jpg.91fbeaafdef24d2bec2f3528668c4c52.jpg6.jpg.a09ef2949920a438ba58b87c338b8d22.jpg

you set all ticks except for "special permissions"

7.jpg.1f802c7ed314233b63a914e5401dc779.jpg8.jpg.76aa0acadc47defc829c75771ce85527.jpg

Done.

• Upvote 3