Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Can we add discord to our Contacs?

Kayip

7 hours ago, Kayip said:

add our discord to contacs

What do you actually mean by this?  I understand we don't all speak English as a first language, and I'm definitely not briefed on the integration concepts of discord, but I'm not sure what you mean by "add our discord to contacts".  Like, do you mean with regards to user profiles on this website, the way we can add contact methods, or such?  If Discord has a type of link to our discord profiles, it certainly could be made into a field for profiles on this website.  (but on that topic, there are other website changes or upgrades that are higher up on the "to-do" list, and we only make major website changes once or twice every year or two, on an as needed basis)

I'm not a big fan of Discord as a Server Administrator because we already pay for a much higher quality VOIP software/server via TeamSpeak 3, and nobody has yet provided any reason (beyond chatting up memes and embeded YT videos) that Discord should be considered a competitor or improvement over TeamSpeak 3.  I would love that about now ;)   Why use Discord?  Why not use TS3? Also, are there plugins for TS3 that add functionality similar to Discord?  w/e I don't have time to spend on investigating another VOIP option when I have a perfectly good one with great functions, and a ton of other stuff I'd rather do.

:drinks:

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity, does it have sub-profile settings to switch between different mic/speaker settings without going back into settings?  I use those a lot in TS3 depending on which speakers/mic I'm using at the time, and also have defaults for different TS3's that I join so settings are saved different depending on the server I join.  I suppose the desktop program version of Discord and maybe the cell phone app have those things?  I've only ever used the website version...

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I'm not a big fan of Discord as a Server Administrator because we already pay for a much higher quality VOIP software/server via TeamSpeak 3, and nobody has yet provided any reason (beyond chatting up memes and embeded YT videos) that Discord should be considered a competitor or improvement over TeamSpeak 3.  I would love that about now ;)   Why use Discord?  Why not use TS3? Also, are there plugins for TS3 that add functionality similar to Discord?  w/e I don't have time to spend on investigating another VOIP option when I have a perfectly good one with great functions, and a ton of other stuff I'd rather do.

:drinks:

I wasn't either but I think it would be a good idea to set up an official =VG= Discord server just so we can also have a presence on that platform. As you say we already have TS so why bother but one advantage is that you can have access to the whole PR community regardless of what clan you belong to. Its possible to be a member of multiple discord servers without any commitment or clash. We have one for the GDO  boys to meet up on, I have my own private one "Kavelenko's Hideout", but I'm also a member of the PR community, I think that's being run by FFG. Good way to be in contact with PR developers and other senior PR players, you'd probably recognize a few of the guys you've played against in the past. I just think it would add to VG to have a presence for those who are discord users, you can absolutely control who or what content gets displayed on your discord server, ban people, have your admins with certain privileges

Its very simple to create a discord server, costs zero and pretty much you have all the administrative control that TS has without needing to pay a thing.

Anyone want to add me to their discord account, you can find me with: Kavelenko#0414

Screenshot of my Discord account below, three icons in the left column show I'm a member of the PR community, my own Kavelenko Hideout, and the GDO group.

I'd love to see a =VG= icon added to that list, that would be cool.

00_2007.thumb.jpg.88f0e250dd91f0afdced0a6cd75eda13.jpg

https://discord.gg/gHyVqC

Waiting for Brakegamer to get me back as an admin for it, holiday weekend so maybe next week sometime. 

I'll download the actual program so I can start to help manage it.  If it becomes active, we will need to manage settings and moderate the way we do with our website and TS3.

:hi:

12 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

https://discord.gg/gHyVqC

Waiting for Brakegamer to get me back as an admin for it, holiday weekend so maybe next week sometime. 

I'll download the actual program so I can start to help manage it.  If it becomes active, we will need to manage settings and moderate the way we do with our website and TS3.

:hi:

Consider it done

• Like 1