Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Event suggestion

Vanillapop

1 hour ago, Vanillapop said:

Can we do this on an event sometime in the future lol, perfect on a map like soul rebel, where it would be China vs us marines

If I am correct @=VG= Double_13 said he recently wouldn't mind building an event-map and organize something like this. I myself would really like to add in some OPFOR maps with MEC focusing on assets we typically don't use i.e. the Frogfoot, Eurocopter, various BMP's etc.

@Jersans

As I mentioned on TS running these events are a problem due to the personal reasons I mentioned to you. Unless these issues get resolved I see no reason investing time creating events and rather spend it on playing destiny 2or maybe the current broken maps.  I have already invested more then 200 hours in bug fixing coop for the next PR update and this excludes any new map. NO I DO NOT KNOW WHEN THE NEW UPDATE COMES.

However I have no issue running the occasional Opfor events however the Event server seems to be reluctant to start due to unknown reasons and I would have to figure out why. This means that again i would have to spend few hours figuring out why something isn't working while people ask me to come and play PR or destiny2. 

You reported that the dev test server (#2, 16577) was in an endless loop of reboots, and was not responding to TCAdmin commands.

I had fixed it and sent a message to you that it was functioning properly.  There has been no need to reset the server in any way.

Your edits or changes to any maps or files on the server are frequently backed up like every file on the server, furthermore, setting them to the side and using default (working) PR files for an event, and later putting them right back where they were is a simple function of the buttons I programmed into TCAdmin.  This has not happened, the buttons may destroy maps if not told otherwise, or if the custom file structure is not properly used, but your files are right where you left them, because...

...we have three PR servers. 
Events formerly ran on the VG Event Server (#3, 16587), our third server, and as you are doing development on what was the Insurgency server instead of using the third one, #3 by default becomes the Event Server again.

Basically, we always have 3 servers, they always have file structures that can be swapped within their capacity/needs with the push of a button, and put back the same way.  Not all servers use these systems anymore, but for any needs or purposes, they can be reinstated and tailored to any need with less than a few minutes of configuration.

(this is what I do here, I keep everything running like a greased pig, and I maintain systems I set up long ago)

9 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Don't you back up your own work? ::P

I have backups of the custom python files but not all the opfor maps. I mainly modify the maps on the flight as we are picking the next map to play. 

Because I can convert a map layer to opfor in 5 min I never bothered keeping an reasonable  backup. 

- for convention I remove all neutral flags and give them to bots

- I change the flag importance making it that human main is most important, this to get the bots to spawn on the frontlines

- I increase the cap times on the first flag to 2 min to allow more time for bots to setup

- optional delay all human heavy assets by 5 min

- outdated optional: remove all 1 man assets by adding 4 hour spawn delay. (All _sp (oneman) assets are not blocked by default like bot choppers and jets are)

All above are done in 3 min ish+2 min actually grabbing the files) (All maps would be 114 maps * 3 layers = 6 hours work so I rather do it while I need them xD)

Note that huge limitations are into affect when making these adjustments

After poking around and getting some useful console feedback the issue is resolved. (Some list was corrupted) 

The opfor event server can be started on request (PM me or ask on TS and I’ll boot it up if I can) 

Optional one can request some tiny settings changes; currently the following settings are setup:

No humans in 1 man assets (blocked like jets) 

Fobs require digging 

48 bots (max) 

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

After poking around and getting some useful console feedback the issue is resolved. (Some list was corrupted) 

The opfor event server can be started on request (PM me or ask on TS and I’ll boot it up if I can) 

Optional one can request some tiny settings changes; currently the following settings are setup:

No humans in 1 man assets (blocked like jets) 

Fobs require digging 

48 bots (max) 

Owh I like! But I'd say we definitely need 15-25 players to make it who's in for an impromptu OPFOR event? You know a change in scenery and some assets we rarely use?

• Like 1