Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Battlefield Play 4 Free - An old BF mod

=VG= Kavelenko

Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd post some footage of an earlier mod of Battlefield 2, Battlefield Play 4 FREE. This game is where I created my player name "Kavelenko". When you created an account you had to decide which side you would be on and it was a choice between Russia and the USA, so naturally I chose the former just to be different. So I googled a few Russian sounding surnames and stumbled across Kavelenko, which I found out later is really a Ukrainian name, oh well whatever. Anyway back to this BF2 mod, in Battlefield Play 4 Free there were four main classes of soldiers you could play, Assault. Medic, Engineer, and Recon. I made my reputation as a sniper and could routinely snipe players at the maximum range of 353 metres with an M95, a beast of a sniper rifle. The weapons they created in this game were just awesome compared to PR sniper rifles which are just total crap. Take a look for yourself. The server I played on was Australian, and it was full most days but it was limited to 16 vs 16 so yeah we were all playing deployment back then!! It was an Adrenalin pumping action filled game and very addictive to noobs until DICE decided to kill the whole thing off, the bastards!!! So after they did that I wandered around trying to find another game that was as much fun, I tried BF 2 Bad Company, BF3, BF4 all crap compared to BFP4F, finally found PR and the rest is history. Anyway here's some bad ass footage of me playing BFP4F.  Enjoy! @InchPincherToo was a big fan too its a wonder we never played against each other.

I owned virtually every sniper rifle variant, the SKS was my skirmishing weapon of choice, I loved the way you could drop claymores at will on the run and take out guys chasing you, also the satellite was cool for tracking down targets, but the bad ass weapon for long range sniping. was the M95. The M823 was good too. I was well over 10,000 sniper kills by the time I finished playing BFP4F. Best game ever!

Medics were real cool because they had defibrillators to revive downed soldiers, Assault class had all the ammo and kick ass CQC weapons, I liked the Engineer too because they had the best mini machine gun of them all, the german-built UMP 45. That was lethal for CQC fighting!

Here's my playlist:

• Upvote 4

I was back at Asian server, was an admin of ICE Force clan ( Japanese-based clan, also has contacts around parts of SEA as well ) back in the day.. pretty much casual and fun at the same time, so good until it closes down ( shame EA.. :( )

Gulf of Oman, Mashtuur City, Dalian, Dragon Valley, Basra, Sharqi are my favorite maps at the most. And as always, the game mode is also the same as Battlefield franchise goes on (there's Assault/capturing CP's and Rush/destroying M-Com's and progressing through the map)

Met with @=VG= Kavelenko somewhere, but indirectly around Aussie servers, when Asian servers got DDoS-ed/down. But, i still noticed and remembered the name until now and met him up here eventually, migrating myself from fast-paced arcade gaming to this (PR:BF2)

So many moments and funs going on there, i've also taken some screenshots before the game closes itself. Definitely will miss this game a bunch. I'll upload here laters...

- Inch

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, InchPincherToo said:

I was back at Asian server, was an admin of ICE Force clan ( Japanese-based clan, also has contacts around parts of SEA as well ) back in the day.. pretty much casual and fun at the same time, so good until it closes down ( shame EA.. :( )

@=VG= Kavelenko

- Inch

Yep I remember your =ICE= clan members well, what was your player name on BFP4F? I eventually became an admin on the L33tZ server where this footage was shot but this stuff here is very early on. Do you remember a player named "THE KING RULES", he was the owner jeez he was damn good in the Attack Choppers, no-one could compete while he was in the air. The guy was unbelievable with what he could do with an Apache or Havoc, haven't see anyone better in PR  either.

• Like 1

Sniping was a lot harder on BFP4F because you had to allow for bullet drop and you had to lead moving targets. It became an instinct to take out players and all about reflexes, and memorizing range to different targets. The notes I had on distances from different landmarks it what gave me the advantage over other guys who just guessed. (and died in vain). There was so much more to sniping than what we get in PR, they practically nerfed the sniper rifles by comparison. A decent sniper in game pinned many players down until the choppers came in to blow you away!

Oh yeah another cool feature was the dead man trigger. Basically that booby trapped your body so when you went charging into a building where the opposition were hiding and got shot, your body would detonate a grenade and usually take a few enemy with you. Fun gadget that!!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Do you remember a player named "THE KING RULES", he was the owner jeez he was damn good in the Attack Choppers, no-one could compete while he was in the air.

Insane asset whore player ever you see in-game :P he is too crazy and really hard to beat him out with the chopper

• Upvote 1

Aa the good old days where I played

Gravepackers 24/7 INF only road to jalalalalalalalalabad with by bud OSS Riot 

And don’t forget 24/7 sharqi peninsula. 

The number of people I redlined out my chopper (fly the gunner but not pilot in dod to get the hoggers out) good old days

(This was BF2) 

i never liked the free2play somehow 

O boi, founded it-! :P

- Basra (RU side main)

screen127.thumb.jpg.2ce328ceb39d08c863f85ea86523f852.jpg

screen128.thumb.jpg.803dad3b7f78308d7676ac1c3519c691.jpg

- Dalian (RU main base)

screen210.thumb.jpg.ef74f82ea3399d58ce1b6c029e1f5b38.jpg

- Gulf of Oman (Train Hangars)

screen221.thumb.jpg.65737703e01b6ddfe2a9e12cc2ba4787.jpg

Until i deployed here for the first time:

screen001.thumb.jpg.069807cebbfaf8063298015975997b12.jpg

This is v.1.3 if i remembered correctly

I noticed my headgear was a santa hat in camo before the game closes, christmas is coming in a month guys-

Padoru, padoru~ :D

- Inch

• Upvote 2

Man...i used to luv that sharqi rush with the VSS and 10 claymores...WOW i miss sniping.....longest was 325 ...I waited so long for that barrette 50 cal and the vulcan range ace....fakin LETHAL...I remember the first time running on high graphics and seeing grass and roads..lmao

I was L3 , SAS and iM clans but grnandgld4 with all my classes

i hated those helli nubs....i was skilled engi with tracer dart and rpg...LMFAO then he shot your claymores and got u?....FAKR

BFP4F.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GRNANDGLD said:

Man...i used to luv that sharqi rush with the VSS and 10 claymores...WOW i miss sniping.....longest was 325 ...I waited so long for that barrette 50 cal and the vulcan range ace....fakin LETHAL...I remember the first time running on high graphics and seeing grass and roads..lma

Lol...freakin VSS!! Yeah that was a cool weapon too, loved those claymores when we were in close quarter situations and storming buildings. Mortar strike!! That was bloody good fun too! So many cool things about that game, do you agree with me regarding the weapons in general being better than PR? Those sniper scopes for a start were bloody awesome. The SKS was a pig to handle due to the recoil so it turned a lot of people off using it but I eventually got used to that and could still drop guys at range before they could get a second shot off, that used to really screw with their heads. :lol:

I agree with you in the sense that the weapon mechanics in P4F  allowed you to modify  your weapon to a specific style (and initially you had to EARN the weapon  and mods), but it was also all those differentt aspects ...the training point placement ..the OP asshole in the harreir or appache... and the Team speak use for commo...the satscan ...tracer dart...all that stuff made it  an amazingly well balanced game.  The whole setup of the game was designed for expansion...but it was also that pay to win shit that killed it.  I was playing for days chasing  that XP tho...the teamwork aspect, not so much on those tiny maps.  But in a nutshell,  you cant touch the amount of weapon/game mechanics that P4F  had  with reguards to weapons that we get from the armory in PR..  the bullet drop and vapor trail in P4F ..i mean AMAZING (to me) mechanics.  PR is best at teamplay and massive force on force maps ...thats what its good at.  Thats why me and few diehards still play..fak that XP grind.  I luv PR!! ...........(But P4F is still my all time #1 MVP!!) 

ps : i still have P4F wallpaper on my home page...is that holding on to long?

shout out :** Double for his amazing work on our stuff...no kidding!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GRNANDGLD said:

I agree with you in the sense that the weapon mechanics in P4F  allowed you to modify  your weapon to a specific style (and initially you had to EARN the weapon  and mods), but it was also all those differentt aspects ...the training point placement ..the OP asshole in the harreir or appache... and the Team speak use for commo...the satscan ...tracer dart...all that stuff made it  an amazingly well balanced game.  The whole setup of the game was designed for expansion...but it was also that pay to win shit that killed it.  I was playing for days chasing  that XP tho...the teamwork aspect, not so much on those tiny maps.  But in a nutshell,  you cant touch the amount of weapon/game mechanics that P4F  had  with reguards to weapons that we get from the armory in PR..  the bullet drop and vapor trail in P4F ..i mean AMAZING (to me) mechanics.  PR is best at teamplay and massive force on force maps ...thats what its good at.  Thats why me and few diehards still play..fak that XP grind.  I luv PR!! ...........(But P4F is still my all time #1 MVP!!) 

ps : i still have P4F wallpaper on my home page...is that holding on to long?

shout out :** Double for his amazing work on our stuff...no kidding!

Yeah the pay to win mentality and of course the damn hacking that went on were a major turn off, that's where PR wins hands down.

In PR, you don't need to get to level 30 before you can compete which was a flaw of the BFP4F version. If I'd known about PR before finding BFP4F I probably wouldn't have missed it but they are two totally different games to be honest. In PR the emphasis is team work and in BFP4F its totally individual run and gun. If your team mate drops dead beside you; bad luck buddy, better luck next time! :P Fricken love that defib though, zap and you're back in action! None of this shagging around getting people up as in PR.

ooooo that 50...OMG what an amazing gun.  My downfall has always been a shitty computer that wont run the graphics.  My longest range kill at Oman was from the igla at the crane to the spawn at the beach an he was a shadow....lol.  Like I said, i dint even know grass existed..always ran super low graphics...same scenario today...got an old clunker and just chugging along...Just have to be thankfully we got a well balanced community  that supports the game...LONG LIVE PR!!!

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, GRNANDGLD said:

My longest range kill at Oman was from the igla at the crane to the spawn at the beach an he was a shadow....lol. 

Remember that shot well, killed many guys on that SAM at the beach flag from that spot. We had a guy named Phoenix254 who was a demon with the British L96 but the M95 out-ranged it so the trick was to work out the distances and he couldn't kill me when we got into a duel. If I got too close he'd clean me up but now and again I'd nail the bastard. Here's one where I got him from the beach while he was hiding on the crane and thinking that it was impossible to hit him from my position. He threatened to ban me if I posted but I did anyway. He never lived that shot down..

Valhalla was another son-of-a-bitch who was very good but we found out later that he was using hacks, so no cred.

• Upvote 2