Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

"project reality BF3" is it real?

FatAlbert

Hi guys!

Been awhile, but I have been working my tail off.

Tonight, I happened on a youtube video about a "Project Reality BF3" and was wondering if this is a thing?    Also, is it the same group that developed the PR that I know (BF2 mod)?

and finally....where the hell is everyone?

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, FatAlbert said:

Hi guys!

Been awhile, but I have been working my tail off.

Tonight, I happened on a youtube video about a "Project Reality BF3" and was wondering if this is a thing?    Also, is it the same group that developed the PR that I know (BF2 mod)?

and finally....where the hell is everyone?

Hey FatAlbert! Still here mate.

13 hours ago, FatAlbert said:

Yea, no, that's not a thing.  Not officially.  Well, it's a thing, but it's wrong for them to use the name Project Reality without the words "inspired by" - so much that if PR was a commercial entity, they'd be in legal trouble for a name like that, and the constant parallel references.  They are trading on a name for popular support, and while it may get them a great deal of attention, it's gonna hurt them in the end as they will be held to standards of the game they are trying to copy, and any creative liberties they take will be scorned instead of welcomed.

I'll quote the best comment from that video for a point:

"1:03 He says "Project Reality" style mod. Not a mod for "Project Reality. There's a difference. I loved the BF2 Project Reality mod. Played it for years. Doubt this will become something as Electronic Arts will have to release the licence for the Frostbite engine. Sadly, I doubt this will happen soon."

I'd totally play a PR inspired mod in BF3, but I also doubt it will see the light of day anytime soon.

They discuss the project here, but again call it "the" Reality Mod for Venice Unleashed (BF3 'unlocked') - https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148096&page=3

Gotta say, the fact that they have dedicated a lot of time and effort these past years in order to reverse engineer Frostbite 3 and write a wrapping editor for it, from what I can see, is much credit to them. I really hope that EA/DICE do not aggressively go after them legally in the future, and that their endeavor can bear fruit for all of us to enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey @FatAlbert bruh, its been awhile no see. How have you been recently?

We are still here, playing beloved PR:BF2 till now. Welcome any time at VG server ^^

See ya in field soon,

- Inch

*Yea, PR:BF3 was a thing on Youtube. Don't expect high on those to be exist i guess, it always been EA that gives this modders some problems in their games... (but if it exist, i'm fully support them if possible, it could be giving some fresh look for BF3 in terms of gameplay as PR:BF2 does)

• Like 1

About the legal work

Technically it shouldn’t be an issue as they do the same as project reality. 

Aslong they do not sell it or make it a payed feature (and/or remove branding claim it’s theirs ect ect) they do not break any rules 

They only make a editor for the frostbite engine and that technically not an infraction as it can be seen as a program for anything that happens to be used for that. 

But will see. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Double. 

The video I saw didn't have that information, but it is from the crew from the link you provided......("suddenly....depression set it" - Stripes ).  Meh, I guess it's for the better, since my video card is dying after 7 years of diehard gaming.  I built this PC (with Crossfire - 2 x HD6970) to play BF3 in 5760x1080 resolution on Ultra.  But I went back to PR, so I gave away my 2nd video card to "help a guy out".  Still, my 2GB GPU is good enough to play PR in 5760x1080....until it stops working.

Kav/Inchpincher

It has been awhile.  Unfortunately, I've been catching up on some financial needs so I had been working 80-90 hours a week.  I've cut back on the hours recently, so I've had alittle time to finally get some sleep.    Now, I have a cold and had some time off and jumped on the COOP server.....which led to another issue. 

My mic isn't working in-game.  Worked with ALL my other games that I've tried, but PR.  So I uninstalled and re-installed my audio drivers and now my surround sound doesn't work in ALL games.  I'll post this issue in the proper section for some help because I'm at wits end.  

I'm dying to get back to PR....practically....since I have this nasty cold.  lol.

• Like 3