Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Marvel Or DC

WCCBadploy

I was going to leave this until later on. But after the passing of the Great Stan, ('Nuff Said!!), Lee I think it is only fitting that we celebrate the fantastic vision and inspirational message that he and other creative souls gave to the world.

I have been a life long fan of both publications. Avidly reading anything I could lay my hands on in the 70's and 80's.

• Upvote 4

Yea, same here - Not a DC fan, but I'm a Batman fan for life, grew up with the campy Adam West tv show, had Micheal Keaton's Batman on VHS with bonus WB ad for merch (just call to order, and they charge money per minute for the actual phone call to order it, too - so very 1980's).  Read X-Men comics as a kid, watched the cartoon religiously, and Wolverine specific stories were my favs. Knew all the secret past of Logan long before Hugh Jackman's first appearance, and so it was very nostalgic to see the different movies on those subjects.

Also, Marvel FTW these days, films are all blockbusters with tip-top special effects and recurring cast like a favorite tv show.  Definitely broke the mold, but wonder what will come after Infinity Wars 2 is over...

:D

• Like 5

I read as many Marvel comics as I could get my hands on as a kid.

I remember my teachers and parents saying, "It'll rot your brain, comics are not good for you", etc, etc.

WTF did they know, Stan Lee became a millionaire and had an estimated net worth of $50-80 million!!

R.I.P. Stan Lee.

• Like 2

One has Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron man :air_kiss:, Black Widow, Vision :air_kiss:, a freaking Heli Carrier, amazing stories, tragic deaths, and lifelong friendshipsthat show subtly.

The other has...

91a0rnEYRjL._RI_.thumb.jpg.3997107ccd737c5e7004efc354012278.jpg

(Any slight bias towards Marvel is based on complete awesomeness and not pure chance)

That said, DC has made some cool movies too ^^

• Like 4

I love both of these comics, DC and Marvel mainly are my favourites for the most part in comics/publisher world. There's a lot of inspiring things, cool, kickass and memorable characters almost in any line of stories.

But, i'm always getting myself to Marvel first than DC, especially from Cinematic universe. DC just seem to be late on doing the films than Marvel IMO, too shame to see that in real life. :(

Like @Acro1 said, DC made some cool stuff like that above, i grew up by some of the cartoons, like Justice League series (Unlimited is the favourite one :P). The most of art are cool in many ways, which is why i loved it.

With the progress been made until now, DC going to be the best at TV cartoon shows out there. I'm always a fan for their work, not so much as Marvel's. But, i do respect theirs as well-

You don't see Batman living in Japan in Ninja style everyday, it's already has an anime-looking and insane CGI too lol :P

- Inch

• Like 2