Pinkie_Pie_FFDP

Away time

Heyy all im away for som time as PR makes my pc Bluescreen for a wierd reason and i been doing everything to fix it so im working on finding an ''ok'' pc to rig up for PR and TS only so Dont miss me to much now 

No worries, bro!  Just as an FYI, there are a handful of people here who have fixed PC's for a career or are advanced amateurs with many years of experience in troubleshooting things like BSOD's and CTD's.  The code presented by the BSOD is what we use to track down the specific weird reason it crashes, and along with the Event Viewer, are often able to resolve the issue and stop it from happening.  Feel free to ask if you want someone to help, not sure who will volunteer, if no one else, I'd set aside time to work with you.

Best of luck to you! :drinks:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well no harm in trying som more with help even if i been fixing and building PC's for a few years myself  But the error code is as basic as  ( IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ) i tryed to add a picture but it dident let me do it

And also i googled it and done everything they recomended me to do and no luck  only thing i havent done atm is reinstalling Windows but i dont need to do that as it's Only PR that get's the Bluescreen somthing i find wierd as if i play 12 hours on GR Wildlands ( a demanding game ) the pc run's No problem what so ever   and i also tryed vanilla BF2 and no problem there 

win 7?   is the blue screen at start or at some point during the game?

actually this blue screen says that any driver addresses a wrong or nonexistent address. Therefore, you should remove everything you have installed on drivers or updates since this error cames up and see if it works.

if you have not installed anything, the probability of a hardware defect is not small. the usual suspects would be memory, graphics card, hard drive or overheating problem of any of these components.

I would then start  with testing individual memory-bars. newer games use your entire main memory and have better memory management. bf2 is old and can only address 4 gb ...

You should try slowly to narrow down the error. that could take a while.

edit:

did you changed the settings in pr?

It could be the fault of eax eg or v-sync or someting like that.

• Like 1

it's windows 10 and the bluescreen happens randomly but mostly after i join the server we play on

But thanks for giving me an idea on somthing to try out  gonna reinstall all the driver's and see IF that may fix it

if updates / new drivers / new hardware was installed, I would remove them again. If the problem persists, I would check my themperatures, read smart, run chkdsk and test individual ram modules. just plug in one module and see if the error is gone. if he is still there,  try the next one. If you have a blue screen again after that , these components are not the problem and the fault is somewhere else.

if you have no ssd you could also look how fragmented and full the system disk, the disk with pr and the swapfiledisk (if it is not the same) is....

sometimes it is a graphics card driver, sometimes the new wireless mouse, broken memory ... win7 often has a file in the lower left corner of the blue screen that is responsible for it. I do not know if this is the same with win10.

but that can also be something like that you have previously played with headphones and now on speaker or even digital ...

Edit: //

You could also check the system events which happened directly before blue screen.  just play and watch at the clock when it happens. go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and see if there are any errors.

//

let us know what you've tried and what happened ...good luck.

• Like 2

I have been testing out memory and other hardware and mostly anything you told me to try  but just the same so for now there is Only one option left that i want to do witout paying to much for new parts and so on is to set up a secondary pc with som hardware i have on hand or can get cheep 

On 1/10/2018 at 1:50 AM, 0100011000101 said:

if updates / new drivers / new hardware was installed, I would remove them again. If the problem persists, I would check my themperatures, read smart, run chkdsk and test individual ram modules. just plug in one module and see if the error is gone. if he is still there,  try the next one. If you have a blue screen again after that , these components are not the problem and the fault is somewhere else.

if you have no ssd you could also look how fragmented and full the system disk, the disk with pr and the swapfiledisk (if it is not the same) is....

sometimes it is a graphics card driver, sometimes the new wireless mouse, broken memory ... win7 often has a file in the lower left corner of the blue screen that is responsible for it. I do not know if this is the same with win10.

but that can also be something like that you have previously played with headphones and now on speaker or even digital ...

Edit: //

You could also check the system events which happened directly before blue screen.  just play and watch at the clock when it happens. go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and see if there are any errors.

//

let us know what you've tried and what happened ...good luck.

Don't get me wrong binary but this command: chkdsk  is the most USELESS ever microsoft Programers made :D it never give u shit when ur Hard driver go crazy.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

Don't get me wrong binary but this command: chkdsk  is the most USELESS ever microsoft Programers made :D it never give u shit when ur Hard driver go crazy.

^^

Chkdsk is not made to save data or disks. it can be used to repair read errors or surface problems. Chkdsk can not do much, but what it's supposed to do, it does.

I'm not a big fan of MS, but some tools are not that bad. chkdsk is really useful, but if you have bigger disk problems you should use programs like testdisk. but you can also break a lot.
One of the worst programs MS have build is the defragmentation tool...

23 hours ago, Pinkie_Pie_FFDP said:

I have been testing out memory and other hardware and mostly anything you told me to try  but just the same so for now there is Only one option left that i want to do witout paying to much for new parts and so on is to set up a secondary pc with som hardware i have on hand or can get cheep 

I think again what it can still be ... I still believe in a broken driver ...

if other games and programs are running without blue screens the hardware will not be broken.

EDIT:

what did the windows event viewer say? or what are the last entries before the blue screens?

if you have individual components available you could also swap components.

you could also turn off every unused system component in the device manager ... So Wlan, bluethoot, cam, cardreader, etc ...

this can also be due to eax, wrong bit depth or sample rate, exclusive mode and something like that.

maybe even delete the shader settings of pr ... I do not think that it brings anything but it can not hurt synonymous.

Possible causes:

- Bad memory.

- Bad extention card.

- Bad sector on hard drive.

- Bad contact on any pluged component on the motherboard (may be by dust).

- Less often, nvidia card that is using "Nv4.sys" as one of driver files (a driver update is required or disable hardware acceleration just for testing).

Main cause: A process for some reason is accessing to a protected memory block.

(If it's me, i would also download PR game from the start, nothing to lose for trying).

I had something similar, I downgraded from windows10 to 7 and got a new hard drive, haven't had a problem since.