Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Editing

Double_13

So I guess i just toss a coin and see who is interested in learning some basic PR modding.

As you all know I now do official modding for PR, meaning that whatever I make and upload it will be in an official PR update. However my time is limited due to uni and other things so i would like to see who else is interested in editing. This so that we could build a simple modding team and thus make more maps for future coop and make it better. I know you all thinking that is way to hard or that you need a really powerful computer to do this well no. The only main requirement is that you have 30 GB ish free space and windows 7 (windows 10 you will need a virtual machine to run it).

I am skipping the how to install the editor and how to unpack the map so you can edit sections as they are a one time explain thing. 

Without having to read pages of documentation, PR editing is nothing more then flying around on the map and rightlick to create a flag, spawnpoint, Asset spawner. 

Kppdi5O.png 

further you have to fill in a tiny tables (seen below) of who owns the flag,assset,spawn what does it spawn and how long for a respawn and you nearly done.

bNpOey1.png 

GQhgKu6.png
The nearly done points towards finalizing some ai areas you need to define. However going until this point is for me far enough as I could do the rest. I could ofcourse learn you how to do this as its nothing more then right clicking but if people go until this extend on contributing i am perfectly fine with it. 

Well I know you all posting about Navmeshes and other stuff so i guess i go over them quickly

Navmesh.
The navmesh is a green mesh that can be shown in the editor. It defines where bots CAN and CANNOT go. As the mesh size is limited not every section of the map is covered by it so the bots cannot go to it. For editing the ONLY requirement you have is that you need to put all the bot spawnpoints and assets on the green surface, this so that they can use it. You dont need to edit the navmesh as doing that does involve a good computer additional programs and even more free time.

Faction limit.
When you want to edit any map you have to take into account that the language spoke ingame (by the factions) CANNOT CHANGE. This means that when the original map (deployment) plays USA vs MEC the languages are locked at English vs Arabic. This means that we cannot play Germany Vs Poland as the languages would be incorrect. However we can play Canada vs FSA as canada uses English and FSA uses Arabic languages. 

Flag limit.
While the flag number has no limit (well 99999 flags is the limit) you can only have 9 groups of flags. With groups is meant that group 9 would be docks flag and group 8 would be north city flag. you can only cap group 8 if you own all the flags of group 9 ( even if that would be 20 flags) The limit means that we cannot have more then 9 of them in a row as we run out of numbers (game doesnt accept double digits)

So the question would be who would be interested to learn and to help out in the development of future coop map. I will help you with installing and getting everything up and running and asnwer the questions you might face when making the maps. If you just want to stick to what is explained in this topic that would already help me for 80% of the work. If you would like to learn how to do the entire map so you can testplay it I can help you with the additional steps. 

If interested reply below or poke me on TS so I can help getting everything setup and show you how to get started. 

All the help is welcome

Some quick links

Simple manual (step 4 is not required) http://members.iinet.net.au/~kyron/index.htm

Editor https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468

More manuals but most 99% are not used for PR map editing (I suggest you don't follow them as they  are unless you going into hardcore editing) https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20862

Note that some small modifications need to be made in the editor settings to be coop compatible. (Devs don't take coop into account in the installation wiki) 

Damn, Skitalez!  I didn't know were an old (very old) school scripter!  Arma scripting was my intro to coding and eventually programming, was big into Arma 2 at the time.

@Vanillapop You gotta be into something to put in all the time and work, but it's very rewarding because something tangible comes out of your time, instead of just playing the game, you get to help direct its design.  Take that as a first step, and eventually you see how easy programming can be (with good links to online resources) and you can move onto any project ... Skyrim modding, crazy minecraft stuff, little apps for your phone, etc.  Deep rabbit hole :dirol:

• Upvote 1

Editors i tried since 1998 :D 

and i did some Editing in this game called : Primitive wars. lol

By the way i still play lot of OLD games from time to time because it reminds me of great time. now win Win10 its not possible. so yes i want to ask a question here. is there any way to Install another OS in my Pc with Win 10 except virtual things ? like Win 10 and 7 in same machine ? i know there is not but i still love to ask.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

like Win 10 and 7 in same machine ? i know there is not but i still love to ask.

Sure, you can do that! :D

You just need extra hard drive space... partition off a portion of it for a dual boot installation of a different operating system.  Am I missing something?  Does the latest Win10 with updates not play well with dual boot systems (Win7/Win10) ?? I don't let my Win10 update when it wants to, so I don't have that troublesome Creators Update, etc. etc... I don't see why it wouldn't work, though, people have been using dual boot to try new or different operating systems without scrapping their currents system for years...

Edit:  Even if Dual Boot was not possible, you can always buy another cheap hard drive and physically remove the current OS drive, put the new drive in it's place and install a different OS, and all that...  And could just pull the new drive and pop in the old one to swap between Win7 or Win10.  Dual boot is best option, though, if you have the space to hold 2 OS's on it plus overhead.

• Upvote 1

Another solution for ranger_12 (that i use sometimes) if he dont want to use dual boot and keep his win10 HD "clean" is:

- unplug win10 HD

- put a cheap HD in the PC

- install win7 in cheap HD

- plug back win10 HD

now you can go to bios and set HD top priority to the one you want to use.

This is just an alternative solution to keep both HDs independant and "clean" if you want to avoid dual boot or virtual machine.

(If for some reason you need to do this to install linux, be aware that linux will affect your win10 HD even after separate installation, but win7 will not).

• Upvote 2

So far binkle has it up and running and is creating the first map layer but who else is interessted. 

I will most likely create a PM with the people interessted. This as else it would spam the forum with information others might not need.  

So lemme know if your interessted and I’ll get you setup as much I can