Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG=

ranger_12

i noticed that long ago i tried to add this =VG= to my user-name but it was not possible but now its possible ! i don't know if its me or ... i don't realy know. even if its allowed to do it . hope u received the message. 

now ! everyone can just add VG to hes name and look like an VG admin. just curious if this is a system issue or its normal.

25 minutes ago, ranger_12 said:

now ! everyone can just add VG to hes name and look like an VG admin. just curious if this is a system issue or its normal.

i think its normal...but they will kick oder ban if you are not a member and using this tag...

I noticed that a few days ago when a relatively unknown user had taken a "=-VG-=" tag. double warned and kicked him ....

• Upvote 1

If you're talking in-game in PR, that has been a feature since the beginning - so people didn't have to make a new name when joining a clan, they put in a field specifically for tags separate from the username space.

Surprised you didn't notice until now, you've played PR for a few minutes now... ;)

As far as people putting on false VG tags, sometimes it's someone messing around and deserving a warn and/or kick, but other times it is legitimately a brand new player (or even brand new to PC gaming in general) and is misunderstanding the concept.  That was the case with Wooz, who went on to actually become a real member over time - so be sure you're understanding and giving the benefit of the doubt.  Some are new, some are dumb, some are smart but just don't "get it" yet.  Kindly explain it to them and welcome everyone you see who isn't a giant asshole.
:hi:

*edit: If you are talking about the website, that's just our extended username field which unlike most websites, allows special characters AND spaces.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

If you wish to join find a member willing of putting you up for vote. The vote will then decide yes or no.

binary i will kick you from the squad if you go afk each 10m to deal with ppls and warn them. admin is not a fun job if you want to focus on the game :P 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ranger_12 said:

binary i will kick you from the squad if you go afk each 10m to deal with ppls and warn them. admin is not a fun job if you want to focus on the game :P 

lol

then I kick you for the abusive kick of an abusive admin. no fear, sometimes at night (cet) it would be helpful to have an admin there but in general that would be too much for me. I want to play, not take care for order ...

18 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

If you wish to join find a member willing of putting you up for vote. The vote will then decide yes or no.

and double will you do it?^^

that was actually a joke. I also feel like "part of the whole".
and the VG in the tag would mean that I start again at zero points. I can not do that as long as I have not overtaken ranger ;p

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, 0100011000101 said:

that was actually a joke. I also feel like "part of the whole".
and the VG in the tag would mean that I start again at zero points. I can not do that as long as I have not overtaken ranger ;p

Don't ;)  ... i may go back and play 16/24 and then you will never be admin ;) 

i no more have good assets and camp and have lot of kills and points and im only flying trans time ago so its easy to overtake me.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ranger_12 said:

Don't ;)  ... i may go back and play 16/24 and then you will never be admin ;) 

ok, deal.

But watch out, if I do not see you online so often, then I'll apply for admin rights and then you'll be banned.

• Upvote 1

Well it does need to be clarified every now and then. I had to ask someone today who's not a VG member to remove his 'tags'. And it's not the first time I had to make that clear. And in fact there was some confusion about a proper VG member like a year ago. Yeah I think it was me and two of the English going - is this guy for real? 

Maybe pull up a member-list so we can check. 

If only you guys weren't so exclusive... :D

... Also I started the =WOLF= clan for us left-overs. But it didn't really pick up. I think Hater also did the =H8= thing... Didn't pick up either. Ah well...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, =VG= m823us said:

We have an active list of =VG= members if you look on our website under "members" section and select "Clan members".  Semler and myself keep this updated with new admin as well as people who "earn the tags".  

There is? Because when myself and the two English =VG= members were trying to figure out if a guy was legit we had quite the search. Specifically because his in game name had changed. When I click "members" I basically get a list of all members of the website. 

6 hours ago, Xenalite said:

That will do  - each member group can be part of the filter in Advanced Search under Members....  But that would be if you're trying to see all that info about all the different groups and members at VG....

If you just wanted to check a list of only officially tagged VG Members, Moderators, and PR Admins, just click on the Staff link instead of Members...
VGSTAFF.PNG

Here's a lazy link:  http://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/staff/

• Like 2