23 hours ago, Xenalite said:

Can unblock these maps:

mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 128
mapList.append karbala gpm_coop 16

Khami INF and Pavlovsk INF can probably be taken out of starter maps though. One doesn't bleed, and the other is very difficult.

Done and done (but no one replied about the question:  did we put Muttrah 128 on disabled after report that shit wouldn't work? for that reason, it remains on the disabled list until I get answer).  Gotta go.  Have a wonderful weekend! Will check back in case needed.
:drinks:

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2018 at 1:33 AM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

TO CLARIFY:  Should we remove Sbeneh maps?  If so, which ones (be specific please)?  *By remove, I mean put in standard rotation, and not starting/seeding rotations

Don't think it's a wise decision though (but i'm absolutely agree with putting it on Standard map rotation), personally i haven't seen any problems with it (except with the server crash caused by here below, that i'm about to mention). It is also one of the favourites for some players in-game when they we're looking for rush/fun plays. It's kinda bad for low pop (especially the STD, ALT is fine sometimes though)

And most of the layouts are fine, only how the people notice the warns about 'how not to make the server crash' (usually i'm myself taught and always telling them in !s command in-early game)

Here's the only thing that i knew so far:

- @ INF layout, is just fine, only the difficulties of working together against enemy Infantry which is also hard when in low-pop ( how to win: bleed their tickets till the ends / 0 ). But sometimes these new people also easy to get bored/not giving the best effort at least for a round and wanted the admins just to change the maps/runnext.

- @ ALT layout, there's a possibility that the server crash by the Bots using the CAS Chopper (in here is Hind/Havoc) while flying (i assume it were flew off the map/crash the chopper somewhere). Also, in gameplay since it is at dark-time and uses OPFOR faction, is also a hard game when it's on low pop, just in matter of time to work together as possible. This layout includes 1 Tank (T-62) and 2 IFV's (BMP-1) which makes the game a bit easier then you thought (if the INF doing well on their jobs ofc)

- @ STD layout, latest thing known is flying a Trans chopper (Mil Mi-17 Hip-H) off the map to the south side from main base (MEC Deployment Area) will crash the server. It's also best to mention that this also bad map for low pop, even though there's a lot of assets to use (mostly medium-heavy ground assets like, BTR-60, BMP-2M, Shilka etc.). Again, this needs a work and cooperation with all infantry, armored and trans squad in order to win or else it's going to be long ass game.. :(

This is a good map, in hands of players with knowledge ;)

Been out from the game for awhile,

- Inch

• Upvote 2

these maps should be added to the blacklist

mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append asad_khal gpm_coop 32
mapList.append asad_khal gpm_coop 64
mapList.append assault_on_grozny gpm_coop 16
mapList.append assault_on_mestia gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 16
mapList.append battle_of_ia_drang gpm_coop 32
mapList.append battle_of_ia_drang gpm_coop 64
mapList.append beirut gpm_coop 32
mapList.append beirut gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bijar_canyons gpm_coop 32
mapList.append black_gold gpm_coop 16
mapList.append burning_sands gpm_coop 16
mapList.append charlies_point gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dovre gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dovre_winter gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dragon_fly gpm_coop 16
mapList.append fools_road gpm_coop 16
mapList.append fools_road gpm_coop 64
mapList.append goose_green gpm_coop 64
mapList.append hades_peak gpm_coop 16
mapList.append hades_peak gpm_coop 32
mapList.append hill_488 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append iron_ridge gpm_coop 64
mapList.append jabal gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 16
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 32
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append korengal gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 32
mapList.append nuijamaa gpm_coop 64
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 16
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 32
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 64
mapList.append operation_archer gpm_coop 16
mapList.append operation_ghost_train gpm_coop 16
mapList.append operation_soul_rebel gpm_coop 64
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 16
mapList.append qwai1 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append qwai1 gpm_coop 32
mapList.append ramiel gpm_coop 16
mapList.append route gpm_coop 16
mapList.append route gpm_coop 64
mapList.append saaremaa gpm_coop 32
mapList.append saaremaa gpm_coop 64
mapList.append sahel gpm_coop 64
mapList.append sbeneh_outskirts gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shahadah gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shahadah gpm_coop 64
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 32
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 64
mapList.append silent_eagle gpm_coop 16
mapList.append tad_sae gpm_coop 16
mapList.append tad_sae gpm_coop 32
mapList.append the_falklands gpm_coop 16
mapList.append vadso_city gpm_coop 32
mapList.append wanda_shan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append xiangshan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append yamalia gpm_coop 16
mapList.append yamalia gpm_coop 32

• Like 1

Well done.

Fantastic tool for a solving one of the most pressing issues in the BF2/PR Universe.

A Big Thanks for sharing and taking the time to complete this task.

My compliments to all the other folks that lent their support and skills to making this such an impressive success!!

assault on grozny inf is brocken. you spawn with an american-kit and die immediately. dropping is not possible.
There are also "ghosts". so kits run around without the player inside.

edit:

there was something like that certain factions can not play after other. that should be it.

That is quite a lot of maps..... All those need to be removed from the map list randomizer and placed on the blacklist? Or do you mean simply remove them from the seeder/starter rotation and place them in standard rotation?

if it is the fractions problem, you should can start with this map ... only has to make sure that it does not come after a map with American fraction.

14 hours ago, InchPincherToo said:

this needs a work and cooperation with all infantry, armored and trans squad in order to win or else it's going to be long ass game.. :(

There is no kind of cooperation ! although it is limited to some players only (Those who realy love Team Work) and others are only concerned with points and keep their death score clean at all costs! (and they are very few :)  Others don't care about strategies ... and they corrupt everything on other players. i saw an entire squad got killed because of another guy from diff squad looking at enemy tanks with a rifle. result ? a FRAG kill all those poor guys. and random FOBS everywhere force newbs to spawn everywhere and kill the team work and so many other mistakes ... i can't count them. 

To restor order and back to the good days i suggest somethings:

- Immédiate punishement for those who jump flags and spread chaos in the battlefield and force bots to do stupid movements can ruin strategies of game play.

- Don't build FOBS everywhere. (fobs must be in pre-planed locations) apcs can retreat to this GOOD fobs anyway and fallen players can spawn in a safe area and Renew strategy ! 

- If you don't know how to fly ? (Don') Don't excpect  support while you don't report anything. especialy from C.A.S

- In maps with lot of flags try to communicate with other SLs and don't punch up in one flag and ruin their plans. 

I believe everysingle word i said and much more are already known from the game loader screens in all maps and in this game rules. but its good to remind. 

Parden my language.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

That is quite a lot of maps..... All those need to be removed from the map list randomizer and placed on the blacklist? Or do you mean simply remove them from the seeder/starter rotation and place them in standard rotation?

So...... No answer??

They in general not playable with low population. You can ofcourse remove some maps I just did it quickly based on what I think would be best.

maps without ticket bleed have not been accounted for. That would require information about each map where if they bleed. If this information is present then I could just fix it with an official update.

Maps with 2 or more final flags cannot have ticket bleed. As I cannot set the flag ticket value to bleed. 

I think we should just "Duke" it out. I remember early morning shit on Muttrah when there's just 3 of us. Shortly after there's fifteen of us. Sure it's hard. But come on!

• Like 1

Also if there's absolutely no other way. We usually have an admin who can !setnext for a breather. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Sorry I didn’t check the post again.

all the maps mentioned are for the randomiser start blacklist. 

We need to get on the same page with terminology / nomenclature ...

1. Seed/Starting Map List: Maps that seed well for starter maps (see notes above, should bleed last flag, etc.)
  2. Standard Rotation Map List: Maps not suited for Seeding/Starting and will appear in-game rotation
  3. Blacklist:  Maps we have disabled and will not appear in-game as a rotation option ever.

If I assume what you mean, I would put all those maps you listed on the "Standard Rotation Map List" and NOT the Blacklist, as the blacklist is disabled maps we will not be playing.  Am I correct?

@=VG= SemlerPDXAll the maps that I listed should NOT be a possible starting map. (Blacklist) Edit: read above, wrong word! -sem

The reasons why these maps should not be potential start map. 

All INF layer requires 10 + people to play. As no OP assets are present the main could be overran quite fast making it impossible to spawn

all vietnam maps removed for obvious reasons.

All maps where Bluefor main is capable (could block spawning entirely if it would be taken) 

And some maps are to hard and could last few hours.

Don’t get me wrong I would personally love to see all these maps in the startup because they are hard but I am sure other people do not like these maps to last few hours.

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
note in red -sem
  • Upvote 1

Okay, I've just reviewed your list of proposed removals with the actual Starter Map List -- your list is longer than the actual maps on that list...

So, I'm outsourcing this task -- attached is an .RAR file with the current starter_maps.txt file and the proposed removals in a file called RemoveTheseFromStarterMapsFile.py  (don't ask why the .py, this touchscreen laptop is giving me hell)

Whoever would like to take the initiative, you may recreate the starter_maps.txt file for VG ensuring no maps from the "Remove..." file are present.  Upload it here and I will put it into place on the server.

Select New Start Maps.rar

Well done! Thank you!

I only found one mistake:

^was still present in the new file, but was noted in the RemoveThese file.  No biggie, I deleted it and it looks good to go.  Here's the new (shortened) VG Seeder/Starter map list file for review/discussion - if everything looks good, I'll make it live tomorrow:

mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append assault_on_grozny gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 32
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append black_gold gpm_coop 64
mapList.append burning_sands gpm_coop 64
mapList.append fallujah_west gpm_coop 64
mapList.append gaza_2 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append jabal gpm_coop 32
mapList.append jabal gpm_coop 64
mapList.append karbala gpm_coop 32
mapList.append karbala gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 32
mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 128
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 32
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 64
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 128
mapList.append lashkar_valley gpm_coop 16
mapList.append muttrah_city_2 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append muttrah_city_2 gpm_coop 32
mapList.append muttrah_city_2 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append muttrah_city_2 gpm_coop 128
mapList.append operation_archer gpm_coop 64
mapList.append operation_marlin gpm_coop 16
mapList.append operation_marlin gpm_coop 32
mapList.append operation_marlin gpm_coop 64
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 32
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 64
mapList.append qwai1 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append ramiel gpm_coop 32
mapList.append sbeneh_outskirts gpm_coop 32
mapList.append silent_eagle gpm_coop 64
mapList.append vadso_city gpm_coop 128

u rock, Cap'n Hawk! :drinks:

On 7/21/2018 at 9:16 AM, =VG= Double_13 said:

these maps should be added to the blacklist

mapList.append assault_on_mestia gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 16
mapList.append battle_of_ia_drang gpm_coop 32
mapList.append battle_of_ia_drang gpm_coop 64
mapList.append beirut gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bijar_canyons gpm_coop 32
mapList.append charlies_point gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dovre gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dovre_winter gpm_coop 64
mapList.append dragon_fly gpm_coop 16
mapList.append fools_road gpm_coop 16
mapList.append fools_road gpm_coop 64
mapList.append goose_green gpm_coop 64
mapList.append hades_peak gpm_coop 16
mapList.append hades_peak gpm_coop 32
mapList.append hill_488 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append iron_ridge gpm_coop 64
mapList.append jabal gpm_coop 16

mapList.append kashan_desert gpm_coop 16
mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 32
mapList.append kokan gpm_coop 64

mapList.append korengal gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 16
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 32
mapList.append nuijamaa gpm_coop 64
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 16
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 32
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 64
mapList.append operation_archer gpm_coop 16
mapList.append operation_ghost_train gpm_coop 16
mapList.append operation_soul_rebel gpm_coop 64
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 16
mapList.append qwai1 gpm_coop 16
mapList.append qwai1 gpm_coop 32
mapList.append ramiel gpm_coop 16

mapList.append route gpm_coop 16
mapList.append route gpm_coop 64
mapList.append saaremaa gpm_coop 32
mapList.append saaremaa gpm_coop 64
mapList.append sahel gpm_coop 64
mapList.append sbeneh_outskirts gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shahadah gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shahadah gpm_coop 64
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 16
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 32
mapList.append shijiavalley gpm_coop 64

mapList.append silent_eagle gpm_coop 16
mapList.append tad_sae gpm_coop 16
mapList.append tad_sae gpm_coop 32
mapList.append the_falklands gpm_coop 16
mapList.append vadso_city gpm_coop 32
mapList.append wanda_shan gpm_coop 64

mapList.append xiangshan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append yamalia gpm_coop 16
mapList.append yamalia gpm_coop 32

We should not have excluded all those maps. The ones I underlined are perfectly fine to play on smaller populations.

In fact, we've been having a lot of fun and good squad cooperation on INF maps, when it's harder and not just shooting fish in a barrel with assets.

I think it's pretty tedious when we have rounds that finish in 15 minutes. The criteria for starter maps was not that they would be easy, but that they would be finish-able without !runnext.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xenalite said:

We should not have excluded all those maps. The ones I underlined are perfectly fine to play on smaller populations.

In fact, we've been having a lot of fun and good squad cooperation on INF maps, when it's harder and not just shooting fish in a barrel with assets.

I think it's pretty tedious when we have rounds that finish in 15 minutes. The criteria for starter maps was not that they would be easy, but that they would be finish-able without !runnext.

Agree.

• Like 1

So, it seems there has been another communication error in this thread, and it has caused yet another delay in getting this Randomizer sorted as we had desired.  I apologize for not scrutinizing the proposals more closely, I fully understand that English is not a first language for all of us.  That being said, I would appreciate it if we could all get on the same page here with terms and concepts regarding this system.

I have been careful in my posts to explain things directly and plainly, and I feel that if more care is taken when reading or translating these concepts, fewer communication errors will occur.  If something doesn't make sense to you, say so and ask for clarification.  I had clarified three terms for use, and in the post directly following that, a term was misused, and though we could tell by context what was meant, it is an example of where we can improve.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right.  *Referring to interpreting and understanding a concept in a language not your own.

_____

Okay, so this has been live for some time now.   I had mentioned a few times how odd and long that list looked, as it exceeded the length of the actual start maps file.  I am in Wisconsin trying to keep my parents' spirits up while mom is dealing with cancer and chemo shit; times like this when they are not home, I distract myself by getting online and trying to remember where I left off in my projects, and it's hard to work on this laptop with it's tiny screen when you're used to a triple monitor setup.
;)

Because of all that, I outsourced the work last time, and would like to do that again here as I am waiting for the PR Update (coming asap).  I didn't review the list at all, I just took it as read to be needed.

@Xenalite if you would like to create (or recreate) a starter map file with some serious thought put into it, with maps meeting the criteria we discussed, and upload a link to this thread, I will get it in place and live.

@Xenalite the INF maps you unblocked are not that easy to play with 10 people and the problem is that on some the main can be capped making humans unable to spawn at all. (for example mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 16) The ticket bleed is slow meaning that in that time the humans cannot spawn at all and the people simply will leave because they cant even play. 

I don't mind those maps been in it as it is fun to play those maps but I added most of them with the idee that a bunch of randoms should be able to play it without getting wrecked. 

The list i made was just a general idea list and some maps can be removed. I am just providing feedback on your ideas why I blocked them if you think they should be in its worth a shot

Had some time to kill, so here's the new Starter Map List for the Randomizer - I've just made it Live on the server:

mapList.append albasrah_2 gpm_coop 64
mapList.append assault_on_grozny gpm_coop 64
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 32
mapList.append bamyan gpm_coop 64
mapList.append black_gold gpm_coop 64