• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

(Incomplete) VG Server Standard Maintenance & Updates - Friday 0300 ZULU (Thursday night for USA)   06/15/2018

**Too many players online, only did half the work - will complete tomorrow evening, same time**
      All VG Game Servers including TS3 and Falcon BMS will be going down for standard maintenance and updates on Friday June 22st at 0300 ZULU (which will be Wednesday evening in the USA).  Downtime is estimated to be 5 hours, but could be shorter (or longer) depending on a number of factors.  TS3 and Falcon BMS may be restored faster, and we may get these servers back online before moving on to other tasks.
=VG= TEDF

Project Reality COOP Event 30th of June

On 8.6.2018 at 3:21 PM, =VG= TEDF said:

(numbers)

Admin abuse !!! random letters call me numbers! ; P

PM me or talk to me in game or TS3 if you would like to join.

Oscar Mic Infantry Squad at your service...

SL- HaterOneActual

Medic -

2nd Medic - GRNANDGLD (?)

A.R. -

Engineer -

A.T. - Denis34312

Rifleman -

Rifleman -

16 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

SQL : Ranger_12

Medic / 2IC :  Rotblut

Demolitions : Jersans

Operator 1 : Binary (0100010001)

Operator 2 : Stalinhammer  

Guys if its not ok with you,  let me know please ! 

Im ok with it 

On 6/11/2018 at 11:22 AM, =VG= HaterOneActual said:

PM me or talk to me in game or TS3 if you would like to join.

Oscar Mic Infantry Squad at your service...

SL- HaterOneActual

Medic - H8crazyVet (?)

2nd Medic -

A.R. -

Engineer -

A.T. - Denis34312

Rifleman -

Rifleman -

pencil me in for 2nd medic...if i can get off work

My night Muttrah dream has come true!!

On 10/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, Jersans said:

So that's demolitions for me then I guess. 

you are more than capable Jersans. you just don't know ;) 

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, =VG= TEDF said:

"PRT time is equal to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), also known as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Please note : Like GMT, PRT time does NOT switch to summer time. Please take your own time-zone's summer time change into account."

Untitled.thumb.png.8333bfe02aafd817c3bc579e7e0a7242.png

On a side note: Thanks @=VG= SemlerPDX for putting this back on the home page. :buba:

• Upvote 1

I've updated the Calendar with a date and time with the base time zone set to GMT, it will display locally to the user in their time.  Check the date of the PR Event, 30th at 1800 -- the calendar will tell you when that 3 hour event runs in YOUR time.

:tatice_06:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I've updated the Calendar with a date and time with the base time zone set to GMT, it will display locally to the user in their time.  Check the date of the PR Event, 30th at 1800 -- the calendar will tell you when that 3 hour event runs in YOUR time.

nice job. Thank you. but maybe it makes sense to add something like "your time" so you do not get confused. I know it now but anyone who does not see this threat might be confused there.

no criticism, just a thought. I can handle it ^^

• Upvote 1

Where would this info go?  If I have created more confusion by doing this, I can undo it.

Time zones display locally on websites, most all websites.  When you look at a forum post, it says when it was posted (not in the poster's time zone, but the reader).
example:
time displayed on forums is local.PNG

Note the time displayed of those posts -- they are displayed to ME in PST because that is where I live.

Again, all I did was add the time of an event to it's Calendar entry -- it's the person's browser that changes it to their time.  I can't add notes to every online detail/concept, and if it's not intuitive enough (and requires over-explanation), then it's likely not a good system to use, and should be removed.  It's not easy to account for people who would be confused by a concept when one cannot understand how it is confusing, or in what way.  Not exactly sure what to do, but input is welcome.

**EDIT:  Added a small block below it to explain, but IMO it looks bad, ugly and unprofessional:
description time zones.PNG

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
*EDIT at asterisk
  • Like 1

Great Stuff FOlks!

You guys are surely living the digital adventure.

Rock On Everyone!!

Well Done to all the Fantastic team that makes this a happening and happy factor for VG.

TEDster, Yer Number One!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1