Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality COOP Event 30th of June

TEDF

On 6/11/2018 at 11:22 AM, =VG= HaterOneActual said:

PM me or talk to me in game or TS3 if you would like to join.

Oscar Mic Infantry Squad at your service...

SL- HaterOneActual

Medic - H8crazyVet (?)

2nd Medic -

A.R. -

Engineer -

A.T. - Denis34312

Rifleman -

Rifleman -

pencil me in for 2nd medic...if i can get off work

My night Muttrah dream has come true!!

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, =VG= TEDF said:

"PRT time is equal to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), also known as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Please note : Like GMT, PRT time does NOT switch to summer time. Please take your own time-zone's summer time change into account."

Untitled.thumb.png.8333bfe02aafd817c3bc579e7e0a7242.png

On a side note: Thanks @=VG= SemlerPDX for putting this back on the home page. :buba:

• Upvote 1

I've updated the Calendar with a date and time with the base time zone set to GMT, it will display locally to the user in their time.  Check the date of the PR Event, 30th at 1800 -- the calendar will tell you when that 3 hour event runs in YOUR time.

:tatice_06:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I've updated the Calendar with a date and time with the base time zone set to GMT, it will display locally to the user in their time.  Check the date of the PR Event, 30th at 1800 -- the calendar will tell you when that 3 hour event runs in YOUR time.

nice job. Thank you. but maybe it makes sense to add something like "your time" so you do not get confused. I know it now but anyone who does not see this threat might be confused there.

no criticism, just a thought. I can handle it ^^

• Upvote 1

Where would this info go?  If I have created more confusion by doing this, I can undo it.

Time zones display locally on websites, most all websites.  When you look at a forum post, it says when it was posted (not in the poster's time zone, but the reader).
example:
time displayed on forums is local.PNG

Note the time displayed of those posts -- they are displayed to ME in PST because that is where I live.

Again, all I did was add the time of an event to it's Calendar entry -- it's the person's browser that changes it to their time.  I can't add notes to every online detail/concept, and if it's not intuitive enough (and requires over-explanation), then it's likely not a good system to use, and should be removed.  It's not easy to account for people who would be confused by a concept when one cannot understand how it is confusing, or in what way.  Not exactly sure what to do, but input is welcome.

**EDIT:  Added a small block below it to explain, but IMO it looks bad, ugly and unprofessional:
description time zones.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.6.2018 at 3:21 PM, =VG= TEDF said:

Download : TBA

could you upload the map as early as possible?
In the worst case, I only have internet over the phone. works well while playing but the downloads last forever. if you are afraid we could look at the maps before, you can take a password-protected archive ... I'm only interested in the download itself, so I'm not getting too late;)

On 6/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, =VG= HaterOneActual said:

PM me or talk to me in game or TS3 if you would like to join.

Oscar Mic Infantry Squad at your service...

SL- HaterOneActual

Medic -

2nd Medic - GRNANDGLD (?)

A.R. -

Engineer -

A.T. - Denis34312

Rifleman -

Rifleman -

Count me in Hater, whatever position.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Count me in Hater, whatever position.

I'm not sure if Hater is currently available. Of course it would be nice to have him involved, but if he has other things to do, it should be understandable. and even if he forget the event ...

Download is up : Click Here

To install : 

1. extract VGevent_30_06.zip
2. copy/cut and paste the folders event_sben & muttrah_event to your levels folder (Default location : C: Program Files (x86)/Project Reality / Project Reality BF2 / mods / pr / levels. )
3. Make sure that you Restart your game in order for the changes to take effect.
4. Check if the maps are properly installed by launching the game, going to COOP, create local and check if the maps called Muttrah Event & Sbeneh Outskirts Event are on the list. If it's there then you are set for the event.
5. Server password will be released around an hour prior to the event (1700 PRT) on VG site (www.veterans-gaming.com) and on TS at 5.9.23.136.

Additional info / rules / reminder :

1. No flag hopping allowed! Follow the cap order. Armor stick with INF.

2. On muttrah, APC crew using the 30mm MTLBs, must request crewman kits from the repair station before being allowed to use the vehicle.

3. Spec Ops squad claims the tigrs and engineer kit on Sbeneh and are the only ones allowed to ignore the cap order in order to locate the radar stations. Breacher kits are disabled during the event.

4. On Sbeneh, the radar stations are only allowed to be blown up by the engineer in Spec Ops squad. If you happen to find one, let them know and move on or secure the area, but DO NOT blow it up using grenades, vehicles etc.

5. Radar Stations : 

2mXY5fK.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2