Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

question

ranger_12

I have a question, i mean  i noticed something: everyone ''win'' the admin bag he leave the game after he was active player. whats in that bag guys ??? :Alvarin_07:

i mean whats wrong with ppls after they become admins they stop daily play and they start act very weird (not all of course) some of them ... lol 

Well you are right ranger we did had quite a few admins that quit soon after they became admin. However this is their choice to make.

most people change their behaviour when they become admin. This change in behaviour is sometimes good or sometimes bad. However been an admin on the server is for some people to much to ask for and they quit.

i remembered that =VG= Ryan got PR admin but soon asked his admin to be removed because it ruined the game for him. He said it is different playing as a normal person than playing as an admin.

But ranger if you say that people quit faster if they are admin shouldn’t you not be admin then or else you quit PR faster? 

Not going to lie, everyone thinks being an admin is power and fun but really admin stands for administration and that is what it is. Every few minutes you have to pause your game and deal with the riff raff but in the end it is worth it. Try connecting to any other coop server without admins and you see the difference where there is no squads and only chaos. I am Australian and I would rather the 300 ping I get with VG than the insanity I get with GDO servers tbh.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

But ranger if you say that people quit faster if they are admin shouldn’t you not be admin then or else you quit PR faster? 

i never wanted to be admin. im not hypocrite :P  ...  im not going to ban a new player because he tked me because  i was so angry. you know what i mean ???  its a power in  weak hands. 

1 hour ago, ranger_12 said:

you know what i mean ???  its a power in  weak hands. 

^^that's why they should never give me admin rights. I would ban all admins and take over the server.;P but do not worry, you could stay ...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 0100011000101 said:

^^that's why they should never give me admin rights. I would ban all admins and take over the server.;P but do not worry, you could stay ...

yes. me too not sure i will do my job the right way. because i maybe angry someday and ban wrong ppls in wrong time not because they are bad, its because im in a bad mood. so i refuse this power even if they gave it to me. i prefer enjoy my time. but its a hard work anyway and good luck to the admins. all of rm the good and the 'bad' lol ... 

about stay or leave its my call. my own call ;) its free game and free server and im the only one who decide leaving or staying. don't listen to double hes Jealous :D  ...

and thats FACT everyone became admin we don't see him anymore in this server only few minutes a week ... looks like they gave them cursed commands or something hahahahah   ..

Just to add extra inf if u r curious: i never wanted to be admin. and i know that some admins vouch against me. that never hurts me ;) 

there is always good ppls who will vouch for me. but ty since double opened this topic no i will never be admin by my choice not yours ;) ... 

im here to play only. eat your drama and keep it to your self because i don't give a single damn .. 

3 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

its free game and free server

... free for you, maybe...

Personally, I pay $16 a month so VG & PR Admins have access to a secure and easy to use web panel (TCAdmin) to manage the server(s), SavageCDN pays about $50 a month to keep the game server from shutting down, BLuDKLoT pays around $40 a month to keep the website running, and around $140 a year for domain registration and other taxes/fees, m823us paid the TeamSpeak 3 server license for 2018 to the tune of around $50 (Double13 paid the 2017 TS3), and we've almost made back the around $900 BLuDKLoT put out of his own pocket for website/coding/html/css work he needed to be done back in 2015/2016  (current running total is about $746 / 900).

vg cost per day month year breakdown.PNG

And we don't goad people for donations, though the list is displayed prominently on the home page.   VG is a member supported community, some members support more than others and I'm not bitching at the disproportionate end of it (when's the last time you saw SavageCDN enjoy these servers he pays for?) but I just wanted to remind everyone since the opportunity arose.

So, free for almost everyone - and we encourage people with a sense of justice and a level head to become good Admins, but not everyone is up to the challenge.  How can you know if you like anchovies if you never eat them?  We toss these players in to the deep water of PR Admin, and see if they sink or swim.

The cream always rises to the top.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Personally, I pay $16 a month so VG & PR Admins have access to a secure and easy to use web panel (TCAdmin) to manage the server(s), SavageCDN pays about $50 a month to keep the game server from shutting down, BLuDKLoT pays around $40 a month to keep the website running, and around $140 a year for domain registration and other taxes/fees, m823us paid the TeamSpeak 3 server license for 2018 to the tune of around $50 (Double13 paid the 2017 TS3), and we've almost made back the around $900 BLuDKLoT put out of his own pocket for website/coding/html/css work he needed to be done back in 2015/2016  (current running total is about $746 / 900).

And we don't goad people for donations, though the list is displayed prominently on the home page.   VG is a member supported community, some members support more than others and I'm not bitching at the disproportionate end of it (when's the last time you saw SavageCDN enjoy these servers he pays for?) but I just wanted to remind everyone since the opportunity arose.

So, free for almost everyone - and we encourage people with a sense of justice and a level head to become good Admins, but not everyone is up to the challenge.  How can you know if you like anchovies if you never eat them?  We toss these players in to the deep water of PR Admin, and see if they sink or swim.

well, good luck with that i know its not easy and i know well that you guys spend money from your own pockets to keep this game alive. as i do giving time to this game. its not same in a way, but thats all i can do. i said before and its ok to repeat it again. i have no clue how to donate and help keeping this game alive because as i said before (and more ppls have the same problem i believe) i live in a country that you can't buy stuff from Web, its almost impossible. no credit cards no pay pal nothing to access ..

and i was just asking because its not fun to see active players leave the game tho we spent good time playing together ( and it was short time after they became admins). its was a simple question. and what i meant by '' free server'' we don't need to pay to play (thx to you guysand i personaly aperciate your work) 

this is the 3d time i post a topic and it goes completetly wrong. and if Mr double pays and wants me to leave this server because he pays. well thats not my bad. 

its not a big deal and as i understand no need for all of this. because my topic was clear and simple.  hope my point is clear now. and good luck and keep up the good work please.

• Upvote 1

Yea, off topic was not your bad, bro - that was a PayDay 2 caliber thread Hi-Jack there, unintentional I assure you.

As far as PR Admins going AWOL after getting their tags:  Sometimes she's just not so attractive anymore after you finally ... well, you know....  :whistle:

9 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Yea, off topic was not your bad, bro

As far as PR Admins going AWOL after getting their tags:  Sometimes she's just not so attractive anymore after you finally ... well, you know....  :whistle:

lol thats my point. im sure because of my language i mess things sometimes. thats what i meant exactly ... the time you became admin you lose the real taste of PR ;)  Thx god thats one of the reasons why i never wanted to play and do admins works at same time.

• Upvote 1

You usually become admin after already playing many hours on this server.

The more you play something, the more likely it is you get bored.

So more playtime = more likely to become admin = more likely to become bored and quit.

COOP games just can not provide the same level of variety as deployment.

I started playing this game on VG, and it was exciting to discover new aspects of the game.

But now i've seen most of it and play deployment more often.

• Upvote 2

Secretly I have been taking over the other admin's account and becoming a "super-admin" and now you have ruined my plan to be the only player in PR... More bots for  me to kill I guess.  All of this is a joke...

But on a serious note, the PR player base has declined more and more recently, and we have little trends where we get a full server again, but they happen rarely.  People are playing other games, people have event's that happen in life @=VG= Rotblut for instance just came back from a work trip and school/ university is starting up for a lot of people.  As you know, PR as a whole is getting older,  I mean the game started June 2004 for Project reality mod and has had multiple waves of people invading and joining ranks of people who wish to play this game, free for the consumer.  On a positive note, we still do get new players and the DEV team (Our coop DEV team in particular, @=VG= TEDF, @=VG= Melon Muncher, @=VG= Fastjack @=VG= Double_13) still fight for updates and fix issues that cause some frustrations.  We, as a gaming community still are going strong and I still learn new things about this game or teach someone something every round in our server.  It is a matter of meeting new people and increasing our bond with people who we have never met in real life or may never get a chance to do so.  

I, for one, still feel a strong connection to this community and it's members.  I have met some great people whom I consider to be best friends of mine and have never met.  I know about their personal life history, some great accomplishments, and been there to provide support in times where they are not having such a great life.  This is what a community is about.  We, as a whole are here to foster relationships and increase that association of what we share as a common thread.  Yes this will mean that people will disappear from time to time, but don't forget that you as a person have the ability to reach out and attempt to contact.  The wonderful thing that I have found as a success story for me is when I have not talked to someone in a long time, some even years I find that we were right where I left off.  I found a fellow gamer who disappeared for 2 years and he was surprised that I was still here, playing PR.   I hope you all will find people like this in your online expedition and enjoy what we have.

Long story short, PR is love, PR is life.  Keep up the great work all, send PM's to people who you have not seen in a while.  Reach out on STEAM, or other gaming platforms and try to connect and see what they are doing.  Maybe they did not know about the updates.  Maybe they forgot about PR.  Maybe they moved or just do not have internet.  Keep investigating, asking questions, and continue to build friendships that will last.  If all the above fail, @ranger_12, you can always find me here.  I will not let PR die, and even though the DEV team has taken away or modified some of the great reasons why I play this game (Cough, the combat engineer kit to repair a lot of the assets is no more.... :() I will still play.  

See you all on the battlefield,

m8

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

On 5/25/2018 at 3:25 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

And 105 every six months for IPS plus like 30 or so for theme..thx sem for the panel. 

• Upvote 1