Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Where did vg go?

cptn.wonderful

56 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

I know GDO is taking most of the Asian/Australian time zone players due to having better ping.

Not so all of them i guess, me myself while got online, VG comes at first (Aussie servers like more 300 ping for me, even though its close)

But i realized there's servers that has low ping ones, might be possible for few Asians, the Taiwan (Coop) and Japanese (Canned Catfood Gaming on both Deployment and Coop)

But, never know what's going on out there lately, so trying to catch-up/update..

There is still some players whether old/new seeding the server past few days as i saw, but they're also dead in some low pop situation (whether the boring maps, frequent crashing, violations etc.)

What can we say?  It's a 24 hours server, but the regular crowd isn't...

I keep an eye on the active PR players now and then, not just on our server, but on all servers -- people will always come and go, and play other games from time to time -- PR remains the go-to for squad based combined arms action whether it's COOP or Deployment, and the main servers are still maintaining high populations during peak hours.

An interesting thing to think about is what if people have been trained to enjoy PR in large groups, or at least several squad groups, making ANY low population PR Server an unattractive prospect when compared to other games they might own.  People might see "oh, my favorite server is off-peak right now, I'll play some other game instead for awhile"  instead of jumping in the low pop server and helping to seed it back to larger numbers, which could potentially bring in more people who also may still be deciding what to play that evening (PR or some other game).  Just a thought; I mean everyone takes breaks, I'm just coming back from a long one myself and trying to get back into these things.

Regardless of all of that, every server has it's off-hours, and GameTracker shows this one's peak times have been closer to day than evenings right now (talking same zones as you, USA times).  Here's hoping that Double_13's hard work will pay off in helping to re-popularize the COOP game mode, and fix so many frustrating bugs (and inept AI) ;)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 1:33 PM, Xenalite said:

Summer's always empty. People would rather go outside and play the real Project Reality. Very good graphics, but shit gameplay.

Dude,

I love that game, so realistic and addicting, but usually in here, i called it 'dishwashing' :P (satisfying and relieving stresses out from head)

But hey, that's what i do in real-life besides of studies :D

- Inch

• Upvote 1

On 17.5.2018 at 8:33 AM, Xenalite said:

People would rather go outside and play the real Project Reality. Very good graphics, but shit gameplay.

I am waiting for the next update. did not get that to work. ;P

but its not 4k...and everytime you hear "rtfm"...

26 minutes ago, =VG= keed said:

I think its time for a OPFOR event, right xD
That wil surely attract players and a lot of newbish regulars don't even know about this... Paging @=VG= TEDF

:bad:

I guess we could redo the Muttrah event from last year we didn't manage to finish. People seemed to like to bash the muricans as the Russians for a change.

• Upvote 1

Actually weird question. Is it also possible to host a PvP event on the servers? Like geographically, meaning  where you live? So say Eastern versus Western world which would mean I'd play with the East because I live there and play against say, everyone that lives in the western hemisphere? 

I'm fairly sure we have enough Russian, Polish, Asian players to go against the Americans, Germans and Brits. Perhaps even on a 40-40 type event. Say 4 maps. Something like that and recreating a defensive and later assualt situation? 

I'm just thinking aloud here.

7 hours ago, =Wolf= Jersans said:

I'm just thinking aloud here.

I thought I smelled something burning...  

A PvP Event like that might be difficult to arrange just because the timezones of the groups you suggested are nearly on opposites sides of the globe, separated by as much as 12 hours in some cases.  In addition to that, the population of "West of the Atlantic" is 1/3 that of the East, so balancing could be a major issue.  Not saying it couldn't be done, it just smacks of effort.