Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Should I be proud?

=VG= Nyther

I just happened to stumble upon this:
A 100% brazilian made submachine gun produced by a brazilian and used by brazilian

So far that I know Brazil is not great when it comes to producing weapons, it mostly import them and mod them like the STG rifle and the MD97 (FN FAL)* and the components used and the way they were put togheter seems really... cheap? Not bad for a wepond built in a shed by a single guys but still it was used by the military police here :/

*Edit: Aparently after some research there is some weapons made here in the century 21

The IMBEL IA2: A upgrage from the MD97 suposedly to replace the STG

The M964A1/PARA FAL... not much info on that else that is made from the  M964 wich havo no wiki page :/

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, =Wolf= Jersans said:

the German Sturmgewehr

I do not have much to do with real guns ... but is there really the "German Sturmgewehr"? I would have thought that this is simply the german word for submachinegun and was used in the second world war ...or iam wrong?

I ask just because in Germany you hear this word only in connection with the third reich.

4 minutes ago, 0100011000101 said:

I do not have much to do with real guns ... but is there really the "German Sturmgewehr"? I would have thought that this is simply the german word for submachinegun and was used in the second world war ...or iam wrong?

I ask just because in Germany you hear this word only in connection with the third reich.

It's not and yes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44

It looks like a MP40, M3 Grease Gun and a PPSH sub-machine gun combined :)

What's the fate on this gun? Is it still used by the Brazillian military or police? Hope they're not the same as like my country SMG's does ( PM2, a local produced SMG that intended to issue for Armed Forces/Police, but they only issued  this for Forest Guards instead :( )

- Inch

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, InchPincherToo said:

It looks like a MP40, M3 Grease Gun and a PPSH sub-machine gun combined :)

What's the fate on this gun? Is it still used by the Brazillian military or police? Hope they're not the same as like my country SMG's does ( PM2, a local produced SMG that intended to issue for Armed Forces/Police, but they only issued  this for Forest Guards instead :( )

- Inch

LOL :) Forest guards. I had to laugh! 

3 hours ago, =Wolf= Jersans said:

LOL :) Forest guards. I had to laugh! 

Well Jersans, when soldiers are dying in the fight to protect the rain forest of the Amazon against illegal loggers whose only objective is to reduce the forest to ashes for money, maybe is better show a little more respect for  all them and the hard work that they are doing for us and the mother nature.

My two cents.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =VG= Martin said:

Well Jersans, when soldiers are dying in the fight to protect the rain forest of the Amazon against illegal loggers whose only objective is to reduce the forest to ashes for money, maybe is better show a little more respect for  all them and the hard work that they are doing for us and the mother nature.

My two cents.

So.. they prevent people from getting wood?

...Sorry I couldn't stop myself. :D

Obviously you are not getting the point of my comment. A real war is taking place in the Amazon jungle and it seems that the great crowd is not taking care about.

It's ok. It is just a matter of a couple of trees and a little amount of animals... you know, there are not much stuff in the Amazon to care about.

11 hours ago, InchPincherToo said:

That question is better explained with one of the top comments of the video, made by a guy called João Sérgio:

Even in its extreme simplicity, this gun seems like a swiss watch compared to some things that are produced today in Brazil. Thanks Ian, for shining some light in this project. This gun seem so forgotten that it probably remains in obscurity even for brazilians. I was thinking that my father could have been issued or at least have handled one of these, since he served in the military and was a police officer right in the production time of this gun. But, after a short search, I discovered the reason for this gun's obscurity, it has a pretty hazy and infamous history. The military apparently rejected this gun some time after its adoption, for considering it unsafe and also because they wanted it to have a slower rate of fire. Seems that Olympio was an ex-military engineer and was producing this gun in a small shed under the name of "Mekanika Indústria e Comércio" in exclusivity for the military, and was hoping to get more law enforcement contracts in the future. Sadly, after the military rejected the gun, his company went in bankruptcy in 1984 and Olympio died shortly after it, in 1986. This is the part were the history gets really confusing. Apparently, the production numbers of this gun were something around 8.000, but the military only acquired 850 and the rest of the production was stored under the custody of a major gun company called Imbel. Somehow, a large number of this guns (more than 2.000) have then broke into the black market and ended up in the hands of criminals, becoming especially known for being used by bank robbers and other gang criminals. Apparently, the extremely simple project of the gun became sort of a template and inspiration for inumerous clandestine manufacturers of criminal guns since then, with the police having seized various guns and gun projects in different calibers with basis in the Uru. A pretty unfortunate story for an otherwise promising gun.

Today we have IMBEL making guns for us, modded versions of the FN FAL and the STG, the rest is just imported weaponry: MP5, M416, M3 Shotguns...

• Upvote 1

This isn't a war, it's a moider!

fzm1.jpg

fzm2.jpg

fzm3.jpg
When will the killing end?!

Geez, Martin... take it down a notch.  I highly doubt Jersans meant any disrespect to the real world troubles going on regarding this gun, and the actual real people in the Forest Guard, or their plight missing the spotlight of the mainstream media and the bleeding hearts.  Let's not damn him to hell for finding a foreign concept humorous.  I bet there are a number of specific specialized protection forces around the world that would make any one of us laugh briefly without meaning to disrespect the actual troubles going in their neck of the woods.

Yes, real people in the armed forces fight and die everyday all over the world.  Not all of it is widely known for simple lack of coverage.  All of this is very dark.  When people make jokes or find humor in something, it just means they are trying to lighten it up a bit.  This world can use humor and light.

Have a look at these soldiers behaving very soldierly and serious in these very real, very ridiculous traditional uniforms, and try not to find humor in this dark world full of secret wars and unknown soldiers:

• Upvote 1

The soldiers on the Amazon Forest fight against illegal coal producers, hunters and clandestine planes trying to cross the borders... also people that grow weed

Getting a lil bit of wood is not illegal but deforesting enough land as 24 football fields is a crime.

Plus illegal hunters catching endager species to sell to the black market.

The Amazon Forest is our biggest treasure, houses one of the biggest river in the world. If Brazil gets in a war with other southern countries like Argentina, Uruguai and etc... we could cut their water supply by just blocking the river

If the world gets a shortage of fresh water Brazil is probably gonna be the number one target because of the river :/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nyther the Komrade Dog said:

The Amazon Forest is our biggest treasure, houses one of the biggest river in the world. If Brazil gets in a war with other southern countries like Argentina, Uruguai and etc... we could cut their water supply by just blocking the river

But Amazon is not even going through any of those countries, none at all actually.. Maby you got it confused with Parana river. But even then, you would never be able to cut it off, due to too many tributaries of Parana, many of which are not even in Brazil. It is nowhere close to situation of such rivers like Nile, where Ethiopia actually posseses 80% of river's water sources and of which Egypt is completely dependent on.

• Upvote 1

Let's just say all countries in the equatorial lines are the treasure on this earth, like the Borneo for example (illegal logging and some wild huntings still exists, and also explains why Forest Guards exist as well)

What kind of thing that those Forest Guards being issued here at my country are these below:

SKPK.jpeg

Seems legit gun? A 9x19mm standard NATO, and also likely replacing the early PM1 ( copy of Beretta M12, it was a failure for adoption in service ) for the Forest Guards. But, still... it was produced until now, and never adopted by the Armed Forces or even the Police...

Originally it was like this:

pm2.jpeg

PM2-V22.jpeg

Late-version of PM-2 with integrated silencer inspired from S. Korean Daewoo K5 SMG and also HK MP5's and collapsible stock

All looks decent until this came out:

IMG_20160613_094231.jpeg

Inspired by HK MP5, this one is potentially can be the success to adopt for Armed Forces/Police. Has a battle iron sights as standard issue and Mepro's M21 RDS

I'm always having a respect and appreciating to what the local company did there, it is good to see that things are moving and developing as it should be, so they can compete not just inside, but also in the worldwide sales as well (on exporting, seeing  interests out there in some countries)

- Inch

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Spartanish said:

But Amazon is not even going through any of those countries, none at all actually.. Maby you got it confused with Parana river. But even then, you would never be able to cut it off, due to too many tributaries of Parana, many of which are not even in Brazil. It is nowhere close to situation of such rivers like Nile, where Ethiopia actually posseses 80% of river's water sources and of which Egypt is completely dependent on.

What I mean is the Amazon River start inside Brazil and it mostly runs west so as the joke here says, if you gonna pee on it pee on the west side XD

On 4/28/2018 at 0:11 PM, =VG= Martin said:

My two cents.

Well Martin I don't see what prompted you to even bother commenting. I was clearly viewing it as humorous that a forest guard (in Dutch 'boswachter') 

would be armed in Indonesia (which is nowhere near the Amazon btw) with a submachine gun, a dark humor, perhaps, because evidently Indonesia has issues with poachers, deforestation etc. 

But the giggle was obviously to most I would hope about a 'western' 'boswachter' and them being issued with submachine guns the army doesn't want - albeit I have since learned some Kopassa special forces do use them. 

I guess what I want to say is lighten-up dude. If you need clarification about intention, just ask. Don't jump to conclusions you cannot possibly justify. 

Peace man...

q boswachter 2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh and Martin. In case you're wondering I do find your rant about the Amazon inappropriate as you live in the Canary Islands - a place devastated by humans - when someone from Brazil is informing us on a home-grown submachine gun and someone from Indonesia is commenting about their own home-grown submachine gun in Indonesia that is apperantly only issued to Forest Guards. And then someone (me) finding that quite funny. What even possessed you to comment? And so incorrectly?  It's totally off-topic and useless and moreover based on simplistic assumptions. I mean come on. Then just say something about Spanish weapons. 

Peace man...