Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Updates 1.5.4.1 - 1.5.4.4

=VG= SemlerPDX

No, it was not.

So, I've been checking the website here today several times, as I've been trying to get back into all of this, and the only hint that another quick patch update was slipped in was a small reply to this 1.5.4.1 update thread that has been used for bug reporting in 1.5.4.1

Not saying anything, but if I am, it's that the server could have been updated almost immediately if just ONE person would have taken the time to write that there was an update in the chat, or via a new post with 1.5.4.2 in the name, or literally anywhere more visible than a one-liner in a thread about a previous patch, or BETTER YET send a PM to me, one of only 2 guys here that can update the server (the other being Melon).  I check the PR Server Admin forums once a day, I feel that's enough, and the official PM from them simply happened after my check.

Many of you are dedicated regulars, PR Admins, or =VG= Clan Members .... take the initiative next time this happens to actively contact either myself, Melon, or both of us.  We will not mind being "bothered", and you won't annoy us if we get more than one message from more than one person.  Reports of our omniscience are a little bit exaggerated... just a little, tho :blind:

Then you won't have to wait for 15 hours for a simple 2 minute incremental patch update.  Was helping my elderly mother in her garden today, and checking the website frequently.  I would have welcomed a short break.  Just sayin.

Server Updated to 1.5.4.2

• Upvote 2

ok, then you get a pm in the future ... I just did not want to build pressure, so I did not ask further.

but it was not that bad, the only server that was online has mutated to a vg-server. 90% of the players were usually always on the vg server ... interesting to see how the quality of the other server lifts up if vg is not online^^

Anyway, thanks for updating.

• Upvote 1

Other servers have the problem that they have no admins online to remove the disruptive players. Besides that most of those servers are quite good. I like the 80bot hax server cus they seem to be running modified AI scripts and more bots less people. 

The only problems VG has is the slow update time (yes I said it) 

And the too many players VS bots. A ratio of 30 humans vs 60 bots will be much better. (This is why 80bot hax server is much much better in AI resistance) 

10 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

The only problems VG has is the slow update time (yes I said it) 

Only reason for slow update times is lack of notice from you guys who regularly play on the server = y'all are the problem (yes I said it)

• Upvote 1

m823us has my phone number, if you need to get a message to me in urgency, contact m823us and he will contact me as appropriate, and yes, this would apply to incremental updates that cause the server to empty due to lack of an update.
He is in the East Coast Portland, I am in the West Coast Portland, three hours difference FYI

There is no consistent release time on the days that updates are released, of course some updates come out at pre-dawn times in USA - it's a great big world out there, isn't it?
In the past, they have come out anywhere between 1am - 1pm in my time zone.

VG runs a modified setup for the PR COOP that involves several config files, it is not always a one-click update like yesterday's incremental patch.  When people do not use the systems in-place that I designed to exchange between default version levels and test versions, unnecessary complications result in increased update procedure times, and a larger work load on the person updating.

People can make as many snarky and sarcastic comments as they wish, but it won't change a thing unless people take some proper initiative and notify the server admins as I stated above.

Sareema (spelling?) removed from the maplist after reports of crashing clients.  Server had emptied completely. I believe it was 64 layer, can check logs.  Should test with active admins before letting it run all night with that map in the rotation as I think the 32 layer was not to blame.  Just removed them both for the evening.

You're all officially conscripted as play testers.   Note any bugs, any CTD maps, and anything odd for Double_13 so he can focus on his work.  Make a list and note things as you play, and paste it here during downtime.  

Saareemaa will remain off the list until it's fixed.

31 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

You know my teacher always said " an image says more then a 1000 words"

I always tell the students they should not take too many pictures because otherwise they lose the eye for the essential ^ ^

32 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

However I do like images cus whats the right tunnel? 

this is the tunnel that runs parallel to the left. ; P

since I was not in a chopper I can not give you a real picture. i should have written the reference "north" maybe;)

if you are coming from north city and direction "Russian VCP" go the right tunnel. just before the end on the left side is probably one of those red doors ... but here is a hole where you bounce off.

;) but to satisfy your desire for pictures:

screen100.jpgscreen099.jpg

not passable on both sides.

• Upvote 1

Meh I’ll look at it tomorrow thanks for the report

the best joke I did on the teacher was “hand in on paper” I got an email the next day saying that taping the USB drive on a piece of paper (written “submitted on paper”) is not wat he meant but he was happy with the free USB drive (he did accepted it) 

no hurry from me ...

22 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

the best joke I did on the teacher was “hand in on paper” I got an email the next day saying that taping the USB drive on a piece of paper (written “submitted on paper”) is not wat he meant but he was happy with the free USB drive (he did accepted it) 

lol, such announcements are easily misleading ^ ^

I still have a few pics of flying stones to offer ... Unfortunately, I dont know map and standpoint ...I guess there is then little interest?^^

Testing on local and only four maps cause CTD on all layers:

• Fallujah. ( Worked fine on local after 1.5.4.2, not tested on server)
  • Karbala.
  • Saaremaa.
  • The Falklands.

Two more have different issues that only seemed to of happened on VG server

• Assault on Grozny - Stuck on dead screen.
  • Silent Eagle - Gets to "verifying client data" stage and server crashes.

• Upvote 2