Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Need help, PC died.

Jersans

9 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Well I was actually thinking of installing windows server on my new computer as my computer also runs server features at the same time. 

Windows 10 also the main reason I did not get a new computer. Yes you have access to the new direct X versions and better support for top end video cards but still windows 10.

if edge/cortana/new shitty start menu/ appstore could all be removed then maybe I would update.

Yea, you can get your Windows 10 to behave and look like Windows 7.  Edge is simple to disable, Cortana is simple to neuter, the shitty Windows 10 calculator can be removed and the Windows 7 calc installed, and you can get rid of the shitty start menu, too.

Only the last part is not covered in my article on the subject, I'll add it in somewhere... How to get the Win7 Start Menu back with Classic Shell  (freeware - a well designed one without bs).

Also, to hell with default Windows 10 search - another freeware with no strings attached, Everything by voidtools is the way to go - instant file searches, no bs, includes all attached storage devices (and not just the C: drive like Win10)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Well I was actually thinking of installing windows server on my new computer as my computer also runs server features at the same time. 

Windows 10 also the main reason I did not get a new computer. Yes you have access to the new direct X versions and better support for top end video cards but still windows 10.

if edge/cortana/new shitty start menu/ appstore could all be removed then maybe I would update.

Well if you don't mind about legality, you can always get LTSB from the high seas...

• Upvote 2

I mean I'm not complaining if it works but COME ON!

Anyhoo. 

On 5/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, chickenjason123 said:

Well if you don't mind about legality, you can always get LTSB from the high seas...

I've been looking into that. So effectively you need a 'code' so any IT managers with spare codes? I have 3 hard-drives waiting for an install that works. 

1 hour ago, =Wolf= Jersans said:

I mean I'm not complaining if it works but COME ON!

Anyhoo. 

I've been looking into that. So effectively you need a 'code' so any IT managers with spare codes? I have 3 hard-drives waiting for an install that works. 

Something something My Analog Life Forums something something Toolkit