Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

COOP Campaign Battle III

TEDF

COOP Campaign Live Battle III

17th March 2018

1900 PRT

Download

Password : potato

Operation Silver Anvil

1.  MEC Assets : 

10 x BRDM 2 Support

2 x Boragh 

6 x ammo techie

4 x Transport van

2 x Logistics truck

kpER4fO.jpg

APC squad:

1. Boragh  Gunner - Spartanish

2. Boragh Driver - =VG= Double13

3. Boragh Gunner

4. Boragh Driver

Logistic squad:

1. Squad Leader

2. Assistant/LAT

3. Assistent/Medic

4. Ammo bitch

#######################################

Operation Gothic Serpent

2. MEC Assets :

12 x BRDM Support :crazy::crazy:

6 x Ammo Techie

4 x Transport van

1 x Beast

2 x MTLB Dshk

2 x Logistics truck

2 x 50.cal Techie

2 x DsHk techie

FTX0TQF.jpg

APC squad:

1. Beast Gunner - Spartanish

2. Beast Driver - =VG= Double13

3. MTLB Gunner

4. MTLB Driver

5. MTLB Gunner

6. MTLB Driver

Logistic squad:

1. Squad Leader

2. Assistant/LAT

3. Assistent/Medic

4. Ammo bitch

• Upvote 4

• TEDF unlocked this topic

Ok, looks like we are in for a fight!

I made some changes on a operational basis after processing the feedback from the last LIVE battle. Here are some changes we will implement:

• Sign-up-only squads:
    • Logisitcs
    • APC/IFV (Boragh, Beast and MTLB)
  • INF squads will be issued support vehicles (anything with ammo cases NOT small crates or big boxes. For this battle every INF squad will receive a Support BRDM or Support Techie. It is up to the squad leader to micro manage ammo runs, much like in normal COOP. Logistic squad will handle FOB construction.
  • INF squads are required to assign one permanent Light Anti Tank rifleman (LAT guy).

Main post has been updated. If you want a specific change feel free to write a comment!

• Upvote 3

Will there be sign-up limitations per INF SQD for the most effectiveness? When I look at the maps I see we need at least 3 full INF squads to defend (Operation Gothic Serpent). But for the assault map (Operation Silver Anvil) it's probably better to limit to 5-man squads for easier mobility and risk-management. Assault-Secure-Defend-Assault etc. Unless I'm reading the maps wrong. What do you think? 

Anyhoo I'm signing up with Kav's infantry SQD (if that's okay Kav?) and if needed I can run a seperate fire-team or SQD.

Good question would be what is the max amount of people we can have on the human side. 

Based on that number we can adding the squad population number. And potential signups for INF squads can be arranged.

With the amount of squads known we can draw a basic deployment plan who goes where. To avoid the confusion of last time.

question for ted can the vehicle decay be disabled on the event. So that we can hop out our sparking APC without it getting blown up by a 300m RPG. 

And do we get repair/rearm depo? 

Well I meant to balance the squads. 

Last round we had, I believe, Double and Hater with two full squads and Kav and my 'squad' had to merge at the last minute to be effective. Good fun but quite chaotic. Therefore I think it's best to have smaller more agile teams for assault and secure and larger solid teams to defend with the APC and logistics for support. I'm not even sure if that makes sense but I just want to throw it out there and see what you guys think. 

For example Operation Gothic Serpent: If I'm correct we have roughly 35 players maximum that can play, in this case (for example) 3x8 members is already 24 people add 6xAPC and 4xLOGI + 1xCO and you're at 35 people. We could possibly add a spotting/sniper team with the CO and that's the defending map if we get roughly 35 players. 

I don't know. What you guys think?

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

And do we get repair/rearm depo? 

Looking at the amount of logistic vehicles I'm gonna guess no. That's why I assume the logistics squad is probably the most important squad. 

Come to think of it, I might sign up as SL for the logistics squad unless we can find a better candidate.

• Upvote 1

Max human count on the server will be 30 with 2 of those slots being reserved for gamemaster and HCO.

You will have a rep station in main. 

Vehicle decay wont be changed unless I manage to figure out how to get it to work. Undamaged vehicles wont despawn.

camping on hills with assets (vehicles , fobs etc) is forbidden.

All fobs and non offensive deployables must be dug

I'll post full info and rules when I get back home.

• Upvote 2

@=VG= Double_13 I arranged a candle light dinner in a metal coffin on both maps for u two <3 We'll going to have to talk about a few things before ;)

@=Wolf= Jersans I agree smaller squads = more effective. I find the sweet spot is 5 members. Because you will be able to cover all necessary roles while reducing the herding aspect. Problem is to implement this we would have to make all battles Sign-Up only, which is not the case. Background for this is reducing overhead for battle planning and making it easier for peeps to join on the fly.

• Upvote 1

Well I would suggest you just create the number of squads you wish along with the slots

Squad A

SL: keed

grunt 1:

grunt 2:

grunt 3:

grunt 4:

and let people pick based on that. (The same as the arma squad selection) 

it would help in making the squads more balanced rather then having 2 8 man squads and some leftovers 

On 3/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, =VG= keed said:

@=VG= Double_13 I arranged a candle light dinner in a metal coffin on both maps for u two <3 We'll going to have to talk about a few things before ;)

@=Wolf= Jersans I agree smaller squads = more effective. I find the sweet spot is 5 members. Because you will be able to cover all necessary roles while reducing the herding aspect. Problem is to implement this we would have to make all battles Sign-Up only, which is not the case. Background for this is reducing overhead for battle planning and making it easier for peeps to join on the fly.

My point exactly. I don't mind, I will enjoy playing with any squad leader or run a squad, doesn't matter as long as we're balanced to win these maps and try to avoid last moment improvising trying to save what can be saved. 

I think we can try to avoid this by having a framework. Like i.e. having squad leaders sign up and we can assign grunts on the day. Everybody happy right? Or am I missing the point? 

Everybody can join and make squads. To join the event they would have to check this thread anyway. Only essential (read: expensive) squads are sign up only. (APC IFV TANK LOGI CAS TRANS).

However feel free to form squads beforehand like last time. We will make a battleplan during the staging phase.

• Upvote 1