sandstorm

Waiting to fly

8 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Nice. Well if he needs a headtracking system let me know and I can get a discount code for him..

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

tflighthotas4.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

I use the HOTAS X, basically the same stick, with mouselook and a separate program called joy2key to map the lever on the back of the throttle to the airbrake. Keyfile is attached (BMS - Basicnew.key).

In this image (template from a forum somewhere), the first command for each button is in the normal state, the second command is used by holding the pinky switch on the back of the throttle. I also overrode some of the default keys (numpad is ICP, Enter and . work to enter and delete data, + and -  for data up and down, spacebar activates the maintenance light when battery is on)

The only thing I don't have on here are toe brakes and landing gear (I use racing wheel pedals for differential braking, and I've had one too many incidents accidentally lowering gear at speed), but this should keep him on the stick 99% of the time and not having to reach for the keyboard.

hotas x.png

BMS - Basicnew.key

• Upvote 2

Seems this thread is a bit old, but it seems more proper to post here than to make a new one. Anyways, I would love to fly with some actual humans this weekend, though I've never done so before. There's got to be a first for everything, though.

Daniel and myself are flying BMS this coming Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I'm in South Australia so we're hoping to meet up from 9:00 ZULU and fly a few sorties.

Its been 3 months since I last flew BMS so I'll be a little rusty. :P

If you want to join us meet up in TS this Saturday 28th.

• Upvote 2