Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Waiting to fly

sandstorm

8 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Nice. Well if he needs a headtracking system let me know and I can get a discount code for him..

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

tflighthotas4.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

I use the HOTAS X, basically the same stick, with mouselook and a separate program called joy2key to map the lever on the back of the throttle to the airbrake. Keyfile is attached (BMS - Basicnew.key).

In this image (template from a forum somewhere), the first command for each button is in the normal state, the second command is used by holding the pinky switch on the back of the throttle. I also overrode some of the default keys (numpad is ICP, Enter and . work to enter and delete data, + and -  for data up and down, spacebar activates the maintenance light when battery is on)

The only thing I don't have on here are toe brakes and landing gear (I use racing wheel pedals for differential braking, and I've had one too many incidents accidentally lowering gear at speed), but this should keep him on the stick 99% of the time and not having to reach for the keyboard.

hotas x.png

BMS - Basicnew.key

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Daniel and myself are flying BMS this coming Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I'm in South Australia so we're hoping to meet up from 9:00 ZULU and fly a few sorties.

Its been 3 months since I last flew BMS so I'll be a little rusty. :P

If you want to join us meet up in TS this Saturday 28th.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

I'm just getting 4.34 installed, and trying to get my Helios working again.  A monitor got changed, and I kinda forgot how to config this so I have to relearn it.

Side topic:  Can we try to use the ZULU Clock on the front page instead of regional specifics like BST? (which is UTC/ZULU +1)

The ZULU Clock on the home page is UTC and easy to get your own conversion for you (coincidentally, I see 20:00:17 right now and my Windows PC clock says 13:00, an easy 7 hour difference).  If I wanted to say I'm going to be available to fly at around 19:00 here, I just add 7 to that and say to everyone in a post:  "I'll be flying online at 02:00 ZULU if anyone would like to join"

I added that ZULU Clock so we can more easily share our time without anyone worrying about international datelines, like for our Aussie friends and such, as it's just a matter of what that ZULU clock says and what your own watch or clock says, and the difference.  When we get to dates far in the future, and international dateline issues arise, I've rigged our Calendar to display dates in our own personal time zone(s), so anyone looking at it will see the actual date and time the event will happen for them.

@=VG= SemlerPDX, Roger that. Will use UTC form now on. 

Had a great game with Noodle this evening. One OCA strike that went well , then a Sweep , but I accidentally shot him down , not sure what happened as AWACS called it as Bandit and no Buddy spike. So sorry noodle. Hope more people can join in. I will be on most nights @ 19:30Z 

Thanks man!
Bad luck on the friendly fire.  BMS isn't perfect, then again, a review of the ACMI if you have it might shed some light on what went down.  I'll catch you online sometime and get in a flight, it's been awhile.

I'm gonna do my "retraining" and getting familiar with BMS again in 4.33 just until the YAME64 update comes out for BMS 4.34 -- I never knew how much I relied on just one external monitor for my MFD's until I tried an Instant Action today without it. I'll be around and hang out, and can even host a flight (in 4.33) so hopefully people who fly BMS still have old version(s) installed.  I have 3 versions of BMS all working great, 4.32 -- 4.33.5 -- and 4.34.0 now.  I had some pretty sweet frame rates near a 100FPS, too, so if it's that high in Instant Action, I hope it remains pretty high in a busy campaign online.

I see 08:15:30 ZULU and its 5:45pm here in Adelaide, South Australia. I also have my two other clocks configured in windows that give me the ZULU time, and the VG server time which is two hours ahead at 10:15:30. I use that to hook up with people online.

I've installed BMS4.34 and now have to modify my warthog throttle/stick settings for this latest version because it doesn't work anymore which gives me the shits!

I've gone back to the full BMS keyfile and will modify it to map my rig, that's going to take some time but this time I'm documenting how I do it for the next time this happens. Part of the fun I guess.

Sem hurry up with that goddamn trackIR wireless mod, I'm eyeballing your handiwork, looks good so far!

• Upvote 1

No worries Sandstorm, my bad was that I chose to get into that furball with clearly too many hostile in the area while I cleared you to next steerpoint and then asked you back for support, silly of me as we should have stayed within visual range to support each others.

Regarding the buddy spike, I did not hear any hard lock warning from my RWR, just the slammer going active and within about 20miles I think, it was way too late for me, specially as you shot another sidewinder :bye: ha ha.

We'll take that into account for next time. I haven't reviewed the tape yet but will do that today.

It was fun flying with you, I'll definitely be back, maybe tonight after my VFS flight, probably around 2030 ZULU

Yeh but it's a good learning excercise. You mentioned an IFF ON switch for HOTAS is that the IFF  to UFC or is there is that something else with a  specific key binding ? If so what would that be and what difference does that make as I had IFF showing.

I will try to be on most nights , are you on Discord. There is a VG discord channel and I can post on that if I am gonna be late, have a 5 Month old baby so she keeps us busy.