Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

The server takes too long to respond

Daitar

Hi, I have configured the flight simulator following your instructions and entering the parameters indicated. Unfortunately I can not connect, it tells me that the server takes too long to respond. I opened the doors in my router and checked that my game version is correct. I connect from Italy and I have a very high-performance connection. Some advice? Thank you

I was just able to get in okay, so I assume it is something on your end blocking the connection.  Just an assumption, for troubleshooting.  One thing you can try (but switch it back afterwards) is to put your router and your PC's IP into a DMZ for testing.  Try to connect, and if it succeeds, it's a clear indicator that it's the modem/router blocking the connection.

Making sure Windows is allowing the service through is also important, of course.  I'd double check that, too.  Lastly, you can try a trace route to some server in Kansas - if NCKAS is available, use that.  See what it says.

I wish I could help more, I'd suggest to keep trying, keep googling the problem, maybe even talk to your ISP.  :hi:

• Upvote 1

That's not too bad considering it's a server over five thousand miles away - 171ms is a bit high, but that's not a game breaker AFAIK.

If I were you, I would try to find a closer BMS server (maybe something in Italy) to test connection with.  If you can connect to something in your region, or your own country, we can begin to tell if it is the ping to Kansas USA or if it is a local problem with your internet or computer settings.

Arty's List of Virtual Fighter Wings and Squadrons

Not saying you didn't use a legit copy but I do know that several people had trouble installing and connecting because they used a pirated copy of Falcon 4.0

There's no excuse when the price for this old program is still only around US$6.00. Make that US$4.19, its on special till 13 Feb.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429530/Falcon_40/

I also had trouble connecting after I fiddled with the IVC server connections (dont ask), in the end the only solution was to remove the game and do a total -re-install. Worked first time every time! :P

• Upvote 3

There has been an Italian using the server recently with no issue that i know of. Pilot name Mayber23

Once in a while i also get problems connecting but for me 2 or 3 more attempts gets past the issue.  There is a small tool that checks the specific ports bms requires to be forwarded if you have any doubts about your situation. You can probably do the same thing via portforward.com facilities.

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, CobaltUK said:

C'è stato un italiano che utilizza il server di recente senza alcun problema che io conosca. Nome pilota Mayber23

Di tanto in tanto ho anche problemi di connessione, ma per me 2 o 3 tentativi in più superano il problema. C'è un piccolo strumento che controlla le porte specifiche che bms richiede di essere inoltrato se hai qualche dubbio sulla tua situazione. Probabilmente puoi fare la stessa cosa attraverso le strutture di portforward.com.

Ok  thanks!