Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Welcome to Join Us!

Trader

I haven't seen a lot of activity from VG players, but my buddy Trilogy and I have been playing on the VG server the last day or two and plan on sticking around for more. We normally play anytime from 2:30pm EST to 10:00pm EST almost daily and would love to turn our 2 ship into a 4 ship. We'll meet you in the VG TS to form up. 

• Upvote 5

We're still growing our player base, and there are so far only a handful of =VG= members that have followed us on this Falcon journey.  I'm so impressed with the number of new players, but this simulator isn't for everyone.  If anyone is interested in BMS and would like some help getting into this, post up and we'd be glad to help you get started!  Thank you for hanging with us, Trader!  Most BMS pilots seem to join some rather strict realism squadrons, but VG is focusing on a casual public server with a cooperative "come as you are" atmosphere.  I really appreciate all the help spreading the word, and I will be back to flying with you all myself before too long.

Thanks to everyone who's been helping promote the VG BMS Server!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Trader said:

I haven't seen a lot of activity from VG players, but my buddy Trilogy and I have been playing on the VG server the last day or two and plan on sticking around for more. We normally play anytime from 2:30pm EST to 10:00pm EST almost daily and would love to turn our 2 ship into a 4 ship. We'll meet you in the VG TS to form up. 

I should be able to hook up with you guys some time, Daniel and Sandstorm might be able to join, depends on what time zone you guys fly. We go by ZULU time which is on the front of Veterans so work it out from there. I'm usually available 15:00 ZULU most Mondays, Tuesdays and the alternate Thursday.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, VODKA Jersans said:

Oh. I'm interested and fascinated. But since I can't even land (or properly fly) a Huey on PR I'm gonna say this is way out of my league. I'm pretty sure I can't even close the canopy let alone take off. 

There's never been a better time to learn BMS, we have several players willing to teach you the ropes that everyone has to go through. It takes time and a bit of patience, its a full on sim and not a easy game to pick up like PR.

• Upvote 3

We saw Sandstorm for a brief time today. Do you guys ever get in the VG BMS room to form up before jumping in the sim? Trilogy and I have been doing that. We typically start flying around 19:30 GMT time (2:30pm EST).  Vodka, BMS is a the epitome of a study sim, which means you have to study it to even begin to have a clue. I've ready/studied the manual, the training manual, the -1 and -34 sub manuals, which are probably close to 700-1000 pages of reading! Some people have the time and like to figure complex stuff out, others like to jump in and play. Not saying either is right, but you simply can't do the latter in BMS.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trader said:

We saw Sandstorm for a brief time today. Do you guys ever get in the VG BMS room to form up before jumping in the sim? Trilogy and I have been doing that. We typically start flying around 19:30 GMT time (2:30pm EST).  V

At that time I'd probably only have 1.5 hours time to fly a mission if you guys were on earlier we'd have more time. I used to sit in TS while I was online but don't anymore because it adds another program that can crash my game, so I now log into the VG server and chat in the lobby (F1), or on VHF preset 1 if I'm already in a cockpit.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

There's never been a better time to learn BMS, we have several players willing to teach you the ropes that everyone has to go through. It takes time and a bit of patience, its a full on sim and not a easy game to pick up like PR.

Well here's a twist. My wife said she can. She probably won't pull through and if she does I need to buy some joystick stuff right?

PS. Basically she saw your vids and went yeah I can do that.

• Upvote 1

Man if your wife is serious, you are gonna be working your ass off to pay for this expensive HOTAS Warthog Joystick & Throttle rig that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-2960720-Hotas-Warthog-Flight/dp/B00371R8P4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517982902&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+hotas+warthog

• Upvote 1

Yea, or you can compromise and use something like a more affordable HOTAS, even the X52 like I use - even CH Products has some affordable stuff (and sure, it's not made out of stamped metal like the $500 ones, but still functional).

It is a journey that requires a desire to keep trying, to remember stuff like custom button arrangements on joysticks and controllers, and all the stuff we click around the cockpit with the mouse.  That said, it's very worth it because it's very realistic, and equally unforgiving.  Give the sim a try with a few ground procedures on a mouse and keyboard a bit before investing in anything too expensive, but spend your money wisely.  It's only a few bucks to buy the base game, the mod is free, and you can check it out as is just to see if clicking around the cockpit and finding a way to look around that you like is your kind of game.  We totally want more players!! Just don't spend too much before you know if it's your flavor (or your wife's, rather!) ;)  If it is, it can become a very involved hobby well worth spending a fair bit of money on like all good hobbies.

• Upvote 1

Regarding HOTAS setups, I had a CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals set up for years. However, I had my eye on the Warthog, but shied away at the price. I caught a sale on Amazon for $339 and couldn't resist. OMG, what a difference! I used to have trouble air to air refueling (still not easy), but the first time I flew with the Warthog I connected and got a full load the first time! If you find out you love BMS, save your money and get the Warthog, I promise you won't regret it!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Man if your wife is serious, you are gonna be working your ass off to pay for this expensive HOTAS Warthog Joystick & Throttle rig that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-2960720-Hotas-Warthog-Flight/dp/B00371R8P4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517982902&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+hotas+warthog

Whoooooffff that shit ain't cheap. I'm pretty sure now she'll back out.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Trader said:

Regarding HOTAS setups, I had a CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals set up for years. However, I had my eye on the Warthog, but shied away at the price. I caught a sale on Amazon for $339 and couldn't resist. OMG, what a difference! I used to have trouble air to air refueling (still not easy), but the first time I flew with the Warthog I connected and got a full load the first time! If you find out you love BMS, save your money and get the Warthog, I promise you won't regret it!

Welcome to the Warthog Club bro, it is indeed an amazing rig to fly with.

thrstmstr_b00419zuxs-logo.jpg

2 hours ago, VODKA Jersans said:

Whoooooffff that shit ain't cheap. I'm pretty sure now she'll back out.

Damn straight it ain't cheap, that translates to roughly $800.00 in Australian currency!

I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick when I fly in Project Reality, its a lot more nimble to use and you don't require all the extra buttons and switches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009OY9U/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Upvote 1

Hi Trader Et al. 

I am on most nights from 20:00 UTC and would love to get a 4+ship on the go. Feel we need to start clearing the skies and striking some airbases. By the way I have a Thrustmaster t16 and the TWCS. Well priced and great for BMS.

Also I just started a post called "Waiting to Fly" , we can use that when we are in BMS looking for others. Just make sure you follow the post so you get notified.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H6KXGDY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518434143&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=thrustmaster+t16000+twcs&dpPl=1&dpID=51LmMSCy-tL&ref=plSrch

• Upvote 1