Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Server Issue

Trader

This can happen when a certain airbase gets bombed out by OPFOR.  I have investigated and verified that airbase has been repaired back to over 50%, and I tried to frag a flight from 120th at Seosan.... the flight fragged just fine, found myself on the tarmac for a RAMP start, and exited the sim.  I'm going to assume we're in the clear now.  It's rare, but this shit does happen - usually takes a short while for the AI to repair the base, but in the event it doesn't get fixed, it's good to let us know so we can mark the time/date in case we have to revert the save file several hours or more.

Seems the trouble is over for now, please try again and report any successes or failures.  

• Upvote 1

Its very important to check airbase status before spending time fraging a flight. Very frustrating to realise only when you get dumped back to mission screen.  Day 1 or 2 as it would have been for you is exactly when most strikes against our bases are happening. Even the tanker base in Japan gets struck in the 1st several days.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CobaltUK said:

Divert to Osan/Kunsan :)    That reminds me i still meet people on server who think they HAVE to use 120th which of course is not the case.

Good point - I will examine the wording on our posts and notices, and edit them as appropriate to help clarify the options.  Seosan is merely our "Humans Only" airbase so as to accommodate plenty of players without traffic patterns, etc. being clogged up by excess AI flights.

53 minutes ago, CobaltUK said:

VERY strange is I am not seeing same base status as client that i do when in srver mode.  Sempler ?

that is new, and I've never seen that before... I would hate to have to restart the campaign again, but if problems persist, that is what would have to happen (again).

No shortage of mission scope yet and would not expect there to be so soon. Last i looked red was south of the DMZ and sudden attrition of our bases suggest they are not down and out in the air also. Fog of war and insufficient flights/recon conceal many targets.

Remember that TE's can be run on server and can be great fun and a break from campaign

Last night, there was no red south of the DMZ, or hardly any combat units visible anywhere on the map and next to nothing regarding enemy air. Nuke reactors and war plants up through PY were also mostly at zero. I flew two missions to PY and no SAMS had tracking radars. Maybe NK is making a comeback what with the Olympics and all. :) Good to hear as I can go back at them later today!

The SAM threat is generally neutralized within the first 2 days of the Campaign.  This is standard.  Within one week, most DPRK airbases have been destroyed, so air coverage is also much lighter.  When the DPRK make a push South of the 88th, they will often have had time to repair a few airbases, and MiG AI's will be found over South Korea -- though this is possible, it's always different (being a dynamic campaign that has been tweaked to require more human interaction).

Often after the first week, we would spend a bit of time hunting Tank battalions - there will usually not be any shortage of those missions in the second week of the campaign.  Another thing to do during the 2nd week would be to double check that the larger DPRK airbases have not been repaired, getting jumped by some MiG's is a good indicator that they've repaired an airbase or two -- so then you can find and frag an OCA or two.

Before Week 3/4 there is always something to do, but when it gets thin, and there are few favorable targets and missions, it can get difficult to find any mission worth flying that doesn't take an hour of travel to get to the target zone.  On that note, Korea is one of the smallest land masses in BMS Campaigns, and so we get used to short flights and easy pickins.

Generally, we don't restart the Campaign before Day 20 (at least) unless there is a game breaking bug, or no airbases exist to launch from, or there are truly no reasonable targets on the map anywhere worth flying missions for.

:hi: