Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 - Intro

sandstorm

Our Arma servers could definitely use some love.  The Insurgency Server is a fairly straightforward game mode - map squares occupied by OPFOR are red; we clear them out sometimes building to building to clear the zone and turn them green.  Liberation is slightly more in-depth, but similarly can be played with a bunch of players, or a small group, or even solo or with a friend.  Maybe we should discuss a date to swarm our server(s) with a bunch of Arma players, see how things go.

We also have a 3rd server for running events, where we give a week or two for people to sign up - and anyone can suggest a mission for an event, even non-VG members.  If, for example, you find a well tested mission that requires a handful of players, we can schedule signups and even create an easy to sync modlist if needed.  I'd be happy to play a support role or lead a squad in an event, and I'd be happy to help organize a group Arma event for anyone who asks.

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

You know that now that we mention it ARMA 3 could use some love. We do have a lot of players in the VG community that own this game but I don't think we've been together as a collective group in a while.

I could be wrong in this aspect as I am still deep in the bosoms of PR and it's very hard for me to lift my head up.

I do like the idea of Maybe scheduling some dates for a get together and we can use server time  As our base in order to establish accuracy when coordinating. 

I can reach out to some of our people in the community that don't read the forums as much and identify times if possible. When scheduling would try to set things up a few weeks in advance to give people enough prep and noticed time.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

We also have a 3rd server for running events, where we give a week or two for people to sign up

If an event is scheduled, administrators can post a message in the veterans-gaming group on Steam. There are 407 potential players ;) 

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/veterans-gaming#events

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Hi, Where would i find the server addresses and what mods I need?. Thought i had seen it somewhere but cant see it now.

Our 2 public Arma 3 servers do not run any mods, they are Vanilla servers.  Find details on VG Servers in the Game Servers tab along the top:
http://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/game-servers/

• Upvote 3

Sandstorm if you want to play with another guy poke me on teamspeak or pm me on steam and i can join you.  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047909711/ 

Anyway hope you ll find this website (some call it home) a good place to chat with friendly people. :crigon_04:

• Upvote 1