=VG= TEDF

Campaign HQ

13 posts in this topic

Global Status : 

Eurocorps / Russia - WAR           Eurocorps / MEC - Neutral           Eurocorps / Red Dragons - Neutral

Russia / Eurocorps - WAR           Russia / MEC - Neutral                   Russia / Red Dragons - Friendly

MEC / Eurocorps - Neutral          MEC / Russia - Neutral                  MEC / Red Dragons - WAR

RD / Eurocorps - Neutral             RD / MEC - WAR                RD / Russia - Friendly 

Per HCO's request, here's a general topic where all the global news will be placed. This will also act as a feedback / suggestion / salt hub where you can discuss tactics, research, blame the commander etc. etc. etc.

@=VG= keed is welcome to edit the main post with information he wishes to be broadcasted at the top. (Don't delete the campaign map that will be at the bottom). Other moderators, please do not touch the main post without asking me first.

At the end of each cycle, the campaign map will be updated. The map won't show any troops, but only which faction controls which sector. if HCO wishes, he can take ScreenShots of the warroom, or release the link. The room is locked and can only be edited by gamemaster.

Also, at the end of each cycle, this topic will be cleared of outdated comments such as old research suggestions, battleplans etc.

Feel free to share your battleplans or whatever here or on battle specific posts, as two of the factions are fully controlled by AI and the third one is controlled by a person who doesn't even know about this website. (Special kumbola to the first one to figure out which faction is human controlled).

Going to kick this off with a general notification about the M.E.C Faction for those who haven't read the main post.

M.E.C. isn't the same faction we are so used to on PR. It consists of Hamas, Taliban & FSA. 

MEC aka Mohammed's Elite Corps (Default PR MEC) units are a speciality troops that spawn once you control Israel, Turkey & Iran. These units will have all the weapons available without the need to research them, but  each of them have only 40 Tickets and they can not be reproduced, meaning that once you suffer more than 40 casualties per battle, provided that MEC was selected as main force during it, the division will be removed. You will only get 3 of them! 

Cycle I Conclusion.

The commanders have made their moves and the first cycle won't see any confrontations between the factions as no armies clashed on any of the sectors. The most aggressive expansion was from the Red Dragons who snatched 4 sectors, edging closer to MEC which decided to claim the buffer sector to the east and focus on reinforcing the garrisons there and overall in the east. The things in europe seem to be escalating rapidly as both Eurocorps & Russia are massing troops on each other's borders.

The MEC managed to research troop transport trucks and supply crates & also used it's resources to purchase additional infantry divisions.

Stay tuned for next week as there are bound to be conflicts as each of the factions now share a border with someone they are at war with. 

Also a reminder, the live battle will take place next week, on 17th of February at 1900 PRT.

fM7s7jP.png

Cycle II Conclusion. 10.02 - 17.02

The first battles of the campaign have been concluded and all sides now count their losses and plan their next moves. China launched an invasion on MEC controlled territories and managed to force MEC units to pull back to their HQ zones, but were ultimately forced to retreat by the heroic defenders. Due to weather conditions turning to the worse, the valley of Lashkar didn't see any action and chinese units remained in their bases. 

In europe, Russia launched a full scale invasion through the southern flank of eurocorps and managed to push back the defenders there, getting one step closer to the Eurocorps HQ.  In scandinavia, both factions are foritifying their positions.

In America, NORAD forces managed to hold off the Mexican attack force and are now pursuing the retreating mexican forces into their mainland.

MEC managed to research logistics trucks, grenades, shovels, FOBs, & Foxholes.

9PEiBq3.png

If the objective was to defend the CO sectors at all costs, then putting my squad Alpha Group on the first one was doomed to failure with only 3 squad members and no RPGs to defend against incoming armour.

Just a small criticism, but couldn't there be  more organization around the make up of squads before the battle begins. It seems that we had M8's squad with a full squad, (not sure how much enemy they had to face in the first ten minutes) but in the rear and us with only three at the front.  Pretty obvious to me that the forces should have been divided evenly across the marked CO sectors first, then fall back or re-inforce as needed.

Keed gave us all a good briefing at the beginning but all I saw when we engaged were groups going off with their mates to have fun. Having said this Double's team did well to hold their position and the rest of the team defended the base so all was not lost.

Time for a review from my perspective:

The objective of this mission was to hold territory and keep losses at a minimum. Both goals were met, no compromise had to be taken. Objectively we can book this as a vitory. :) I am content with the outcome.

Yet more importantly, it didn't feel like one. So lets adress the elephants in the room:

Briefing

A briefing was important to show the squad leaders what to expect and what goes on simultaniously around them on the battlefield. We did tasks, ROEs and game mechanic specifics. Next battle I will include the squad assignments more in depth, since it felt too chaotic. This will be in the form of a warmup round beginning at 1900PRT (the time the event starts) where we will make the squads equal in number of players ( @=VG= Kavelenko valid criticism!). But squad leaders, you have brains too. If you feel something is unclear, like logistics or retreat plans simply ask!

KITS (wtf no at kits!)

This got me by surprise too, I knew we had only RPG7 with 1 round of HEAT fodder but that the overall amount is restricted was something I found out halfway into the battle. This is tied to the research system nobody but me and the game-master have overview over. I will make a research related edit into the main post soon.

But there's hope: Next live battle we will have logistics trucks, grenades, shovels, FOBs, & Foxholes, Bogragh APCs and/or 50.cal Techicals for fire support. So finally more toys with the addition of specialized squads which are sign-up only (Logi, APC). Judging by player feedback I am going to focus research on COOP-like loadouts to mirror the normal COOP loadout as fast as possible. This might come at a cost later down the line for auto-resolve battles but its a risk I am willing to take. Standard AT kits (like we are used too) are top prio!

Down the road I am planning to include CAS and heavy assets like Tanks, but basics first.

Final words

I would like to thank everyone for participating. The first battle was meant to be rough and new, awkward and at points even salty but thats the deal. I appreciate feedback and criticism and the squad leaders for sticking with me. We have a good basis here to get a real, consistent series of events here. I would love to see more squads and returning squad members. 

And I found the mosin skirmish we had at the aircraft bunker with Hater and Jersans to be quite fun ;-) 

What cas will be available for us later on? Just wondering

For squads and numbers I find it an good idea to limit or atleast define the numbers to a squad. I am very against 8 man squads as 6 is much more flexible in the form of that they can all fit in a partyvan/technical/apc or trans chopper (as they have 6/7 slots).

I highly suggest 50 cal Trekki as the mighty borach cannon cannot kill enemy APC’s as fast a 50 cal can. Also they cost less tickets when lost. 

But we shall see.

I analyzed footage of the event, we lost the first CO sector at Central at 2:10, next to be over run was our position at Meh 123 that happened at 5:14, and Checkpoint was taken by the 10 minute mark. I figure even if Jersans had spawned at East Village he would most likely have lost that being on his own.  I'll post the mission here once its finished rendering.

Here are the "demo" files from the Event for further debriefing:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5x7eatfqb9zjz0/demos from VG PR COOP Event Feb16.zip?dl=0

Use this online tool to watch these files of the event:  https://storage.googleapis.com/prdemoviewer/v3/index.html   (first download and unzip the files above, then click this link and select "Choose File" and point it to where you saved the "demos")

It's pretty much Battlecorder AFAIK.  Enjoy!
:drinks:

My cents here. 

I think that keed did do a good job, however if it wasn't for hater trucking us around and Kav uniting our squads it could have been a disaster. I'm proud of all our boys but we could have messed this up. Also big handout to Double his team for kicking ass. 

But nevertheless next time can we assign five man squads in specific locations, with specific kits etc? I for one don't need to lead a squad, I just care about us winning and doing our jobs. If I have to lead and you guys trust me to lead well then fuck yeah! But if otherwise needed I'm more than happy to follow one of our other excellent squad leaders. 

I am really sure we could have and should have done better if we did specific roles and duties. 

Can I say this?