Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Start of the COOP Campaign

TEDF

Warmup Battle / Start of the COOP Campaign 2018

03rd of february 1900 PRT

Faction : M.E.C.

HCO : KEED

MAP DOWNLOAD : 

CLICK HERE!!!

The signups are closed and after reviewing the application, a decition was made. Please welcome your High Commander for the COOP Campaign, @=VG= keed . In the next couple of days, he will be debriefed on how the campaign is going to work. As of this moment, the course of the campaign is in his hands and only he has the rights to tell where which asset / division goes, which research should be done etc. Others are allowed & encouraged to give the HCO advice and suggestions, but remember his decition is final.

Campaign overview can be checked out : Here

But now let's get down to business. As the first lines suggest, the first battle will be held on 03rd of february at 1900 PRT. This will be a warmup battle during which commander has a time to settle in the office and therefore this battle takes place outside the campaign map and outcome doesn't have serious inpact on the Campaign. 

M.E.C. expeditionary forces are sent to Mexico to aid them in their fight against the United States. To avoid this op being traced back to us, all our units will be using foreign uniforms and weapons and are taught basic Spanish. 
Our objective is to land on one of the US controlled islands just south of Florida Coast, locate and destroy enemy SAM and Radar stations and then get out before the americans can counteract. We will infaltrate the area from the south using a civilian cargo ship. Once close enough, teams will move out using RHIBs. Once landed, we must be quick to locate and destroy the objectives. It's estimated that the US navy will arrive within an hour once the alarm is risen and once it's there, we won't be able to escape. Alarm is given once the first round has been fired near or on the island.

LOqJsBL.jpg

Mission objectives : 
1. Locate the SAM and Radar sites.

5P73-Launcher-Deployed-MiroslavGyurosi-1

2. Destroy them by planting C4 Charge on them. Only Combat Engineers have access to C4 on this and you can only have 2 Engis at a time.
3. Once destroyed, exfiltrate back to the Ship. Remember where you parked your RHIBs!

4. This is an undercover operation, so remember : No Arabic!

Additional info:

1. Your primary goal is to destroy the SAM and Radar sites. Do not get caught up in long firefights against the enemy as it will just prolong the mission and will result in too many casualties. Remember, you only have limited tickets & time.
2. Before the mission begins, you'll have 5-10 minutes of prep time for people to load in, grab their gear and set up in the boats. You are not allowed to leave until green light is given.
3. All SAM and Radar sites will be spawned by the game host during the setup phase to avoid anyone attempting to locate them via editor.
4. One hour timer starts once first shots have been fired either near or on the island.

Mission outcomes : 
1. Success - 5/7 targets are destroyed & remaining forces made it back to the cargoship before US Navy arrived
4. Failure - less than 2/3 of the targets are destroyed, units didn't make it back to the ship before navy arrived.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Spartanish said:

Congratulations  @=VG= keed !

Regarding mission itself, any additional info about enemy's garrison on the island? Are we gonna have any chance pulling that out without making noise? 

Regardless, I am up for it!

Enemy has large garrison on an island so it's highly unlikely for anyone to pull it off without alarm going off. (Cheating AI yeee)

• TEDF featured and pinned this topic

Where does one sign up for IC 

And maybe fair question could this map been ran a second time the next day. As some might not be able to join on the day or due to the quantity of people. 

I might bring the 12 russians and hater brings his 8 people it might leave only room for rather few remainders. 

Looking as how full the last event was it might be kewl to have an option to replay it just for lolz

11 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Where does one sign up for IC 

And maybe fair question could this map been ran a second time the next day. As some might not be able to join on the day or due to the quantity of people. 

Keed will recruit the 2IC if he wishes to have one. As for the map, I can leave the server running throughout Sunday if people want to go over it again, although it requires someone to go and spawn stuff in on the island since there aren't any flags to capture.

Alright,

First off cheers to @tedf for creating this campaign and it's extensive game mechanics, plays like a total war campaign!

We will be M.E.C.

On how things will be handled:

First off I am planning to keep you guys in the loop with each battle cycle (7 days long). The format will be two stickies in the forum created by the game master, one for general timeline of the events globally and one thread for each battle at the end of the respective cycle. Note that we will have LIVE then followed by AUTO RESOVLE battles and repeat until we achieve victory. 

2ICs (Commanders in PR) will be appointed by me for each LIVE battle individually. We won't have a permanent one to resemble real life conditions (same ranking commanding officers) and giving everyone a opportunity. Listen up: There is no need for applications! I will approach candidates and aquire if they are interested. I am planning to chose players from the COOP server which I see fit for the task and not always be the obvious choices and might not be die hard regulars to break the circle jerk.

On a final note:

I am always open for criticism and suggestions on a operational level. But when we are in a LIVE battle it's game face. Immersion is low amongst regulars, I know that, but for others it will hopefully a nice series of events. Stay professional and keep in mind the better we do, the faster we get fancy toys to play with, including scopes. 

keed

• Upvote 4

As far as I understand I do not have to register as a squadmember but can I come and leave as I want? or is there a regulation?

21 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Hello führer Keed.

"Führer" always with capital letter in the beginning.^^

2 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Hello führer Keed.

Your expeditionary forces are ready for deployment. (11+ Vodka shock troops) note that our government will deny any involvement in this operation. 

And no need for scope we have Volod just research MG3 or any other machine gun and gg. 

11+ clandestine operators. This should be fun. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spartanish said:

Excuse me but are we even needed now? 5-6 vodka squad is OP enough. Balance it plox.

Unless you wanna play yeehaadiisch all day not that op

MEC aka Mohammed's Elite Corps (Default PR MEC) units are a speciality troops that spawn once you control Israel, Turkey & Iran. These units will have all the weapons available without the need to research them, but  each of them have only 40 Tickets and they can not be reproduced, meaning that once you suffer more than 40 casualties per battle, provided that MEC was selected as main force during it, the division will be removed. You will only get 3 of them! 

Map has been uploaded and download is up on the main post & Here! . Also added intel on your targets.

Download the maps and unzip the file in your PR levels folder, with default location on C:Program Files (x86)/Project Reality/Project Reality BF2/mods/PR/levels

or

Unzip the file wherever you want and then copy/paste the c18_warmup folder into the levels folder.

Once done, launch PR and go to COOP, create local and check if the map named campaign 2018 warmup shows up on the list. If it does then you have installed the map correctly and are set for the event.

• Upvote 3