Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Suggestion for event

Double_13

Vote  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea
    • Dunno

5a6af3d10795551942240319.png

(got to love old word art) xD

I hereby would like to ask the potential backing of the NO PROS AS ASSET HOES event. 

As the name says the main focus of the event is that skilled people are not allowed to use assets such as TANKS/APC/CAS and other theifor force them and others to complete the map in a different way that require more teamwork. 

The reason for this event comes from that maps currently are to easy due to the fact bluefor is supported by a huge wave of assets crewed by skilled people. This backing breaks the requirement of cooperation between INF squads to win the map.

I shall start with YES this event will be hard to manage but over time people learn and becomes easier. However i think it can be done and is worth a shot if enough backing can be provided and because of that I posted it here.

The best example of the backing of this event can be explained on a map as kashan where now the tank battalion takes out all the armour before reaching the bunkers thus leaving INF only to stand in a circle and cap the flag without firing a shot and repeat this process.

On the event day the assets are restricted to randoms or totally depending on whats suggested at that time.

By restricting the assets it will force and stimulate INF squads to work together to hold off the enemy forces by the use of TOW/HAT/LAT/MORTERs and most of all teamwork. The INF squads will require ammo thus trans and potential LOGI squads need to be used to keep the flow of ammo going. Individual squads need to work together coordinating attacks so that the flag is defended while others push up.

The aim is to hold this event once a week like the opfor event used to be done. (I DONT KNOW WHY OPFOR FIDAY IS NOT BEEN RAN BUT WE NOT GOING TO DEBATE THAT HERE.) 
People not supporting the idea of been blocked from assets are always free to join the next day and continue their usual playing methods. But its highly requested that during the event they follow the same mindset as others this been not using the assets. 

So this comes to the main question if people are potentially interested in an weekly or maybe longer interval event where the assets are restricted for those who are good at it. To gain the possibility to finish maps under different conditions.

Additional Admin info

• As this event does not require any custom server setting it is mainly enforced/backed by admins restricting the use of assets. Thus meaning admins will have to potentially do more work.
  • However this also add the flexibility to the event to be enforced only when possible. When the server would be seeding the use of assets can be allowed but if the server is full on the next map the assets can be blocked thus starting the event.
  • This event will potentially result in additional kicks/warns of people that might not know we holding this event but once again if this event is been ran for several weeks people will understand whats the plan and will no longer make the mistakes they didn't know they where making. 
  • I do not suggest running this server behind bars (locked) during this event as it should be open for everybody and simple repeat of process will learn people the event rules

For administration

• I do not seek for the potential flaws and reasons we can not run this event management wise. This is solely to ask if people are interested in such an event so that if so the potential management of this event can be worked out. 
  • The main flaw of who is skilled and who is not will be a huge challenge but again thats not within the scope of this poll.

Feel free to provide feedback what you think about the event. 

I quite like this idea. In fact I was thinking of something similar recently where all heavy assets get a time-delay of about fifteen minutes making any tank, APC, Trans and CAS support literally support forces when the going gets tough. Imagine this on Muttrah. Infantry forces spearheading under heavy fire making their way till about Mosque and West City setting defensive perimeters, spec ops taking out fixed assets such as mortars and even the AA units. Perhaps a mortar crew providing support from Docks, and then when it's absolutely necessary CAS is finally up and provides targeted air support upon request. Trans finally delivers much needed supplies. Etc.

*Dreams on...* 

Anyway I like the idea.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Spartanish said:

Already can see the mess regarding who will be allowed to use those assets and who won't be.

Neverless I am in favour. We could at least spare one day to check if such idea can work and if it does it could be implemented further.

Well we could also ask to create and load a different map list on the event days that simply delays the spawning of heavy assets by fifteen minutes. Meaning that those who really want to fly or use tanks simply have to wait until their assets are up - which is not weird because as infantry we have to wait 10-15 minutes easily from time to time before we can finally push to the next flag and see some action. 

Effectively having us grunts to use boats rather than choppers to hit the first flags and / or use Humvees and Trucks to move from A to B and utilizing Logi trucks as they were meant to be used until Trans, CAS, Tanks, APC's come online to support us when it starts to get too difficult.

I know it probably won't ever happen but I think that it would be great. 

What do you guys think? 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jersans said:

Well we could also ask to create and load a different map list on the event days that simply delays the spawning of heavy assets by fifteen minutes.

Fixes all the potential issues I agree but this is not allowed as we would edit the server files meaning we have to lock the server.

Because I do not wish to have the server locked I made the poll to see if others also support this initial idea of having less to no heavy assets on maps at a specific day. 
If indeed enough support can be found we can start looking how to enforce such an event on our server.

The enforcement will most likely be done by allowing admins to resign tank/apc/cas squads on the event day and warn/kick people that still use the assets with appropriate manners. 

However looking for those solutions is outside this polls scope. The poll isonly to see if people are interested and willing to join such an event the how is the event going to be managed will be debated is enough support is found.

I'm not a fan of the notion that players who prefer to play PR in vehicles are somehow "bad people" or "whores" compared to the players who prefer infantry roles.  It's a combined arms game, not an infantry game.  Having said that, of course I know the vehicle players can be known for not relinquishing said vehicles when there are too few infantry to actually play or progress the current map/mission.  Still, the opposite is also true - infantry squads don't always disband to form vehicle squads when infantry cannot progress without fire support...

In the end, it's just a game - people are gonna play it the way they enjoy it.  It's one thing to ask people to volunteer to comply, but...  Forcing someone who enjoys one aspect of the game to play in another role as if they are some kind of "whore" for enjoying what they enjoy just sounds very arrogant.  Coming from a stance of "forcing them to try new things" is equally presumptuous when we assume they've not already tried many of the ways to play the game already, as if we've provided the only time they have tried "something different".

This concept in this vote is admirable for those who are voluntarily relinquishing vehicle roles they would normally operate, allowing others to have a go at the vehicle roles, but IMO doing any "forcing" feels wrong on some level at least.  Asking certain vehicle regulars to voluntarily choose a different role is one thing, but actively enforcing this concept seems like it would be both too much work and too much hassling of our players for a public event designed to be fun and entertaining.  It's important to look at concepts such as "entertainment" and "fun times" objectively, and not subjectively.

• Upvote 5

Well an opfor event would be technically be the same as you also blocking people of playing bluefor. 

This event is exactly the same because of this restricting and forcing people to not use an group of assets on a particular day. Is nothing different then forcing them to play opfor. 

And been really bitchy you can also tell them to join a other server if they don’t like been limited.

the poll is again to see if people are willing to join such event.

If this event falls outside the community idea then ofcourse the next step is running it locked on our second server. However doing this will result in a fraction within the coop community. So first aim is doing this on the main server. 

14 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Well an opfor event would be technically be the same as you also blocking people of playing bluefor. 

Well isn't it the same? Don't our head-admins load a different map-list? I'm not technically adept to this but I don't see why a time-delay wouldn't be possible for heavy assets. 

A time delay means we change the server.zip file of the server.

the rules of PR servers say that we can not modify the server files (server.zip) 

(Dutch)