Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Round length and challenge

Ragnarok1775

1 hour ago, ranger_12 said:

''sorry but u draged me to this topic''

Not at all. It was you who after single sentence acted like a bull seing red (know this is myth but still is relevant). Was not by any means trying to 'offend' anyone here.

And let's cease it now cause as I mentioned before we're going way too much off-topic. If you want to continue this discussion, we can do it privately instead of starting yet another drama here.

9 hours ago, Spartanish said:

Not at all. It was you who after single sentence acted like a bull seing red (know this is myth but still is relevant). Was not by any means trying to 'offend' anyone here.

And let's cease it now cause as I mentioned before we're going way too much off-topic. If you want to continue this discussion, we can do it privately instead of starting yet another drama here.

Sure. not gonna talk about this not in here not in privat because we talked more than 80 Years and nothing changes. Spartanish i don't like to bring the real world to this game because we will never agree. we are not on the same wave. so let it go.

Hey folks, please let us not talk about what country did what or who is a better at what due to "x,Y,Z".  Please let us bring the train back on track and discuss the current topic of the post.  "Round length and Challenge".  As @GRNANDGLD mentioned, we should just play the game.  That is what we are really here for; to play video games and not discuss current politics or put other people/countries down.  We are an INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, we we all come different places around the world.  But our common cause is VIDEO GAMES.   One of the reasons why we have Religious/political hostilities as a rule is to encourage all people from all creed, race, religion, or color to enjoy it as such.  I feel like we are drifting towards this manner since we started from the topic of maps and asset use in PR to what countries do what and the thought behind it with some intent to cause spark.  Please limit the conversation to acceptable terms in the VG Forums.  

To be clear: if people were to discuss "TANK TACTICS OF GERMANY VS US VS RUSSIA" or how people use tanks in different countries that is acceptable, or similar topics.  Some countries do send the tank in first rather than the infantry because they have money to spend on the war and human lives are highest priority.  Some countries use overwhelming numbers to defeat the foe instead.

• Upvote 4

Please guys. We're all friends here, let's try to get along for the health of this community.

We can't force gameplay to match a certain country's tactics or T/O; Russian marksmen are in a separate unit and not organic to the rifle squad. Germans tend to be loaded down with a lot of AT weapons from what I understand. In the French Foreign Legion, medics are an additional duty, so that could fall to a sniper or a machine gunner (used to be the same with musicians). I don't think the game mechanics allow for limiting kits based on faction or only a certain number of tanks per squad etc. Every country and every type of unit is different, and there isn't always a right or wrong way to do something, just a different way. Squad sizes are different in every country and even within the same nation. PR is a game and we should do what works here...you wanna be hyper realistic, then stand in a guard tower at main for several hours doing nothing. That's one thing every army has in common. Reallife: war is horrible and there is absolutely nothing cool or fun about killing Germans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans, etc. And I say that as an American.

In deployment there is a briefing timer; can this be implemented in coop, and if so, does it also stop the bots from doing anything?

I'm in favor of making IFVs organic to infantry as they are in most countries' mech inf units. If we did that, then I think the Bradleys, BTRs, etc would stick with the grunts and support them (less likely to get a frustrating squad wipe) and not go off to the edge of the map and slaughter the entire opfor and locking down other flags. They aren't APCs at all and aren't meant to be just an armored taxi service. I think this was discussed a bit in another thread several weeks ago.

Whatever the status of the server and whoever are the Admins on at the time, it is important that they apply a lot of common sense and maintain active over sight of the state of game play.

Please let us not forget that all those chosen for this role are volunteers. They have been observed and vetted before being signed up to  be Admins.

With that in mind, from time to time a few do need some guidance on the finer points, while others may need reminding of some.

Remember, we are all striving to keep VG Number One!!

Good work to all the Great folks that put their time in.

It is very much appreciated.

• Upvote 2