Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

suggetion!!!

ranger_12

hey guys! 

well ... after the last ''update'' now i think ... no i don't think :D im sure the bots (the AT bots) can shoot the chopers down using thr anti tank weapons. i was flying the super cobra 400m alt and enjoying the anti tanks rockets party arround my chopper. this great ! this make the game harder for pilots and more ''fun?'' maybe for some yes ..

ok. im not gonna say this relistic or not i don't care.  but why the bots still spawn with AT without a limit kits ?? imagin u fly a huey and all the bots spawn with AT and looking for the s*** of **** ???  do you even find this funny ??? while we have this great update  can you please limit the bots kits ??? 

• Upvote 2

BF2 ai allows 7 kits in total but you cannot set a kitlimit to the bots for some kits.

Allowed kit ai's are :

• Specops.ai  
  • Support.ai
  • Sniper.ai
  • Engineer.ai
  • Assault.ai
  • AT.ai
  • Medic.ai

The SAI decides how many bots with what kind of kit spawns and they can only choose the kits from the kitselection menu.

Simple explained: The SAI compares the offensive/defensive strength from one team and spawn the right stuff for the other team to have a combatstrength of the same level.

How this offensive and defensive strength get calculated idk. Some IT flags for vehicles also influence the SAI decisions. Also temperature values and the weapon strength from some weapons getting calculated.

• Upvote 1

I would say keep the changes as it makes some maps more fun. 

Yes it is annoying you can nolonger fly over 20 bots land in the cap zone behind them and cap but it is kinda realistic. 

Try walking then? 

I highly suggest you play deployment and fly like you do on coop i am quite sure you get killed in seconds. So bots are not that off from humans when it comes to latting choppers 

19 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Yes, lets have the tanks and APCs rape even more than they already do. Sounds good.

Don't worry ranger, server will be set back to normal this weekend anyways.

IF I UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECT TED i don't mean tanks  adn apcs because its same we still can rape hundreds of bots :D without problem .... what i meant is helicopters.  Cheers ^^

The only thing i hate so much is the bot accuracy. It is now very difficult to survive around 2 or 3 bots that are charging at you. I suggest leaving it as it was before the change. Some players have already complained about this. Even if the medic bag is in the hands of the guy close to your position, you wont survive for more than 4s ,at max, if you are being shot at already.

• Upvote 1

As medic you not suppose to intantly pick up the wounded guy. He or his squad should first take out the enemy’s before reviving. However currently this is not done and the guy gets hit by one of the shots and dies again. 

Simmilar as in deployment you will just have to wait before getting revived. While I can agree that the wounded time is quite short it is short as the bots wait until they bleed out and then spawn. Adding the same 3 min wounded time would mean the bot will respawn after 3 min. 

The only thing what these changes do is force you to play more realistic. And last time I checked it is called project reality, so it has to be realistic. 

Looking from my standpoint I do not notice any more accuracy then before. I still can just cross the streets and walk where I want to walk without the instant death. The only thing I noticed I can’t walk 50M in the open but only 25m before getting killed. However this adds a new challenge as the approaches to buildings and flags need to be changed. And this is where it goes wrong.

still people sit on the same building using the same rush tactics they did before but now they complain they get killed. Rather then adapting you simply say to hard change it back. But isn’t that the fun, Trying new things when it is hard?

could the changes be saved and added to the second server so that the moments people wish more challenge they can play on one of the other servers. 

Going to lock this as it's slowly getting out of topic and heated up. If you got anything to add towards the AI changes, please do it HERE . This post was solely to address the issue of bots spamming LATs at choppers and unfortunately there's not much to do about it as the bots can't make a difference between transport helis and attack helos atm, otherwise I would have left the transport helos untouched.

I appreciate the feedback, but as I mentioned in the original notification, all changes are temporary and will be removed after a while which happens to be this weekend. I'll tweak the files and test out the AI during the course of campaign and once I'm happy with the results, it will be loaded on to the main server again for further testing and feedback.

• Upvote 4

• TEDF locked this topic