Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Workshop content

=VG= m823us

Greetings all,

Some people have expressed interest in having certain workshops be held in our server and since we have the ability to do so why not?

Here are some expressed interests so far and I would love to hear more:

Kit training-What kits do what and how to maximize it's effectiveness, (such as how to use a HAT or how "effective" is a sniper kit)

How to fly

How to use heavy assets (Think mortars/steel rain)

Vehicle warfare and maximized time in battle ( How does @=VG= TEDF last so long, how does @=VG= Double_13 do the things he does with Logi...)

Map features unknow to players (hidden bunkers and rooms but can't access due to always fighting and not able to appreciate the DEVS work)

Have a standoff between bots vs players, how long can you hold off the hordes?

• Upvote 7

I'm looking forward to hosting these workshops every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a few hours each time, one week, they will be AM, the next, PM -- numbers will be small so we can keep handle on the group and maintain focus on the Workshop objective.  We want the number to remain small so we can better manage the session, and the sessions will be short - ranging from 1-3 hours tops.  Example would be 8-12 players with 1-3 Hosts/Directors.

m823us already mentioned many scenarios that would work well, such as "Learn the Map" sessions, "Kit Training" where people can take kits they normally would not in a less difficult setting allowing learning/training, and even "Vehicle Teamwork Training" where we can take a large number of the same vehicle and everyone gets to work together in various group/formation tactics.  That last one, even if the "training workshop" is not possible in a real COOP match (few maps have 15+ Abrams), they will serve to build teamwork, communications, and even small group tactics that CAN apply to a real COOP match.

So, obviously, these workshops are not going to be geared to train the "Know-it-All" players who have logged hours into the thousands -- though we would like to encourage such players to take up Team Lead or Host roles during Workshops if they would like.

If we design and run them correctly, even seasoned players should find the Workshops useful if everyone can learn at least one new trick, or gain a better idea of the COOP concept and how to better communicate and coordinate with others.

*We are still looking for Map Makers familiar with PR coding because we'd like a few specific maps edited with more/less vehicles of certain types, and in some cases, some restrictions lifted so, for example, a Squad Leader Training can bypass "minimum squad members required for...." limits to allow more actual Squad Leaders without so many squad members needed (imagine base building tutorials, but can build 5 fobs right next to each other for training/instructional purposes).  Whoever is interested in helping to make these Workshop maps can post up here, or contact me in a private message.

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

That is something I can train people in, and I'd be happy to help you go pro -- an hour with me, and a few crates of 40mm, and I'll have you dropping them in 3rd story windows from 4 blocks away on the first shot.  ;)  Grenadier was always my favorite 'attack' kit in any game, and I've spent countless hours in offline sessions just firing (in PR and Arma 2/3).  The very coolest trick a Grenadier can do is a MRSI (multiple round simultaneous impact) where multiple grenades all hit the same small area within a second, giving the enemy zero time to react or disperse.  Not all tactics are available in all games, but skill with a UGL does translate between different war games for the most part.

example of MRSI (although it's in Arma 2):

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

Those are tactical trees and I had hit every single one of them because the bots won't rpg me,  Especially if they or I don't know where we're going. It also brings good luck.

Maybe it's a new barricade/camouflage technology the russians are using... either way it's not effective when we can just hug the trees with your trucks and use as cover... 

What if we put trees IN the truck, like, in the trunk or just strap a tree on the front, maybe we'll become invencible or at least make us look so dumb that they will have pity of us and dont shoot us

3 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

*We are still looking for Map Makers familiar with PR coding because we'd like a few specific maps edited with more/less vehicles of certain types, and in some cases, some restrictions lifted so, for example, a Squad Leader Training can bypass "minimum squad members required for...." limits to allow more actual Squad Leaders without so many squad members needed (imagine base building tutorials, but can build 5 fobs right next to each other for training/instructional purposes).  Whoever is interested in helping to make these Workshop maps can post up here, or contact me in a private message.

Send me a list of which map and what you want on it and i can make it. All weapon / vehicle / FOB etc. restrictions are server sided and can be edited easily as needed.

• Upvote 1

i think the main topic of the workshop is patience and know when to attack.

the reason we (ted sydney m8 me etc ) survive so long is solely based on patience and judgement. 

Your command to push forward might be perfect but it can be ruined if not done at the correct moment.

However if this is kit training then I can only tell about HAT/LAT/Medic and French grenadier. 

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

i think the main topic of the workshop is patience and know when to attack.

the reason we (ted sydney m8 me etc ) survive so long is solely based on patience and judgement. 

Your command to push forward might be perfect but it can be ruined if not done at the correct moment.

However if this is kit training then I can only tell about HAT/LAT/Medic and French grenadier. 

"Paint me like you paint your French grenadiers" 

It is the most fun kit in the game along with the British blowpipe (AA kit) 

It is the only grenadier that has an reasonable splash radius (3m) and very accurate. The 4 HE and 1 AT you get is more then sufficient to kill any armour (also tanks) or multiple armoured assets. The mayor downsides are the limited ammo and the short range (75 or 100m option). 

The british AA needs no explanation after using it. (Javelin rocket mode for max fun) 

Basic marksmanship, which shouldn't take much time at all if people are willing to listen. Not using burst or full auto, patience with sight deviation, and engaging long-range targets.

Individual, team, and squad movement. Taking advantage of cover, buildings, keeping together as a squad. Movement to contact, react to contact, squad attack, break contact and so on. Employment of recon/scout teams. Ambushes especially of vehicles. Combined arms operations.

The individual kits and how to effectively use special weapons (grenadier, AR, marksman especially).

The absolute most important thing being to engage at the maximum range possible.

Most of the older generation in PR knows their stuff, but with the constant flood of new people since standalone, there's so many people without any guidance who haven't had years to learn the game and the advantage of a "small classroom size" with the older vets, and perhaps they don't know where to turn to for help?