Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=VG= Double_13

PR COOP editing

14 posts in this topic

But melon even if we could change all this can we run these modifications on the server without locking it

PR management should allow people to work on their mod and not be such a dick about everything. We get shown the nice bf2ww trailer but it will take years before that shit is done if they would just publish it so others could help and etc it goes much faster. 

And than the more interessting mod

(Chinese site)

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av17591311.html

The development is currently Halted (10-01-2018) because you can guess it PR management does not agree. 

So like ted says the blaim is not on you but to the PR management. If they would be more reasonable then more great things can be achieved. 

@Melon

I take this as an excuse. All is fine. 

About serverside modding: I got it how it works. When we want to change something, like positions from spawnpoints or whatever, we have todo it in the editor, writing the new position datas from our changes and go back to the original serverfile and add the new position datas from the changes down. 

@[R-DEV] Melonmuncher: 

23 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

..... if you want something changed do it your goddamn selves.

Is it possible to add to the next coming patch BACKDOORS for our =VG= community to make it more easy to modifying serverside objectspawners and spawnpoints by adding all DEFAULT tweaklines in the coop GPO's for EVENTS?

Same please, for the StrategicAreas.ai files for all coop map layers with the ObjectTypeFlags for StrategicAreas. When ESAI isn't used and the aidefaultstrategies doesn't include any Special ai codes that recognizes such OTF's will also cause nothing. Modders, or some guys who like to host a coop server because they like the game the same as you, are able to add better logic by changing the aidefaultstrategies serverside. 

Without adding uncalled EXTRA OTF's, we  also cannot FIX ESAI  on our own.

2nd,

var v_custombots

fileManager.fileExists Objects/AI/behaviour.ai -> v_custombots

if v_custombots == 1
run Objects/AI/behaviour.ai

else

[-INSERT DEFAULT AIBEHAVIORS.AI CODE HERE-]

endif

would it be possible to add this to the aibehaviours.ai? It is required to be in the core sofar i understand or better any CLIENT must have this. That's a THING we cant do own our own but the rest.

With that, you know, it would give potentialy new community mappack creators the option to integrate their own ai.behaviours.ai in their created community maps or mapvariants. 

Nothing will or get hurt to any PR STANDARDS SETUPS. Nothing. It opens only a (BACK)door for the community modders/mappers. Than we are able todo that on our own.

@Melon

Dont take this wrong or as insult but atleast with adding the 2nd option the community can do things without Managment approvements. 

@=VG= and all others :

Sorry, we dont come further. Any effort to improve coop from VG or PR community side seems to be doomed. 

Should we try to create a =VG= mappack and risking with a locked server our playerbase? Atleast we tried ourself. Here are enough people that are able to build full COOP functional GPO's that fit our interrests.

With a own mappack, we can make changes without approvements that doesn't fit to PR STANDARDS.

Only the sad fact with the locked server rule. 

I see no other exit. Why wasting more energy and continoue this. I'm also already so down and losing also interest in insurgency. Without solid base, no solid gameplay and i dont mean misplaced ai.files.

Maybe we should HIRE Rabbit for creating new impressive coop maps. His maps has atleast the best chances to be downloaded by the Pubs.

Pr used to have many many more maps we could just add those along with BF2

if a map pack is made and server has to be locked the password can simply be in the name of the server list. 

Ok, started a new thread and moved your posts so we can leave Ted's thread for the topic it's about!

11 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

But melon even if we could change all this can we run these modifications on the server without locking it

PR management should allow people to work on their mod and not be such a dick about everything. We get shown the nice bf2ww trailer but it will take years before that shit is done if they would just publish it so others could help and etc it goes much faster. 

And than the more interessting mod

(Chinese site)

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av17591311.html

The development is currently Halted (10-01-2018) because you can guess it PR management does not agree. 

So like ted says the blaim is not on you but to the PR management. If they would be more reasonable then more great things can be achieved. 

Not if they can be done, they can be done. As for the server being locked, well not really but because it's coop we get some leeway.

As for unlocking development, thye don't want to release because it's still not completed, a lot of the stuff they need help with ks posted in the community factions forum.

I also wouldn't  want any 3rd party mod stealing my work so I can understand why they stop this happening. They do sharea lot of stuff with other mods.

25 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

@Melon

I take this as an excuse. All is fine. 

About serverside modding: I got it how it works. When we want to change something, like positions from spawnpoints or whatever, we have todo it in the editor, writing the new position datas from our changes and go back to the original serverfile and add the new position datas from the changes down. 

@[R-DEV] Melonmuncher: 

Is it possible to add to the next coming patch BACKDOORS for our =VG= community to make it more easy to modifying serverside objectspawners and spawnpoints by adding all DEFAULT tweaklines in the coop GPO's for EVENTS?

Same please, for the StrategicAreas.ai files for all coop map layers with the ObjectTypeFlags for StrategicAreas. When ESAI isn't used and the aidefaultstrategies doesn't include any Special ai codes that recognizes such OTF's will also cause nothing. Modders, or some guys who like to host a coop server because they like the game the same as you, are able to add better logic by changing the aidefaultstrategies serverside. 

Without adding uncalled EXTRA OTF's, we  also cannot FIX ESAI  on our own.

2nd,

var v_custombots

fileManager.fileExists Objects/AI/behaviour.ai -> v_custombots

if v_custombots == 1
run Objects/AI/behaviour.ai

else

[-INSERT DEFAULT AIBEHAVIORS.AI CODE HERE-]

endif

would it be possible to add this to the aibehaviours.ai? It is required to be in the core sofar i understand or better any CLIENT must have this. That's a THING we cant do own our own but the rest.

With that, you know, it would give potentialy new community mappack creators the option to integrate their own ai.behaviours.ai in their created community maps or mapvariants. 

Nothing will or get hurt to any PR STANDARDS SETUPS. Nothing. It opens only a (BACK)door for the community modders/mappers. Than we are able todo that on our own.

@Melon

Dont take this wrong or as insult but atleast with adding the 2nd option the community can do things without Managment approvements. 

@=VG= and all others :

Sorry, we dont come further. Any effort to improve coop from VG or PR community side seems to be doomed. 

Should we try to create a =VG= mappack and risking with a locked server our playerbase? Atleast we tried ourself. Here are enough people that are able to build full COOP functional GPO's that fit our interrests.

With a own mappack, we can make changes without approvements that doesn't fit to PR STANDARDS.

Only the sad fact with the locked server rule. 

I see no other exit. Why wasting more energy and continoue this. I'm also already so down and losing also interest in insurgency. Without solid base, no solid gameplay and i dont mean misplaced ai.files.

Maybe we should HIRE Rabbit for creating new impressive coop maps. His maps has atleast the best chances to be downloaded by the Pubs.

Alright, AI files are only loaded by theserver and nothing else, you can change the AI serverside.

18 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Pr used to have many many more maps we could just add those along with BF2

if a map pack is made and server has to be locked the password can simply be in the name of the server list. 

It can't be, this is against the server agreement because deployment servers were abusing it

25 minutes ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

It can't be, this is against the server agreement because deployment servers were abusing it

Well, PRTA got special permissions to have their winter mappack stuff run on an unlocked server so we could ask the lead devs for the same thing, not like the Lead management gives a damn what's going on in the COOP land anyways.

In the end, it should also be in their best interest. With people outside the developer team working on the old mappack they threw away, it would be possible to have it up to the "PR Standards" one day and part of the official release again, meanwhile while the devs work on the deployment stuff.

Would the server require special permissions to run outdated PR maps or BF2 maps locked behind locked server or does one have to request everything from the management? 

I know ted had to request permissions for his events. 

I have no issue making the mappack and add some maps to it but it would fracture the whole community. All the active people will probably play on the modded server thus resulting in the main server been dead. 

Theres no need unless we're running a mappack and then people need the maps anyway so a password is easy

Now deploying to operation ZIPPO_Tank 

We already kind of have our "own" mappack for COOP and permissions to edit the maps the way we want, just needs a lot of tweaking in terms of balance and stability. They all work, but are just a bit funky. I'm a bit busy with the campaign stuff & french language lessons atm, so I'm not going to spend any time on fixing those small problems before it's over, but if anyone here wants to have a go then I can upload the files somewhere and put up a list with most notable problems on the maps.

32 minutes ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

Alright, AI files are only loaded by theserver and nothing else, you can change the AI serverside.

All CLIENTs need this line too sofar i understood VOID advices but i check again maybe i'm wrong but i still have his PM's.

Melon, is there a way that VG and PR Coop wortking together (getting special permissions) and we make the modifícations/ai improvements and the DEVs or you COPY&CAT it to the core when it's better as the current?

We can work and TEST quicker as the Devteam. At the end, we want improvements for the game we all like. 

The PR DevCrew can focus on their priorities meanwhile we make improvements and also having fun.

You can only ever have a max of 48 bots on the enemy team without bots on the player side too.

About what Melon said in the other thread.

Isn't there a option in the python to place predifend clantags to one site? When yes, it should be possible to push all bots with all clantag that starts with [R-DEV] and [R-Con] to team 1 or i'm wrong?

22 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

All CLIENTs need this line too sofar i understood VOID advices but i check again maybe i'm wrong but i still have his PM's.

Melon, is there a way that VG and PR Coop wortking together (getting special permissions) and we make the modifícations/ai improvements and the DEVs or you COPY&CAT it to the core when it's better as the current?

We can work and TEST quicker as the Devteam. At the end, we want improvements for the game we all like. 

The PR DevCrew can focus on their priorities meanwhile we make improvements and also having fun.

No, you can add your own navmeshes and Ai, the clients don't need even a navmesh on their side if they are only playing coop because bots are controlled by the server

2 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

you can add your own navmeshes and Ai, the clients don't need even a navmesh on their side

Seriously??? You can change navmeshes serverside??? Damn, few hours to late. Rabbit released for testing Ramadi but he didn't maked a GPO for coop because he didn't navmeshed it. 

Melon for excample, if Ramadi had for coop GPO's but no navmesh and we would make a navmesh, every who had Ramadi without navmesh could play on the navmeshed server version? 

Good to know.

What about pushing clantags to one side? You know something about this?

What can I do if anything or how can I send resources your way to help you folks succeed?