Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Changes

TEDF

To verify what ted said

i just runnext in khami because it is unplayable 

8 man tank

3 man trans

4 man cas

4 man apc 

3 man inf 

i found it so redicolous people just waited in main for their assets to respawn rather then playing together. So I simply runnext. 

I highly suggest ALL one man assets on large maps been removed. We still have plenty of other assets and removing these one man will prevent everybody hogging in the assets. If this is possible/allowed is a different question or else I suggest to put the second server behind password so the people who do wish challenging maps can play their 

Uploaded additional changes to the server. Again all of this is temporary and will be reverted in a few days.

General : 

1. Reduced tickets for bluefor on some of the maps

Muttrah : 

1. Bots are now more aggressive on their deployment

2. Slightly increased time it takes to cap docks. Reduced time it takes to capture ECC & WCC but increased time it takes to neutralise them.

3. Increased TOW HMMWV Respawn time slightly

4. Increased Cobra respawn time on STD to 10 minutes

EDIT : Looks good so far

90UAUnq.png

Khamisiyah : 

1. Bots now spawn on bunkers & chem factory

2. ZU guns now respawn after a while

3. Increased f15 respawn time to 10 minutes

4. Bots now focus more on defending/spawning on the flags rather than going for the vehicles

Kashan : 

1. Bots are now more aggressive on their deployment and should be able to capture both bunkers in reasonable time, provided that human side doesn't rush the hills before village is captured

2. Bots now get AAs once they capture bunkers

3. Increased jet respawn times to 10 minutes.

ALT : 

1. Removed 1 man tanks and reduced the total number of tanks to 2, with one of them being delayed.

2. removed one of the f16s

STD : 

1. Reduced total number of tanks from 12 to 4. All tanks have increased respawn times. All one man tanks have been removed.

2. Reduced respawn time on bot aircrafts

Pavlovsk : 

1. Bots are now more aggressive on their deployment

2. Decreased ZU gun respawn times slightly

ALT : 

1. Increased time it takes to capture west beach fort so the bots would have a chance to fight over it before the 2 man tank squad captures it.

2. increased TOW HMMWV respawn time slightly

STD : 

1. Increased harrier respawn time to 10 minutes.

2. Increased time it takes to neutralise West Beach Fort so the bots would have a chance to defend it properly.

• Upvote 4

could these changes be added to the second or third server so others could continue the work on them?

Recently I have spoken with a few others that might be interesserend in further improvement of the server in the hope these changes can then be pushed to an official update. However it would be nice to push these changes on the third or second server.

I have been receiving help from fastjack with information pending how to "fix"some of the maps and how to get the bots to be more lethal. This in the method that it only affect multiplayer layers and not singleplayer. This to bypass/fufull the PR requirement that every map needs to be playable in singleplayer. If more and others are interressted in these changes hopefully more word could be done and maybe some of the changes could potentially be added in official updates.

These changes will propably never be added to the official release as the PR standars require for both teams to have same amount / balanced assets. We tried to talk about it years ago and got completely shut down. Best thing we can do is start a petition to have the COOP devs add couple of lines for each vehicle spawn and flag that state the ownership, delay and amount so we could edit them freely as needed.

EDIT : All the changes are currently up on the test server (PW: 123). I can upload them to dropbox sometime if needed.

2 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

ALT : 

1. Removed 1 man tanks and reduced the total number of tanks to 2, with one of them being delayed.

Totally against this particular decision. In my eyes Kashan ALT should stay as it was. Perfect layout for 1-6 players and we have both STD and LRG for rounds with bigger amount of players. 

Apart from that, I am looking forward to all those changes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Kashan : 

STD : 

1. Reduced total number of tanks from 12 to 4. All tanks have increased respawn times. All one man tanks have been removed.

2. Reduced respawn time on bot aircrafts

I would say this the one that i was waiting for, to be honest...

There's likely too much of Tanks (and also APC), for an armor-fighting map (too easy than the ALT or even the LRG sometimes). Infantry at least have some space for the playing, with some Trans Truck/Logi Truck/G-Wagen Jeep plays the role.

No changes for CAS and Trans, seems ok..

Avenger AAV here, not so much being used lately (since there's only one), but can still counter those enemy Aircrafts which is now has longer respawn. Looks fair by reducing Blufor armors (Tanks)

Let's just say this, the larger the layout for Kashan, the easier you won the round (ofc it does depends on number of players in-game though)

- Inch

3 hours ago, Spartanish said:

Totally against this particular decision. In my eyes Kashan ALT should stay as it was. Perfect layout for 1-6 players and we have both STD and LRG for rounds with bigger amount of players. 

Apart from that, I am looking forward to all those changes.

We played around on it with 20ish people and I didn't notice any changes, apart from instead of having 10 vehicles camping on the hills, it was only 2. 1 f16, abrams and 3 bradlies is more than enough to counter the first wave of t62s and BMP1s that roll out.

1 hour ago, =VG= TEDF said:

We played around on it with 20ish people and I didn't notice any changes, apart from instead of having 10 vehicles camping on the hills, it was only 2. 1 f16, abrams and 3 bradlies is more than enough to counter the first wave of t62s and BMP1s that roll out.

Yea, with 20 people. When I meant situations with 1-6, out of which only half respond to mumble calls.

Kashan ALT was perfect solution for such situations when for few hours there are such little amount of players. It is pretty much the only map which provides that in such circumstances. Altering that seems pointless and unnecessary to me. Unless remaining tanks are gonna be manned by completely reckless players, they're still gonna dominate map anyway. Remove tanks in total? You're gonna have TOWs 'camping' on hills. And as I mentioned before, there are two differents kashan layouts and all of khamisiyah which could be adjust for more balanced combined arms gameplay.

• Upvote 2