Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Invisible Bug

=VG= Nyther

While these are all fun and valid criticisms of the game engine's limitations, regarding the original "invisible bug" point, due to the scripted requirement to be in a squad in order to man assets, it does in fact make it easier to know who is one-manning.

Unless you have proper knowledge of which asset type is strictly for bots/players on a given map, by scanning through the players manning asset(s) and accounting for them on the map, you can tell immediately that a player is one-manning if they appear manning an asset but cannot be located through choosing them on the map or squad management panel. I have been using this method, since first noticing the related limitation, to effectively pinpoint one-manners and encourage them to go back and man assets properly, or take administrative actions against them if they become uncooperative.

• Upvote 2

- Dropping a box safely from a Osprey flying maximum speed meters above T-shape rooftops.

- Firing a SMAW rocket at a BTR60 and the thing only starts to sparkle like a gay vampire

- Being deployed to the same warzones even though we secured them a million times each

- But the best one: Playing a decade old mod made by people in their free time out of passion and still having more fun than in a AAA shooter made by companies with million dollar budgets and professional developers

I like how this thread is derailing :D

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

- Dropping a box safely from a Osprey flying maximum speed meters above T-shape rooftops.

- Firing a SMAW rocket at a BTR60 and the thing only starts to sparkle like a gay vampire

- Being deployed to the same warzones even though we secured them a million times each

- But the best one: Playing a decade old mod made by people in their free time out of passion and still having more fun than in a AAA shooter made by companies with million dollar budgets and professional developers

I like how this thread is derailing :D

I am loving this post! But isn’t it two decades? 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jersans said:

I am loving this post! But isn’t it two decades? 

Apparently from 2005, which makes it 1 and 1/5 decade old.

And regarding bugs, driving abrams with full speed on khami, hit a gate and fly due to it some 100-150 meters up in air, only to land back on top of the head of some INF squad leader. His squad reaction trully priceless.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Spartanish said:

Apparently from 2005, which makes it 1 and 1/5 decade old.

And regarding bugs, driving abrams with full speed on khami, hit a gate and fly due to it some 100-150 meters up in air, only to land back on top of the head of some INF squad leader. His squad reaction trully priceless.

I stand corrected.  

• Upvote 1

LMAO - even the base game isn't from the 1990's  :scooby_02: 

Weird thing, according to the wiki's, Battlefield 2 (the game PR is built on) was released 2005 (June) like he said...but the history of PR says PR was created July 2004.... so, maybe they started building PR on a alpha/beta of BF2 while it was in development?  Odd...

Falcon BMS, on the other hand, is a mod built on a base game (Falcon 4.0) that was released 20 years ago.  Of course, the current iteration of BMS is only a few years old, and BMS only took the forefront over other Falcon 4.0 mods like Red Viper, etc. about 5-6 years ago.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.12.2017 at 7:25 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

LMAO - even the base game isn't from the 1990's  :scooby_02: 

Weird thing, according to the wiki's, Battlefield 2 (the game PR is built on) was released 2005 (June) like he said...but the history of PR says PR was created July 2004.... so, maybe they started building PR on a alpha/beta of BF2 while it was in development?  Odd...

Falcon BMS, on the other hand, is a mod built on a base game (Falcon 4.0) that was released 20 years ago.  Of course, the current iteration of BMS is only a few years old, and BMS only took the forefront over other Falcon 4.0 mods like Red Viper, etc. about 5-6 years ago.

Original PR runned on BF:Vietnam

• Upvote 3

I know you guys are mostly joking, but I just wanted to add my two cents for perspective.  I have been playing BF2 lately and didn't 't realize how un-realistic it had been until I had PR to compare it against.    For instance, medic, engineer, etc can drive an APC and can heal people/repair a vehicle just because they are in a vehicle next to the vehicle needing repairs.  PR has certainly come a long way in changing that in the parameters is has available to it.

So, that's explains why in this world exists some of these game genres (there's also some genres that i'm not mentioned, it is generally consists of FPS and TPS):

- Squad-Based FPS (Battlefield franchise?)

- Squad-Based Tactical Shooter/FPTS (PR:BF2 obviously, SQUAD, Insurgency, Day of Infamy) some other titles)

- Military Simulation (ARMA franchise, and something more Realistic Military RTS like CoH series)

- FPS (CS series, Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty franchise?)

- TPS (Tom Clancy's franchise? But, not including the Siege (maybe), Wargaming game titles, War Thunder etc.)

- TPTS (Resident Evil series except the RE7 etc.)

- or maybe even MOBA-FPS/TPS (Overwatch, Paladins etc.) :P

And they're still develops till this end of the year- of course...

- Inch

• 3 weeks later...