Talons

Hello all!

Hey there! I started finally playing PR:BF2 online a couple days ago, something I held off too long. I made some mistakes a few of you already know of, I apologized and I am trying my best to improve my decision-making. I have a tremendous respect for veterans out there, and a tremendous respect for this community. I look forward to seeing you guys online :)

From now on I will make sure I go through the OODA loop thoroughly before pressing left mouse key. I will do the best I possibly can to prevent blue on blue.

• Upvote 7

You where in my squad yesterday and didn’t get booted out so I guess you did something correct

your a fun guy to play with and see ya next time. Feel free to join our teamspeak

• Upvote 6

:crigon_04: to the VETERANS-GAMING website. I cant wait to see you on the battlefield. Best of luck  !   :hi:               

=Ro=.Blizzard.

• Upvote 5

I played with you in Double squad yesterday. It was lots of fun and many laughs' were shared. I hope to see you on the battlefield later my friend (Hopefully next time with a better Squad Leader) XD.

• Upvote 6

Yeah, a good Squadleader can be helpful, but like yesterday - we had to take who was there :P

:lex_06:....................:vinsent:Game on. And, Welcome.

• Upvote 4

Welcome and thanks for the intro!

Differentiating from friendlies and enemies in PR is very challenging at first with all the various factions, and sometimes you can just assume that if they have a AK, they are a bad guy - but that won't work for every map.  Do your best to build up situational awareness by cross referencing the mini-map as best you can, and by learning the outfits and weapons carried by the bots.  And the botly ways they move can be a dead giveaway, too, once you learn what it looks like.  PRO TIP: Bots can't jump.  So if you every need someone to know you are not a bot, just jump a little so you rule out "botly movements", and hopefully not get shot in the ass by friendlies.

:drinks:

• Upvote 5

Thanks for joining the site and interest in being part of the community.

Acknowledging shortcomings and looking to improve is a sure sign of maturity when it comes to game play.

While many folks poop poop this, it is an integral part of becoming good at whatever one sets ones mind to.

Good luck and keep the faith.

You are in Awesome Company here at VG.

• Upvote 5

I am still far from where I want to be. Decision-making is getting a little bit better, I'll start keeping trigger finger on the side of the mouse to give a delay so that I observe longer to decide better to act better. I seem to preform best in a squad as a medic, so I think that is something I should work more on and perfect.

Talons

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Talons said:

I seem to preform best in a squad as a medic, so I think that is something I should work more on and perfect.

Great intuition!   I also started out as a medic (in pvp, but it's the same thing) and it's definitely one of the best starting roles in a squad for a newcomer to PR.  You get to focus on keeping track of your team members so you can keep them healed up, and it teaches you situational awareness by not having you ADS (aimed down sights) where you can get lost or lose intel of the immediate area around you and therefore finding yourself left behind, or worse.

The Squad Leader is the pivotal role in PR, so stick by him like you're his sidearm to keep him (and therefore your respawn point) alive.  You also get the benefit of being able to observe more than interact as the medic just like the Squad Leader does, and this gives you that time to watch and learn, and listen to what is going on around you.  Everywhere, you pick up little tips and nuggets of knowledge that will improve your game - from the intricacies of "cap range" to limitations of certain enemy vehicles (which you can use to your advantage), etc. etc.

I wish more Battlefield games were played with the squad/team based cooperation of PR - if that were the case, I would have bought BF1 (maybe)

• Upvote 6

Yeah, medic is a good kit to start with... but try to learn other roles like AT (Anti-Tank), MG (Machinegunner), Breacher... so when you join a squad that already have 2 medics you can fill other roles in your squad.

Try to learn how to:

• deduce distances so you can be accurate with HAT, LAT and Granadier
  • find good spots to lay down for some seconds so you can be efficient on where you "set up shop" with a machinegun
  • be quick and have response times so you can fast and deadly with the Breacher's shotgun or quickly rope overwalls so your squad can aslo be quick

And then when you get such an ammount of experience that you feel comfortable using anything try hosting a local server and play around with the vehicles so you can move to the next step, the best one: Armored Warfare Death from above and Transport

• Upvote 6

Welcome to Veterans Gaming Lad!

Hope you have a cracking time on this server, I know I am ;)

We have a whole team you can talk to on our teamspeak server, go check it out. everyone there is pretty much banter left right and centre.

I suggest playing PR while eating crumpets and drinking tea, demonstrates the theme intensively *Chuckles*

Anyways, have fun and see ya on the crumpet crusted battlefield :D

• Upvote 7

I've installed teamspeak and checked out the server a few days ago. First time I ever needed teamspeak, somehow. See you on there :)

• Upvote 3

TIP:  Assign a Push to Talk button if at all possible.... the voice activation detection can get rather annoying to others around you as anything comes across the mik (bumps, coughs, etc.).

also, feel free to mute ts3 when too much talking is going on while you are in a game trying to hear in-game comms like Mumble.  We all do it from time to time - but in between games, it's a great way to meet people and chat about stuff or for our Admins to discuss matters outside the game like map votes or rule issues.  In Falcon BMS, we use it to meet up before joining up on the server to fly, and some people use our TS3 just for hanging out.  Just like our PR Server, we keep it clean, and trolls last only about as long as a snowflake in hell.

• Upvote 2

On 12/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, Talons said:

I seem to preform best in a squad as a medic, so I think that is something I should work more on and perfect.

Talons

Interesting that every player mentions medic as preferred or best kit. I wonder if this is because they can heal themselfs or just wander around picking people of the floor.

(on deployment medic is often less prefered and grenadier / at picked quicker) 

I myself play mostly SL and from nearly all the kits available i like it the most because of the execution handgun 2 nades and 3 patches. This even thought the kit has no advantage on most maps cus you dont need to deploy RP as people can just spawn on you.

Other fav kits include (french/MEC/CA HAT) (Russian/MEC MG)  and the best of all ( GER CREWMAN WITH MP7 2 shot killing machine) 

11 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

trolls last only about as long as a snowflake in hell.

It must be cold as hell then on our server. Time to become even more salty to remove trolls. xD

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

It must be cold as hell then on our server. Time to become even more salty to remove trolls. xD

:scooby_02:
*sigh*  Idioms just don't translate... wait? was that an idiom?!  Basically, my statement means it's hot as hell on our TS3 server because trolls (being the snowflakes) disappear in mere instants.  You know how more than one person is quick to ban a music spammer, etc... Well, that's what I meant when I was saying that the OP would find our TS3 server more clean and better managed than many.

• Upvote 3

I like the medic kit, not because I can heal myself primarily, but because I am determined to make sure the squad I am in is still alive. 8 up better than 4 or none up; I do what I can to get them up as quick as I can, paying attention to my surroundings to make sure I am not down with them. I pay attention to my surroundings well and follow behind SL unless otherwise instructed not too. Put me in a squad with another medic, and I've seen that we can both get the squad up reasonably quick under pressure. Some rounds better than others, got a lot of stuff on my list that I don't want to repeat.

Talons.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Talons said:

Put me in a squad with another medic, and I've seen that we can both get the squad up reasonably quick under pressure

True words :hi: 

• Upvote 1

Pssst be a kick-ass HAT or LAT or MG or AR or Breacher... Either way if you work with the team you're going to be a champ. Or MVP. Etc.

Also I am reasonable with Med kit, pretty okay with other kits but as @Double pointed out not so good with the HAT kit. 

• Upvote 2

Would it be alright if I streamed PR:BF2 on YouTube? How do you guys feel about that? (Of course I read the rules).

• Upvote 1