• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

Falcon BMS Server Update: New Minimum Connection Bandwidth Requirement - Increased to 2048   12/10/2017

As of December 10th 2017, the Required Minimum Connection Bandwidth for all clients is now forced to 2048.  In addition, the former config entry denying potential P2P connection types has been removed.  Both of these changes are due to reports of increased server and client multiplayer stability, and we are hoping to see the same improvements here as well.  Please report anything unusual while playing in the coming week so we can asses the benefits of this change.  Thank you!
juanpablo

Introducing Myself

12 posts in this topic

Hello, all. I am a Falcon BMS player with a cumulative 1 (!) day of experience with the game. Obviously pretty new, but I heard from some guy that multi-player is best for learning, so here I am. Still have to get teamspeak set up and get the hang of how multi-player even works in the game, but I figured it would be better to post here now rather than later- I am rather shy, so if I put it off I'd probably never end up doing it at all :/

Welcome . Its unfortunate that a rare problem has made the bms server unavailable at this time but yes online is a good way to speed up learning the sim as long as you also do the reading. Plenty of people available to get you `online` through the initial hurdles.

Welcome to the Community. It is good to learn with others. Just as it is in the real world, that is what it is all about.

Good to know about the server issue.

1 hour ago, CobaltUK said:

Welcome . Its unfortunate that a rare problem has made the bms server unavailable at this time but yes online is a good way to speed up learning the sim as long as you also do the reading. Plenty of people available to get you `online` through the initial hurdles.

Thanks, good to know about the server issue. That would have really got me confused if I had tried to connect. In the meantime I suppose I'll keep doing my homework :). Certainly wouldn't want to end up being a liability.

Welcome to Veterans Gaming juanpablo .. enjoy the friendship of members

Welcome, always wanted to try BMS. I would like to get a joystick and few other things before I start to learn but I will get there. 
Love the feeling of just flying with friends in formation and fighting through missions together. Have fun learning ;)

Homework, reading, and flying with others often = max enjoyment

Welcome

Welcome:mr47_06:have fun flying here

Welcome to the server buddy!! I hope to see you on the battlefield.

-CNJ

Welcome and thanks for the intro!! :drinks:

BMS isn't just a sim, it's an adventure!  You start off with a few training missions then you find yourself hooked on learning the intricacies of these aircraft and putting them to use in huge 24/7 online wars like we host here, or huge force on force multiplayer kill sessions somewhere.  The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper - even on the hardware end like Badger up there and his home cockpit setup. ;) 

I'm trying to encourage people who are open for Q&A, or training sessions, to hang out in the Flight Training channel of our TeamSpeak 3 server so people can see when there are others available for this.  I'll be there from time to time as well, so find me if you want to discuss something, or even fly a multiplayer training mission on our server.  There's much to do on your own, but depending on how much time you can put in, you may breeze through it and find yourself online with others sooner than you think.

Study hard - watch videos - use CTRL+F in the BMS/Docs folder for things you don't know or odd brevity words.

See you around!