• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

VG Server Standard Maintenance & Updates - Thursday 0300 ZULU (Wednesday night for USA)   06/15/2018

All VG Game Servers including TS3 and Falcon BMS will be going down for standard maintenance and updates on Thursday June 21st at 0300 ZULU (which will be Wednesday evening in the USA).  Downtime is estimated to be 5 hours, but could be shorter (or longer) depending on a number of factors.  TS3 and Falcon BMS may be restored faster, and we may get these servers back online before moving on to other tasks.
MoonLilly

Hey yall

Well I guess I should introduce myself....

I am a long time gamer but New to this community. I actually found this place by accident while trying to find a veteran gaming group. With that being said let me tell y'all more about me.

I game under the tag Moonlilly or some form of the name. Y'all can call me Lilly or Moon or Moonlilly. I am a Navy veteran and also a gamer. You can usually find me on discord (not a fan of teamspeak), Neverwinter, or Starcraft 2. I am always looking for fellow players who play the same games.

Any questions, just ask.....

• Upvote 8

Welcome!  Nice to meet you!  :drinks: Do you play any military themed games?  We host a great cooperative Project Reality server (a free to play FPS), Arma 3, and a Falcon BMS server (F-16 multiplayer simulator) - many of us also play a lot of the free to play military games like War Thunder, World of Tanks, and Steel Ocean.

A question about discord:  For you, is it the user interface and the chat with drag and drop pics/videos that makes it more appealing than TS3, or is it something else?  TS3's own flaws perhaps - or the way certain groups run their TS3 servers poorly, maybe?

I hear a lot about discord, and I've used it a little myself, I just can't place why it seems to be sweeping the gaming communities as a VOIP replacement when it does basically the same thing but missing some of the plugins and functionality of TS3 (like ACRE for Arma 2/3, and overlays like Overwolf or TS3 Overlay, etc.)
:dntknw:

• Upvote 5

Hi everyone. I have been gaming since the days of Sega genesis. Everyone has to start somewhere right? I was looking for a community of gamers where the gamers have been gaming for a longer period of time instead of the last 5 years. I also used a bit of word play to toss my military service in there  (veteran gamer veteran military). I know I am dorky. 

As for FPS, I might be a little rusty. I haven't played since the days of Rainbow Six Vegas. I used to play Halo and Halo 2 when I was in service. Earned the name Iceprincess for a reason. 😁 I am looking to get back into FPS gaming.

As for discord, I find it is more user friendly then teamspeak. I can also run it on my phone while I am gaming or handling server issues (my own private server and my guild server for neverwinter) when I am away from my computer. Being a few guildies are Australian it makes it easier to communicate with the time difference. Most guilds I have been in use it also. I remember the days of Ventrillo. Yeah I am over 30 so I remember the old things.

Anymore questions, comments, or concerns?

• Upvote 6

Greetings & welcome to the community.

The Great Folks in our merry band are from all over the planet.

I am sure you will find a place and niche here as most games are regularly played here as a team effort and a collaborative experience.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, WCCBadploy said:

I am sure you will find a place and niche here as most games are regularly played here as a team effort and a collaborative experience.

And I dare to say that it is satisfying especially for practiced, mature player.  I think it is the  voluntary discipline of all age player on our servers

• Upvote 3

Hey everyone! Sorry work is kicking my butt. I downloaded Steel Ocean and Argo on steam. As soon as i get a chance I will check them out. Along with playing Neverwinter and starcraft2. Yeah yeah I play way too many games. I did see steam has one of my fave games Rainbow Six Vegas. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/1/2017 at 6:34 PM, Connorsponner01 said:

Playing too many games?! wut?! No such thing!! Play more!!

Welcome to the Community ;) Great one to be apart of! 

Let's see what am i currently running.... Starcraft 2, world of Warcraft, neverwinter, steel ocean, and KoA (King of Avalon) (Kia is a cell phone game). All this while managing real life stuff.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to mention I am also managing my own private discord server, helping to manage a new server, and also on like 4 other gaming servers.

On 1.11.2017 at 2:11 AM, =VG= kiwirambob said:

MoonLilly we have a VG Fleet in Steel Ocean

It took me a Day to get the skills to join a fleet. The first hour I thought my game is broke:9:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VG= Rotblut said:

It took me a Day to get the skills to join a fleet. The first hour I thought my game is broke:9:

I still need to finish the training lessons. Bah! I like just jumping into a game and getting ass kicked before I go through the training lessons lol. Yep totally did that in starcraft.