Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BMS 4.33 PC Requirements

D3FUZED

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

F4-BMS requires the following hardware:

• A pretty good computer with an up to date CPU and GPU
  • We recomend Win7 64bit
      Minimum System Requirements1 Recommended System Requirements1 It Rocks On1
    OS Win 72 Win 72 Win 72 (64bit) and US version if you want to use VAC (Voice Activation Control)
    CPU Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4800+ Core 2 Duo @ 2.2 GHz, AMD Athlon II X2/X4 or greater Intel C2D, C2Q, i5/7 2.4 GHz, AMD Phenom II X4, X6 or greater
    Memory 4 GB (Win7) 4 GB 4 GB or greater
    Video PCIE 512 MB DirectX 9.0c nVidia GeForce 8xxx series or higher; ATI Radeon 48xx or higher4 nVidia GeForce 275 or higher; ATI Radeon 57xx or higher4
    Sound Motherboard Sound OR Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible " "
    HD 8 GB free space " "
    Joystick DirectX compatible joystick Saitek, CH or Thrustmaster joystick + rudder pedals Thrustmaster Cougar w/ FCC or FSSB modification5 + rudder pedals & toe brakes
    View
    Control
    Keyboard/POV Hat
    or
    OpenTrack w/WebCam
    TrackIR 4 or 56 w/ TrackClip PRO TrackIR 4 or 56 w/ TrackClip PRO
    Software Falcon 4.07 " "

1 These requirements are merely broad recommendations. Actual performance may vary.
    2 Win 7 requires using the new Teamspeak-based Internal Voice Communications (IVC) or an external voice client for voice communications during Multi-player. Microsoft DX10 does not support DirectPlay & DirectPlayVoice. These two components are required for the older IVC that was in previous versions of Falcon.
    4 Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not directly supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported, but may still run.
    5 The FCC (Force Controlled Cougar) (by WhiteEagle) and FSSB (by RealSimulator) are force sensitive sensor modifications to replace the spring gimbals inside the TM Cougar stick. They better replicate the feel of the F-16 SSC (Side Stick Controller) and are highly recommended for the most accurate F-16 simulator experience.

6 NaturalPoint TrackIR is highly recommended due to BMS' fully interactive 3d cockpit. TrackClip PRO is recommended because it provides much better tracking and clips on to your headset (no hat required).
    7 The original Falcon 4.0 software is required to install Falcon BMS. During installation, the user can provide the location of the Falcon 4 installation.
    NOTE: BMS does NOT install over-top a clean F4 installation, it is completely separate in its own folder (or folder of the user's choosing).

Throughout its history, Falcon 4 has always demanded fast computer hardware. The same holds true today. With upgraded graphics options like shaders, post-processing effects, shader rendering effects like light, glass, shadow and rain effects, and enhancements to the terrain engine, Falcon BMS continues to require (or at least prefer) the latest computer hardware on the market. Hardware that ran previous versions of Falcon may not be able to run BMS to the same degree--especially with all the magic turned on.

*EDIT:  For online connection to the VG BMS Server located in Kansas USA, you must be able to achieve >=2048 Mbps Up/Down to Kansas with a Ping less than 300

If all that is good, and you want to get started, go buy Falcon 4.0 (often part of a collection, on Steam it's Falcon Collection) and install only Falcon 4.0 - then follow instructions to download and install Falcon BMS.  Due to it's age of 18 years, installation of the BMS mod for Falcon 4.0 requires specific instructions:
http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/BMS_Configuration_and_Setup

When I went onto the Steam store I searched for “Falcon Gold and it came up with the first picture. In the description of Falcon Gold its says that its and “...updated version of Falcon 3.0...”. Next I searched for Falcon 4.0 which is what I need to run Falcon BMS (Second picture). Lastly there is a package called Falcon Collection which contains; Falcon, Falcon 4.0, Falcon A.T and Falcon Gold. Which one shall I purchase? 

8C3EDD42-E0A4-4858-89AB-A5A1B55D5747.png

E1B98A2B-6F8E-46D1-8B36-D307C4CB2178.png

3870BE76-3CF8-44BD-9318-004D8026F39F.png

Yea, it was GOLD, now it's Collection.  Just get the Falcon Collection from Steam or Gog.com (*currently same price)

Now, you only need to install Falcon 4.0 which is part of that collection of games.  Hope you have enough hard drive space, PC games from the late 1990's took upwards of 600 MB  :tatice_03:

If it's cheaper to get Falcon 4.0 by itself, that's just fine (so long as it's not Falcon 4: Allied Force, because that won't work)
Any questions, feel free to ask.  Good luck!

Just FYI, this is a Study Sim -- it's the real deal, and piloting this sim aircraft won't happen overnight.  BUT you can jump right into a hot cockpit in the air in Instant Action to get familiar and have some fun!

The F-16 real life avionics data was declassified and therefore this simulator comes closer to real life operations than any other.  On top of getting a control scheme set up that you can work with (preferably as close to 1:1 approximation of the real F-16's flight stick and throttle buttons), you will need to teach yourself everything from powering up the jet to understanding the various screens and MFD pages, combat modes, navigation procedures, basic fighter maneuvers, brevity words (i.e. Winchester; Bingo; FLOT; Buddy Spike; etc.) and then eventually weapons training where each weapon system is a rabbit hole in and of itself.

The sim includes many training missions, and between them, after a certain point, we can train a little bit together with our friends online - but mostly, there's a LOT of homework.

Merely wanted to prepare you for the difference between a PC game and a simulator such as this - anyone willing to put in the time to read, watch some videos, and follow the offline training missions is more than capable of learning the F-16 in this sim - but some of us do make it look easy on the surface, and it would be unfair for me to not mention the weeks it will take before you will feel confident to take combat actions in the bird when instructed (i.e. Fence In; Music On; Clear to Engage Ground Targets; Engage Bandit at BULLSEYE 340 for 8 miles; Clear to land on ILS Runway 18; etc.).

Best of luck with the initial technical setup and config - again, any questions, feel free to ask! :drinks:

• Upvote 1

I always love a challange especially if it has something to do with aircrafts. I am studying to be a pilot so I have countless hours in super realistic sims like FSX and P3D. I have invested hudreds of dollars to make these sims as realistic as possible for example spending $90 on an in-game aircraft which was approved by Boeing. I use realistic flight planning software so basically I like to do everything as realitic as possible. i have been flying in these sims for about 3 years now. 

I currently own a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and a Saitek Switch Panel so I will configure these in-game. I am looking to invest into maybe something more serious like a Saitek x56 H.O.T.A.S as my Logitech is getting quite old. 

By the way is there a =VG= Falcon BMS training program? If there is, is there any way I could join? It would be really fun to train with you guys in a serious flying enviroment. 

Thanks once again for the help and I hope to see you in the skys soon. 

D3FUZED

• Upvote 1

Perfect!  It really helps that you are already a sim-pilot with navigation experience, etc.  This will cut the learning curve in half for you, or more.  Once you get installed and configured, refer to the Docs folder in the BMS programs folder, it includes checklists and charts, and manuals including the Training Manual which corresponds to the in-game Training Missions found under Tactical Engagement (Training)

2 minutes ago, D3FUZED said:

By the way is there a =VG= Falcon BMS training program?

No, we do not have an official structured training curriculum for BMS here at VG, but personally I am willing to give private lessons to interested pilots here.  I'm currently working with Kavelenko and have no problem taking on another (especially considering that you have previous flight sim experience).  I follow a lesson plan I drew up for myself over 6 years ago, and combined with the in-game lessons and materials, I feel it works very well (though I've been considering updating it due to the removal of tone example sounds in the Tactical Reference of BMS 4.33).

I'm USA PST - My normal flight times online here are 1700-2300 ZULU -- sometimes I fly later, but I won't be doing training flights after 2300 ZULU

• Upvote 2

I’ll be sure to check out the Docs folder after installing the game.

I think 1700-2300 Zulu works for me on weekends, maybe we could try and arrange something this weekend if your free. I’ll try and buy Falcon Collection on Friday and then have everything ready by Saturday. I’ve got a week off school from the 28th of October till the 5th of November so i’ll be free most of the time between that period. 

Hi D3FUZED,

Welcome to the world of BMS 4.33. speaking from a noob's perspective I can confirm that it is not easy to learn, unless you fly F-16s for a living. SemlerPDX has been a great trainer and I appreciate the time and information he has put in to get me on my feet. There are a few pilots Static, Jeffu, CobaltUK, etc here on the forums too who have been really helpful with any questions I have had regarding specific issues.

SemlerPDX gave me the rampstart vid too which was great and I used the manuals specifically the BMS-Training.pdf found in the directory:

C:\Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Docs\Falcon BMS Manuals

There are a heap of tutorials online many of them are recent so there are more people becoming interested in BMS.

I'd like to see a "Virtual" flight school start too where we can go through specific exercises online and tick them off as achievements and progress in a systematic fashion.

BTW I bought Falcon 4.0 for $6.99 that's all you need to install BMS 4.33

• Upvote 2