Luisitoo

mumble problem

any of you know how to deal with mumble not connecting to the server, because this is what im getting everytime i try to connect to a server. any help will be appreciated. 

mumble problem.png

• Upvote 1

From Reddit:

[–]MineralWouterDeveloper 2 points  

Make sure no firewall is blocking the connection of Mumble. Also, open the pr launcher, go to the mumble tab and open mumble manually. then go to settings and make sure you have a input and output device selected that works.

Can you try downloading normal mumble http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page and see if that works? PR Mumble is based on the Mumble API(voice program like Teamspeak or Skype) so if the normal mumble works then it means it's specific to PR mumble, if it doesn't work on normal mumble then you have to look into troubleshooting connection issues with mumble.

Keep an eye on this thread as well where our main support guy can help you out even better: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/134930-mumble-connection-failed.html

and this one http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/134928-mumble-failed-launch.html

[–]SoloWingPixy1 1 point  

Have you tried restarting the mumble client by closing it in the system tray? It automatically restarts. You do this after joining a game and then Alt-Tabbing out.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

i tried doing that and i allowed "project reality mumble'' to communicate thru firewall, and downloaded the normal one, still this is what i got, its not letting me connect, and my connection is fine i tried restarting it, doesnt help it either  mumble problem again.png

I would say you've done something wrong by fiddling with that mumble interface. Here's a quick fix that is real easy.

Go to the Launcher, under options, click on global and reset profiles.

relaunch the game and see if that works.

00_1889.jpg

• Upvote 1

The only other problem I know about is when there is a restriction because of the user's IP address, I know some Russian players have problems. Anyone know about that?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Make sure no firewall is blocking the connection of Mumble

it could also be a routerfirewall ... try to temporarily disable both. if you can connect then you have to put in both firewalls rules for mumble. but do not forget to turn BOTH back on when you're done.
  • Upvote 1

Ok so its been a long time since this thread, as it turns out its the country where i live in currently (Dubai) has blocked all VOIPs including Mumble.... apparently it doesnt have TRAs approval...

you guys know any free VPNs that isnt banned here in Dubai?

44 minutes ago, Luisitoo said:

Ok so its been a long time since this thread, as it turns out its the country where i live in currently (Dubai) has blocked all VOIPs including Mumble.... apparently it doesnt have TRAs approval...

you guys know any free VPNs that isnt banned here in Dubai?

i realy don't know what the f is wrong with this countries lol because my country blocking me sometimes and i have some problems stay online on VG more than 30m non stop... WE ARE PLAYING A GAME YOU FREEKING A%%OLESSSSSSSSSSS                                                                  lol sorry 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Ok so i just had my first round with PR and oh boy ive been fucking missing the fun. also thanks for that compliment <3 @Vanillapop

you can lock this thread now.

You only porting the mumble over the VPN? If so I think 5GB might be sufficient for few days. 

The main tip would be to get a premium VPN. With your current VPN you should be able to acccess all the blocked VPN sites and buy/download the product. 

that originally what i planned, thing is idk how to do it.

well i cant buy a premium VPN right now as i dont have the money too, im just a 15 lol.

cant use my dads credit card either so im stuck with this what i have right now o o f

you can use "glasswire" to monitor the consumption of mumble ...

https://www.glasswire.com/
this is actually a firewall, but it also shows pretty well what the program does on the internet and which servers it connects to. Furthermore, it is very easy to block other programs during this, so they will not steal your traffic.

ill try to use that, but im not using the VPN client that limits me to 5GB anymore, im using proton VPN its the only one that isnt blocked here and im using a 1 week trial of their full version which is doing a great job, im only using a VPN specifically for mumble lol

good thing is they have no monthly data limits

https://www.mumble.com/support/how-to-disable-quality-of-service.php

I have little idea of QoS but it is directly related to Voip...maybe this could help.

if it should help please post here because it could also help people like ranger to get their mumble problems under control.

I mainly use CyberGhost. I know ranger fixed all his connection issues by using it (Algeria).

some VPN client tools do allow only specific apps to use the VPN while the others will not use it. While this should be possible I don’t know how the link between mumble and PR will hold

5GB of data for gaming is not much I think you can burn through it in 1 hour with modern games, I have no clue what PR would consume