Luisitoo

mumble problem

7 posts in this topic

any of you know how to deal with mumble not connecting to the server, because this is what im getting everytime i try to connect to a server. any help will be appreciated. 

mumble problem.png

From Reddit:

[–]MineralWouterDeveloper 2 points  

Make sure no firewall is blocking the connection of Mumble. Also, open the pr launcher, go to the mumble tab and open mumble manually. then go to settings and make sure you have a input and output device selected that works.

Can you try downloading normal mumble http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page and see if that works? PR Mumble is based on the Mumble API(voice program like Teamspeak or Skype) so if the normal mumble works then it means it's specific to PR mumble, if it doesn't work on normal mumble then you have to look into troubleshooting connection issues with mumble.

Keep an eye on this thread as well where our main support guy can help you out even better: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/134930-mumble-connection-failed.html

and this one http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/134928-mumble-failed-launch.html

[–]SoloWingPixy1 1 point  

Have you tried restarting the mumble client by closing it in the system tray? It automatically restarts. You do this after joining a game and then Alt-Tabbing out.

17 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

i tried doing that and i allowed "project reality mumble'' to communicate thru firewall, and downloaded the normal one, still this is what i got, its not letting me connect, and my connection is fine i tried restarting it, doesnt help it either  mumble problem again.png

and do i have to put the server address? because it doesnt connect me to the server automatically 

I would say you've done something wrong by fiddling with that mumble interface. Here's a quick fix that is real easy.

Go to the Launcher, under options, click on global and reset profiles.

relaunch the game and see if that works.

00_1889.jpg

The only other problem I know about is when there is a restriction because of the user's IP address, I know some Russian players have problems. Anyone know about that?

19 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Make sure no firewall is blocking the connection of Mumble

it could also be a routerfirewall ... try to temporarily disable both. if you can connect then you have to put in both firewalls rules for mumble. but do not forget to turn BOTH back on when you're done.