Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Event 11.11.2017

TEDF

1. Squad sizes depend on how many people shows up. If its around 20, I'd suggest having 4 five man squads rather than 2 8 man squads.

2. Theres a commander slot open If anyone has a plan and wants to be in lead, feel free to post up.

3. Kits will be standard modern GB rifles. Heavy ATs and AAs are disabled. TOWs and Stinger emplacements are disabled.

4. Kit limitations are same as on the regular server.

I'll put up a banner and ingame auto posts about the event later today.

• Upvote 3

Ok thanks TEDF,

I'll be there to lead Alpha Group,

I'll try and organize or at least get players to commit to the event. Its added incentive if they know that the group is relying on them they tend to turn up.

Randoms of course will be more than welcome to fill the gaps if we get AWOLs. Also I'm sure someone can lead a squad if needed.

• Upvote 1

So my normal default kits for Alpha Group fighting on Goose Green would be:

1. Officer Kit
  2. Medic 1
  3. Medic 2
  4. Breacher
  5. Automatic Rifleman
  6. Rifleman/LAT
  7. Grenadier
  8. Rifleman/HAT

If we cut that back to 5 man squad i guess we go with:

1. Officer Kit
  2. Medic 1
  3. Engineer (for digging FOBs)
  4. Automatic Rifleman
  5. Rifleman/LAT

@Double_13 You could try that poll idea to see if that works but some guys are not members of this forum.

There won't be any signups for the event = no poll or similar (except commander). It will only confuse people who haven't joined previously to think that the event is for "members" only.

Everyone is free to join the event and squads will be managed prior to start to give everyone fair chance of joining the squad they wish and to avoid the usual OP squad that we always have issues with (=No locked squads / kicking randoms). On both maps, team has enough time to sort out the kits and people in the beginning. On first map, there's no time limit, so take your time before you head out with boats. 

• Upvote 2

@=VG= Kavelenko

Well ted doesn’t seem to want the poll and it is not my post so I won’t make it. The poll was not to HAVE to sign up but more a simple way to see who is joining but like I said not my call.

i shall inform the ruskies about the event but I doubt many will join due to server/staff related events. 

8 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

We need to get this event out there on the server and invite new players to join in, its more fun if we get a full server for these events.

What are the suggested numbers for each squad?

Also do we have a detailed battle plan other than what's here and what weapons kits are we able to use?

Are there squad limitations on kits for example?

I will update the in game Message of the Day with a promo for the event. I will also put up an announcement here at the website linking to this thread.

I've already added it to the calendar here, but it's not used and not pinned to the home page.. I might find a space for it above the chat.

Kav and I were talking about hosting weekly training events for various games, not just PR, and the calendar would help with that. 

Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic.. We'll get some active promotion going for this event.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

There won't be any signups for the event = no poll or similar (except commander). It will only confuse people who haven't joined previously to think that the event is for "members" only.

Everyone is free to join the event and squads will be managed prior to start to give everyone fair chance of joining the squad they wish and to avoid the usual OP squad that we always have issues with (=No locked squads / kicking randoms). On both maps, team has enough time to sort out the kits and people in the beginning. On first map, there's no time limit, so take your time before you head out with boats. 

Ok no problem, I can see what your intentions are for the event. I've already started recruiting players to come and play so Semler's idea to promote the event will help to point people in the right direction.

If the event is primarily about getting more new players involved can I suggest that the password is definitely up on the page for those who do not use Team Speak or don't have mics?

• Upvote 2

Announcement added here to website, upcoming calendar events added to home page (which would be an easy place for people to comment "I'll be there"), PR COOP TS3 Channel Description, and in-game MOTD updated, I assume it will go live on next server restart or maybe next mission load:

"WELCOME! Join us November 11th 2017 for a Public PR COOP Event! Details at VETERANS-GAMING.COM"

edit: when I updated the server just now, I did a mumble test with Kenji (who was in TS3) - before I left, I asked "you gonna be at the Event?" and he hadn't heard of it.  Like Kav said, so many don't come to the website, so when you're playing, ask your friends and the people you play with if they are going to attend - if they've not heard of it, it's a good chance to direct them here to the website.  I'm sure more than one will be impressed with the Mission Briefing that TEDF has prepared and we'll get more people joining it if we hype it a bit in-game over the coming weeks.
:hi:

• Upvote 2

Players I've talked to about coming to the event.

• Golakka (probably bring a few players from GI)
  • BManz would like to lead a squad
  • N. Jackson
  • Daniel75
  • D3FUZED
  • vanillapop
  • :H8: Doc.Moon
  • necrodude
  • Tutorial_Commander

@TEDF What is the maximum number of players we can host on the server?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

I'd like to keep it at 30 players max so I can add in some additional bots if needed.

Ok that gives me a target to aim for,

Golakka from GI wanted to know whether they could play together I said I'd find out but I told him that intention of the event was to include all players and resist creating OP squads leaving the rest of the team unbalanced.

1 hour ago, Nibbles_McAwesome said:

Hey guys,

Event sounds great! I'm afraid I won't be able to attend due to other obligations. [GI] will be attending though, under leadership of [GI] Goiakka. We are expecting a great turn-out from our part.

I hope you guys have a great time!

~ Nibs

Hey Nibbles,

Read my post man, I told Golakka this is not a clan versus clan event, its about the players who play on the VG server so you're guys better be prepared to not play together.

7 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Hey Nibbles,

Read my post man, I told Golakka this is not a clan versus clan event, its about the players who play on the VG server so you're guys better be prepared to not play together.

Must have missed it when I posted yesterday. But read and understood.

Either way, Golakka has been asking around and assembling a team of [GI] and everyone is revved up for the event seeing that we haven't been able to participate in any of them so far.  I understand the necessity of having to balance the game, so I'll let the boys know what to expect.

~ Nibs

• Upvote 1

Well for lol we could scramble the squads before hand using some fancy software.

this prevents the creation of OP squads solely because they load up faster or wait with making a squad until the randoms are assigned. 

This is the only true way making random squads as one might put in a squad the never played with. This would be good as the player will have to interact with the people and so getting to know each other. However it will be hard to accomplish as not everybody reads the stuff.

The idea behind random squads is to get people to meet and play with others who they usually don't play with on vanilla matches. This would be a great way to have less experienced players learn from the veterans and people to get to know each other a bit more. I know it's more fun to play with your usual crew and I'm not going to micromanage the squads or start warning people for stacking up in one, but I do encourage you guys to split up and mix the squads. 

Veterans who don't wish to lead, don't join your favourite squad leader right away. Wait a few minutes for others to join up and then take the leftover spaces. If you see your squad is getting stacked, make the sacrifice and join the squad that has less experienced players. Let's try to make completely mixed squads with people who usually don't play together. VG guys, mix up with GI people and vice versa, for example. Don't kick randoms who start asking questions. Take your time to answer them. Don't kick people from your squads just because you are waiting for someone else to join. 

• Upvote 3

Download is up.

Click Here !

Extract the content into your PR levels folder, default location at program files (x86)/Project reality/Project Reality BF2/Mods/PR/Levels

Run the game and check if the map shows up on your local map list. Also check the online server list. If the Event server isn't red, then your map is installed correctly.

countdown.html?year=2017&month=11&date=1

2 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Ted what time we have it is it with or without the daylight savings adjustment topic or nah xD

We'll continue going with the PRT time, which you can check HERE . For whatever reason, they decided to start using daylight savings after 12 tournaments of not doing it. 

There's still discussion about wether they should continue using it or not, so if anything changes, I'll let you guys know.