Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality: v1.4.17.0: How to laze targets in PR

=VG= Kavelenko

Nice video Kav.

Just one point (correct me if I'm wrong) but you need to set the distance first then call in the Airstrike. This creates a yellow marker for CAS to see on the map. If you don't the game corrects you and says "You need to set the distance..."

However, Its not required as CAS can lock on to the Laze either way but it really helps! It allows them to pinpoint exactly where the laze is, this can also apply to setting a spot marker or calling in an Area Attack.

Also, it goes without saying, communication with the CAS squad leader is key. Avoids accidental lazes and teamkills...

------------------------

Putting it simply;

1.Use GLTD

2.Find Range by left clicking (Also sets the Laze)

3.Set Range using the "commo rose"

4.Call in CAS / Set marker (Spot) / Area Attack using the "commo rose"

-----------------------

@=VG= Kavelenko If you are free sometime, do you want to work on an Area Attack video with me? We can get both the squad leader and commander perspectives.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Nice video Kav.

Just one point (correct me if I'm wrong) but you need to set the distance first then call in the Airstrike. This creates a yellow marker for CAS to see on the map. If you don't the game corrects you and says "You need to set the distance..."

However, Its not required as CAS can lock on to the Laze either way but it really helps! It allows them to pinpoint exactly where the laze is, this can also apply to setting a spot marker or calling in an Area Attack.

Also, it goes without saying, communication with the CAS squad leader is key. Avoids accidental lazes and teamkills...

------------------------

Putting it simply;

1.Use GLTD

2.Find Range by left clicking (Also sets the Laze)

3.Set Range using the "commo rose"

4.Call in CAS / Set marker (Spot) / Area Attack using the "commo rose"

-----------------------

@=VG= Kavelenko If you are free sometime, do you want to work on an Area Attack video with me? We can get both the squad leader and commander perspectives.

Hi Blazer,

Yeah that's a good point actually about setting the distance especially for stationary targets. Most of my targets are moving so I don't usually use that function but its a good call to include the extra marker for CAS, it all helps. When you've got an angry AAV bearing down on you, it takes me all my time to get a lase to stick without exposing myself to a range call. I would have liked to gotten more footage from the gunner's perspective to round that tute off as well.

----------------------

@=VG= Kavelenko If you are free sometime, do you want to work on an Area Attack video with me? We can get both the squad leader and commander perspectives.

Sure thing just let me know what time you want to do it.

• Upvote 2

the set distance will not matter as its coop the marker will disappear in a sec unlike deployment 

Good vid lazing is quite handy but only 1 or 2 people should provide laze support or else the bombs go yeee.

For a pilot you might not always see the laze as it might be behind a hill or game is been a dick. 

7 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

the set distance will not matter as its coop the marker will disappear in a sec unlike deployment 

Good vid lazing is quite handy but only 1 or 2 people should provide laze support or else the bombs go yeee.

For a pilot you might not always see the laze as it might be behind a hill or game is been a dick. 

Yeah that's true about more than one guy lazing screws everything and causes confusion for CAS. We might get an initial rush of players lazing the crap out of everything but hopefully it doesn't become a problem.

I really wanted some more footage from the gunner's perspective so that players can see what it is they are looking for when the targetting system locks on to the laze. I've had so many noobs saying they cannot see the laze, and boom we get shot down. The Apache has a different symbology on the HUD to something like the Russian Havoc, or the Cobra for that matter.

I just realised that my video is incorrectly labelled, it should be:

1. LG (Laser Guided - Press 3) are the missiles we use to guide them "manually" to the target - left click again to adjust the track to target
  2. LT (Laser Targeted - Press 4) are the missiles we use to lock onto a lased target.

In the video you can see the HUD shows LT when I am locking to lased targets and LG when I'm doing it "manually". With the targets across the bridge the first one I used LG to take it down, there's a left click to adjust the missile's path due to movement. The last target you'll see keed lase the AAV, I switch back to LT and fire immediately. That missile just shoots off high and right, then we get missile lock and that final shot tracks to the target dead on in the middle of the circular recticle. Some people are not aware that you need to wait until you see or hear the "Missile Locked" alert before firing.

I'll need to fix the annotation for this video. Done.