Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Squad

DirtyDevil69

Is veterans gaming planning on spreading into Squad? I was a huge fan of the PR server and i would definitely apply for Admin if a squad server is created. I played on VG PR for about a year and a half to maybe 2 years. I dont follow the Forums as often as i should as im too busy with work now that im working a 3rd shift job, but i was curious.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for the delay this month has been super crazy for me.

And I thought I responded but it did not save/transmit on my phone.

As of right now we are not looking at hosting a squad server due to lack of interest. We were looking at our return of investment for having a dedicated squad server and noted that Although we do have several people that play, We don't have the capacity of hosting at the moment from an administratively point of view . This may change, But I feel like most of our efforts are in other games at the moment. 

Hope this helps,

M8

Missed this one - wasn't ignoring you.  Glad you bumped it.

We had considered running a Squad Server, and many of us discussed it.  It may happen one day, but we have no current plans to open a PvP Squad server at VG, besides that, it's still in Early Access and until it comes out (was supposed to be out in Q2 2017) we won't be hosting it.  Those of us who will enjoy playing it will likely group up on other servers like we do now with PR Deployment mode.  It's not easy to run a server - it requires people to populate it, and that won't happen if there aren't admins to admin it.  Personally, I've been trying to grow the VG BMS Server, but I have a disability and managing it is a full time job.  We also wanted to grow our Arma 3 server(s) which have some pretty solid and entertaining game modes running right now.  Problem is, we don't have the admins - so we don't have the people.

Sure, in a way it's a "chicken and egg" thing, whichever comes first is going to precede the next, but it requires sustained momentum and more than one or two dedicated people.  It takes a small group.  We'll support anyone who wants to do that, but I've seen it come and go here many times in my time -- Insurgency Standalone; ARK; Minecraft; SWAT; etc...   when a server looks new and shiny and then falls off the radar.  Dedication is key.

Also, in my notes here on Squad, I have a few of the fairly strict license terms flagged for later and I'll post them here to help make my point (again, we'll host Squad and support anyone here who wants to put in the work, but they will need to be serious and stick with their "baby" until it has it's own legs under it)

~ Licensed servers must have enough active admins to properly run the server to maintain the integrity of the community and the server itself. [UPDATED 14 August 2017]

~ Admins should be active in the Game Server Feedback section in the Squad forums. Admins should actively investigate, and address any reasonable concerns or complaints posted for the attention of their server. Failure to maintain contact information and server rules within the official Squad forums is grounds to have your license removed. [UPDATED 14 August 2017]

~ Admins are present to enforce the server rules. The priority is to maintain high quality gameplay and good teamwork for the benefit of all players. They retain the right to act accordingly to any undefined disruptive behavior within the confines of the server administration guidelines.

^Applying for a license is like PR, it's very strict and licenses will be revoked if they don't follow this agreement - above are just 3 examples of where we might not be able to host a Squad server successfully.

• Upvote 2

Funny you should mention Squad.

I saw this video just now (his footage is made on our server). He makes a solid comparison between Squad and Project Reality.

Honestly, I am just waiting on the heavier assets to be released before I jump back into Squad. Think many here will agree.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Funny you should mention Squad.

I saw this video just now (his footage is made on our server). He makes a solid comparison between Squad and Project Reality.

Honestly, I am just waiting on the heavier assets to be released before I jump back into Squad. Think many here will agree.

@timestamp 14.20 the thingy with the compass and the deviation on top of the triangle ......... never noticed :huh:

• Upvote 2

There is a youtube video that was released on the 14th of October this year that demonstrates the differences and simularities of PR and Squad.

Currently there is about 14K views on that video as of the date of this post. (Could explain how there are a few new players coming on our server)

Best thing of all, The creator of the video has used the VG Coop Server for some of the footage in the video. I3RY4N and Blizzard was one of the few that were shown on the video, lol.

So.... here is the video:

• Upvote 4

I was reading some of the comments about Squad on steam and some players are leaving the game due to the screen freezes which seem to plague the game. Don't know whether its a huge issue or not because I don't have it but sounds like they need to fix that before they add more heavy assets otherwise it will be unplayable.

Squad looks nicer than PR but as we all know its not always about the aesthetics sometimes; for me, its the gaming community and mates that keeps you coming back to PR.

• Upvote 2

I have never had any screen freezes with Squad since I had it.  It's also getting updated every couple of months with new maps and vehicles.  I see Squad as PR on steroids and think it's much better graphics and game play wise.  I like that it uses the same type of team approach as PR when it comes to building FOBs, bags, equipment, etc.   Every couple months it also goes on sale.  I got it for $25 earlier in the year.  I would highly recommend the game for Vet Gaming.

• Upvote 3

On my machine it also runs not smooth. 

System Information
------------------
  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (10.0.15063)
  Architecture: 64-Bit
  Current Culture: German (Germany)
  Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA790XT-UD4P
  Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (Physical: 4, Logical: 4)
  Memory: 10,00 GB
  DIMM Modules: A0: 8,00 GB @ 1333 MHz
  A1: 2,00 GB @ 1333 MHz
  Page File: 10,00 GB
   .NET Framework: 4.6+ Release Build: 460798, Runtime: 4.0.30319.42000

Display Information
   -------------------
   Display Device(s): Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
   Display Mode(s): 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) @ 60 Hz
   Driver Version: 22.21.13.8569 (385.69)
   Display Memory: 2,00 GB
   Multisampling: 2, 4, 8
   DPI: 96 (100%)

Is my machine so bad that it can run this game smooth? Or is it about my AMD Processors?

Hey Maverick that's good to hear perhaps it was just one guy having an under spec machine?

At the moment there isn't the player interest in Squad to justify hosting VG server, as Semler posted in the thread below it takes a lot of dedication and time to keep something like that running.

31 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Is my machine so bad that it can run this game smooth? Or is it about my AMD Processors?

Oh yeah another reason is that PR can be run on low spec machines, I've installed Arma3 on my machine and it freezes and is virtually unplayable for me, so I'm not inclined to download Squad until I upgrade which wont be happening anytime soon. :)

Cut and paste from Steam:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 35 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: A teamwork oriented mindset
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 10 (x64)
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 35 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: A microphone

8 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

@timestamp 14.20 the thingy with the compass and the deviation on top of the triangle ......... never noticed :huh:

2 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

I'll be honest... I never noticed either!

Ah come on guys, really? that's been out for ages.

• Upvote 1

Nano is also wrong about the reason why you die when you hop in a Heli without a pilot kit too. If the rcon commands were enabled on the server, you could jump into any vehicle including the enemy's by disabling that feature with

RCON Oneman

RCON Onefaction

Try it in a local server. As for the 8 man limitation Melon may be able to confirm that one.

3 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Sausag3, I mentioned this video recently in another thread! :tatice_03:

Might be best of we merge this with Dirty Devil's thread? 

Wow, didn’t know you posted that on the other thread.  Lol

And yeah might aswell merge it as it goes within the Squad topic

7 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Sausag3, I mentioned this video recently in another thread! :tatice_03:

Might be best of we merge this with Dirty Devil's thread? 

4 hours ago, Sausag3 said:

Wow, didn’t know you posted that on the other thread.  Lol

And yeah might aswell merge it as it goes within the Squad topic

/merged

16 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

YES - your AMD Processor is ready to be melted down for the gold inside.  In just over a month, there will be some great sales on PC parts (Cyber Monday in November) and you may be able to get yourself a new CPU/Motherboard/RAM combo that will be ready for the future!  You do not need to go crazy and get the most powerful - even something like I have (2 years old) is still capable of running most modern games on High or Ultra High graphics settings.

An Intel CPU from the 4600-4700 generation would be much, much faster than your current AMD, and can run modern games - and because it is a generation or more behind, it is more affordable than the current Intel generation of CPU's.  This also means that Motherboards supporting that CPU will be affordable as they try to sell their remaining stock.  And RAM should never be too expensive, just be sure you are upgrading to DDR3 and/or get the correct type for your new MoBo.  Budget for a new CPU cooler, as well.

When you can afford it, upgrade that GFX card to anything from the GTX 970 to modern cards based on what you can afford... Remember, they will last you many, many years.  How long have you had your last PC?  Expect your new parts to last that long.  REMEMBER:  You can re-use EVERYTHING!  The case, power supply, drives, screws, cables, monitors.. everything except your current CPU cooler should transfer over for a huge $$ savings.

• Upvote 1

Motherboard and CPU is from 2010. But you pretty right Semler. New Motherboard and new PCU would be better.

I did not invest more money last years for one reason. The variety of games i like. I'm strictly against the newer BF series (3+).  No ModSuppoort - no money from me.

All games that i play (except SQUAD) runs fine.

ArmA2/3 runs finem League of Legends runs fine, PR runs fine ............ I still wait for my game that fits to me.

• Upvote 1

My system specs are:

I7 4790K OC'd 4.4

Nvidia GTX1070 8gb  Video

12 gig ram

dual SSD 250gig  HD

Creative Soundblaster Z sound card

MSI Gaming Z87 mobo

Windows 10

Cooler Master 690II full tower case

27" AOC Monitor

22" Viewsonic touch screen

Going from an AMD 955 to the I7, HD 7970 to GTX1070 and SSD's made a huuuuge difference.

• Upvote 1