6 posts in this topic

Great manual Static, I wonder how accurate BMS is to the VTOL and landing specs?

i have no idea how realistic it is - i can say this though ---- if you ever see a Harrier land in front of (You Wont)   it is nothing short of a miracle that the engineers could do this.  there are 4 nozzles the 2 front nozzles are cold air and the two aft are hot

Nice pictures man. I've always wondered about the harrier. 

Keep it up my friend,

Jon

In the 80 and 90's: U.S. Marine AV-8B's from Cherry Point NC flew tactical demos during the MAGTAF combat demonstrations at El Toro MCAS in Irvine California. It was bad to the foxtrot bone to watch an element NOE inbound then, at 1 mile (give or take) pop up and 45 degrees L/R of the enemy ground target, all the way up to (about) 1000 feet then underhand roll 225 degrees back lowering the nose onto the target to pickle off a world of hurt on the bad guys - then high rate jink up/off/away  Chaff/flares in trail.

The solo Harrier would fly a full flight envelope demo including a vertical takeoff and landing. The entire spectator flight line would cover their ears, stand in awe, then clap and cheer like hell - because nobody could match that level of pilot skill. 

USMC Harriers are no more.

USMC El Toro MCAS is no more.

4 hours ago, Asp said:

In the 80 and 90's: U.S. Marine AV-8B's from Cherry Point NC flew tactical demos during the MAGTAF combat demonstrations at El Toro MCAS in Irvine California. It was bad to the foxtrot bone to watch an element NOE inbound then, at 1 mile (give or take) pop up and 45 degrees L/R of the enemy ground target, all the way up to (about) 1000 feet then underhand roll 225 degrees back lowering the nose onto the target to pickle off a world of hurt on the bad guys - then high rate jink up/off/away  Chaff/flares in trail.

The solo Harrier would fly a full flight envelope demo including a vertical takeoff and landing. The entire spectator flight line would cover their ears, stand in awe, then clap and cheer like hell - because nobody could match that level of pilot skill. 

USMC Harriers are no more.

USMC El Toro MCAS is no more.

Wow!  Just.. wow!