Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Assistance with a few things :D

Melwin

Ok so I made this topic to get assistance with my skills in the PR game

1 - I am good at flying jets,no problem,just a few errors and accuracy problems while dropping bombs

2 -APC and Tanks are not a problem

3 -Helis....well,I am able to take-off and land with the helicopters having the mechanism of jumping forward at take-off

The ones that don't,well expect me crash in 30s or 60s at most

Also maneuvering is a huge issue for me in Helicopters,

I take a sharp turn,I crash

I try to interfere with the nosing with my mouse,I crash

I try to turn slowly,expect me to go out of bounds and crash/die

So I need huge help for that

4 -  I also need help identifying my enemies

Whenever I go into bots mode and I see a bot around me,I am like "That is a freindly"

Then I open up the map to double check,and I am probably dead by that moment

So I need help identifying my enemies
I cannot check their camo over huge distances

Map...well I will probably be dead
Also I am very confused whenever I see a guy,I am not that good at spotting camo differences because I never ever needed that skill in other games :P

Also I don't know if I have posted this in the right section or not :P

• Upvote 3

4. The best way, for me atleast, to identify if the target is friend or foe is by taking a look at the weapon. Each faction has their distinctive weapons that make them super easy to identify (us m4s, MEC g3s, russians aks etc.) 

Also each faction has their own unique uniforms. Just takes a bit time and practice to remember them all.

On insurgent syle maps like iron ridge where both sides have same weaponry, its best to check the helmets. All bluefor units have a helmets, but opfor usually sports bandanas and shemaghs instead.

• Upvote 6

I hope you remember me from the multiple times we have played together.

Flying aircraft in Project Reality can be very challenging for even players who have been playing for months due to the different mechanics and asset/ game rules. The game offers a wide variety of jets and helicopters all sporting unique control traits( speed/ yaw/ weapons loadout etc.) and it takes a healthy amount of playtime to be able to master each aircraft properly. If you would like to learn how to operate helicopters/jets without being banned for asset waste. I suggest you follow these steps: 

1) Start a local coop game for yourself where you can crash and burn to your content until you are able to properly grasp control of your aircraft which include taking off and landing without crashing .

2) When you have practiced to the point you wont crash yourself while performing simple flight manuevers, start off flying with trans squads on online servers. Learn the Anti Air locations and safe dropzones for infantry squads on each map and soon you will be able to fly more naturally without going up in flames every 5 mins .

3) Finally when you have done the first 2 steps, you may join CAS squad as the veteran trans flier you are and learn to really bring the heat! 

Identifying friendly units can be very tricky with no auto spotting / HUD indicators. So you need to learn how to use the Map while in flight. It only takes a few seconds for a pilot to open up the map and check an area for any friendly units. If you are unsure ,you can always consult your squad leader/ other squad leaders on information regarding friendly/enemy positions. Also if you play long enough,you can start to recognize familiar locations/buildings where friendly units would be present MOST OF THE TIME.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you in game soon.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Melwin said:

3 -Helis....well,I am able to take-off and land with the helicopters having the mechanism of jumping forward at take-off

The ones that don't,well expect me crash in 30s or 60s at most

Also maneuvering is a huge issue for me in Helicopters,

I take a sharp turn,I crash

I try to interfere with the nosing with my mouse,I crash

I try to turn slowly,expect me to go out of bounds and crash/die

So I need huge help for that

Melwin sounds to me like you have your mouse sensitivity up way too high for Helicopters, you can adjust that by press Esc, > Options > Controls

Take the mouse sensitivity way down to 0.9 and try that. You could also take the YAW and Pitch down to 1. Its a matter of trial and error and how you feel with the setup.

In game when you turn laterally this works better at slower speeds, once you get up to speed YAW is not effective, so you roll left or right with the mouse to turn. The rest is practice.

Its a good idea to practice hovering with control, landing smoothly, etc. Use the horizontal HUD marker to level yourself out with the horizon when coming in to land, get it level then back off the throttle slowly.

Good luck!

• Upvote 6

These are all great ways to improve your game play, And I applaud you for asking for assistance. 

We always have friendly people that are on the server that are willing to assist you in game if you want and I know some people that wall make a local server to assist if needed. 

As @=VG= TEDF mentioned, Weapon ID is the easiest if they are friend or foe, and sometimes tracers. Calling out targets to teammates is often one of the best ways to make sure you have another set of eyes on the target.  Is there a specific faction you are having trouble with identifying? If so go on a local server and load up that map and spend time in main identifying flags, cammo, assets as well as wepons.  PRSPY, free app, Is a great tool to look at different maps and assets For the game.

And don't feel bad about not being able to use some assets. Some of them take years to master a properly, Some people are naturally great at it and some people just can't do it without a lot of practice and patience.

@=VG= Rotblut gave a map that has all of the air assets and plenty of them. This will reduce your "wait time" between crashes and give you more seat time.

Best of luck,

M8

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, =VG= Rotblut said:

Download and install the Map Test Airfield: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7059gglluhc6y7n/test_airfield_1440.rar?dl=0

When flying use your HUD in nearby mode. Press N two times to switch the HUD to this mode!

Thanks for the Assist Rotblut

But I already have that map downloaded and I practice flying in it since day 1 :P

However,thank you very much that you took the time to suggest me this :D

Hopefully I will be a good {not pro} trans chopper pilot before I ask for a unban

I will unban appeal approx 1 week and 1 day later {my b'day yay :P}

If I learn to fly and identify good before that,I will post it soon :D

Also I have not forgotten you SoldierofMisfortune :D

I can never forget the small time you gave me to teach me the basics :D,I try to imitate it every day in the Test Airfield map :D

I have a very tight schedule so I don't get much time to play

Hardly 1 hour or not even that much.So I will probably learn very slowly

But however thank you 

=VG= TEDF

SoldierOfMisfortune

=VG= Rotblut

=VG= m823us

=VG= Kavelenko

For your huge help :D

I will surely take your help in my learning :D

• Upvote 5

Keep up the good work, stay the course and believe in yourself.

I learnt to fly using the Joystick.

BF1942 Desert Combat Mod....

After I mastered the Apache and the Little Bird, (That was a Rodeo!), I became fully proficient in flying helicopters in the "BF Universe".

That commitment saw me through all the Great BF 1942 Mods, BF Vietnam, BF2 and now Project Reality, although I don't really like to fly in game.

It's akin to learning to ride a bike.

It simply depends on how determined you are to succeed.

Because no matter how long it takes, if you keep at it, you will.

You also join a very exclusive club too. The "Perseverers" LOL!!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Melwin said:

K so now I have learnt how to fly and drop supplies with a trans chopper

Although I always die when I try to land {crash}

So any tips on that?

Learn to fly in the lynx first (British Trans), Easiest helicopter. Vadso STD is a good map to practice. Land at the airport, in the streets, on rooftops etc.

Don't try to hover before landing, just come in fast and level using no engine and slide onto the LZ. The skids take zero damage so as long as they are the only thing touching the ground you can land as hard as you want.

If you do need to throttle down (S) just tap the key, holding it will flip you sideways.

Master one helicopter at a time, Start with lynx. It's similiar handling to the hueys so you'll get those pretty fast after mastering the lynx. Then move to wheeled helis (Blackhawk, chinook, Mi8 etc)

Each heli has it's own quirks that makes you change the flying style, eg. The blackhawk doesn't roll very good and puts it's nose in the ground when you land fast.

• Upvote 4

You should also know, the Devs currently working on better flightphysics for choppers and not all got an nice update. The low horizontal speed makes you always a perfect target for many things.

You should also not feel bad when you got shotdown by a Stinger or other AA missile because the settings and damage output and explosionradius are to OP vs. airvehicles. Excluding the StarStreak's = they 're shitty / when you die through them you are an NOOB :wink: 

It makes not anymore fun to play airvehicles. Enemy manpad, rightclick, leftclick, BLACKSCREEN. Doesn't matter how good you will be one day. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

Don't try to hover before landing, just come in fast and level using no engine and slide onto the LZ. The skids take zero damage so as long as they are the only thing touching the ground you can land as hard as you want.

I'd like to see you do that with a badly damaged Huey (on fire and alarms going off) and get away with it! ;)

• Upvote 1

Hello Melwin, Im not gonna touch on the Identifying of enemies because i think that what was said above is pretty spot on but i am gonna talk about the Flying.

Im gonna be pretty straight forward with you, Flying is one of the most glorified things not only in PR but around the world. Most new people to PR move directly into flying without understanding how to operate the equipment to get maximum effectiveness. But thankfully "THERE IS A WAY"

I recommend starting off on a practise server (one with 0 admins). To defeat your sharp turn problem, Start off with going pretty high in a chopper and take a sharp turn as if you  are simulating (dodging a missile) and as you succeed descend in height and continue. (BUT KEEP IN MIND NOT ALL CHOPPER ARE THE SAME). Try them all out and get a feel for it. It wouldn't be quick and easier because then where's the challenge.

(CONCERNS TO MANEUVERING THE CHOPPER)

The best map (once again my opinion) to help/train you to maneuver a chopper is Muttrah City. Take a Huey or Little Bird (your preference) and fly from docks into north city flying low and slow moving in between the buildings and right above the street. (IT WILL TAKE TIME BUT BE PATIENT). If you want to really challenge yourself after learning to maneuver you muttrah city but instead fly fast between buildings and do drastic turns to simulate evading an AAV or SAM.

(TAKING OFF AND ISSUES WITH MOUSE)

When taking off im thinking your pulling back hard on your mouse. Take your time and ease it back to avoid a tail strike and causing your engines to flame out. And when flying in PR and also since your new to it only focus on one thing at a time. Deal with flying first then learn to fly and operate the map. Never multitask with something your new too.

So i hope i answered all your flying questions and also that you gained a lot of knowledge from this reply and other admins reply. If any questions you can find me online and never be afraid of asking me something. My name in PR is CNJ CodeNameJonathan ( its tooooo long to not spot lol)

Remember you will crash and fail and have squads on board yelling to you but stay focus and you will surprise yourself with your ability. Have fun flying and goodluck!!!!

:)

Jonathan

• Upvote 4

Learn to fly the French tiger helicopter (especially landing) and you are better then 50% of the pilots. 

I learned flying in the chinook and after that cobra. The best thing to do is hold S when you land on flat surfaces. Only when you start sliding like a lynx does or on sloped surfaces you should  abort and press w and take off ASAP.  Once a chopper slides it is quite hard to stop it and often better to hop out or quickly change seats to not waste the chopper. 

I've already done a YouTube video on setting up joysticks for Helicopters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUqQhbY6n9s&t=7s

so can one of our expert keyboard/mouse pilots do a tutorial on the fundamentals for take off/landings?

• Upvote 3

Think everyone has pretty much summed it up.

Unlike @=VG= Kavelenko (The crazy nutter), I fly using the bog standard keyboard and mouse - I'm currently trying to organise and film a video about Squad Leading but Ill happy make another about the basics of "keyboard flying" in the near future. Also, I'm very sure that the experienced pilots will happily show you the ropes in game if you ask nicely ;)

Noted that various guys suggested different helicopters to learn in. Personally I found the Huey to be the best helicopter to learn the flight mechanics of PR. Its simple, stable and can take a good beating!

As with all new things; "usus est magister optimus" - Practice is the best teacher.

• Upvote 3

Thank You everyone for so much help :D

I am slowly learning to slide-land now

Adjusting speeds and stuff

Also Just so you guys know,I use the keyboard for maneuvering now,not mouse

I only use mouse during combat situations 

I am getting better day by day :D

Melon

I am currently practicing on the huey,I am trying the Lynx now and its a bit more maneuverable than the huey {not that much} :D

Thanks for the suggestion :D

Fastjack

Guess I have to agree on that,since you are older in the game than me :P

But still I wanna fly :D

Jonathan

I sure have learnt a lot from your tips :D

I am trying to inculcate them into my flying behavior :D

Double_13

How am I better than 50% of the pilots :P

I am getting a feel for the tiger heli,and trying to use it properly

Also yes I agree on the sliding thing,A guy on another server gave me some good instructions on that too :D

Blazer

I also personally like the huey to practice :D

I will remember this line :D

4 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

"usus est magister optimus" - Practice is the best teacher.

Kavelenko 

1st Reply - 

Lol I will wait for that day to come :D

I will fulfill that dream of yours :D 

2nd Reply - 

That video wasn't too helpful considering I don't use joystick at all but hey I am only half-way through the video :D

I am sure there is some mouse tutorial {maybe}

Thanks for the Help though :D

Thank You Everybody for helping me so much  :D

You guys sure do help newbies all the time   :D 

On 9/12/2017 at 10:51 PM, WCCBadploy said:

Keep up the good work, stay the course and believe in yourself.

After I mastered the Apache and the Little Bird, (That was a Rodeo!), I became fully proficient in flying helicopters in the "BF Universe".

That commitment saw me through all the Great BF 1942 Mods, BF Vietnam, BF2 and now Project Reality, although I don't really like to fly in game.

It's akin to learning to ride a bike.

It simply depends on how determined you are to succeed.

Because no matter how long it takes, if you keep at it, you will.

You also join a very exclusive club too. The "Perseverers" LOL!!

Thanks for the Inspiration :D

Also what do you mean by I have joined a very exclusive club "Perseverers"?

LOL!!

verb (used without object), persevered, persevering.
1. to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.
2. to persist in speech, interrogation, argument, etc.; insist. verb (used with object), persevered, persevering.

3. to bolster, sustain, or uphold: e.g., unflagging faith that had persevered him.

If you have done all these and more, Young Paduwan, Then you are a "Persever"

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2017 at 10:21 AM, WCCBadploy said:

lol - same here! Apaches on Ghazala FTW!  Started with mouse, and was a great day when I got my first joystick with analog throttle lever so I could "hover". :tatice_03:

• Upvote 2