• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

Falcon BMS Server Update: New Minimum Connection Bandwidth Requirement - Increased to 2048   12/10/2017

As of December 10th 2017, the Required Minimum Connection Bandwidth for all clients is now forced to 2048.  In addition, the former config entry denying potential P2P connection types has been removed.  Both of these changes are due to reports of increased server and client multiplayer stability, and we are hoping to see the same improvements here as well.  Please report anything unusual while playing in the coming week so we can asses the benefits of this change.  Thank you!
=VG= Fastjack

Lashkar Insurgency Test map

23 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I was bored and needed some diversity for coop ins.

• I made a lashkar insurgency version with another SA layout design much, simpler as in gaza, to test how it works on those kind of maps bwith much vegetation and smaller villages. Lashkar dont gave me with the current navmesh much options/diversity for ammocache locations.
  • I updated gaza insurgency and added the 2seater boragh to it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejzo4sv8mxiqxmu/lashkar_insurgency.zip?dl=0 Lashkar Insurgency download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg8lllu8mh9hdfn/gaza_insurgency.zip?dl=0 Gaza Insurgency map update (Remove any former Gaza insurgency testmaps !!!)

Both maps are installed on the DEV2 testserver.

Serverpassword : fastjack

Install Instructions:
1) Download the file
2)locate your PR levels directory, (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels)
3) Extract the downloaded zip file into pr\levels using winzip, winrar, 7zip etc.

4) Run PR
5) Create a local coop game and check that the event maps are in your maplist
6)If they are you're good to go for the event

Edited by =VG= Double_13
Added install instructions

Okay dumb question from me. How and when can (some of us) we get access to this server? I missed all testing events but I'd like to try these maps on the server. 

Download the map, unzip it into the levels folder, start PR, look into serverlist, enter password fastjack and play.

you told me grozney would be next :(

anyway nice to see another map been add we should hold another test soon

Grozny must be navmeshed first.

In my opinion, it's to small navmeshed for coop insurgency. Like al sbeneh region. Best places aren't navmeshed like the stalingrad ruins. I think this static was made without col.3 meshes.

I have to rebuild the whole ruin with navmesh statics. Playing virtual brickfield (LEGO).

grozny_wip_navmesh.png

nav_brickfield.png

Here some Editor pics, for a better understanding.

Well it looks like my home internet gave out. Fuck you UPC!!! I'm gonna try again in one hour. But I believe we had a few people give it a go and test the maps. I'm (pretty mad at my internet provider) a little sad I'm not there now. 

GODVERDOMME!!! 

!w jersans language

anyway guys I suggest that we all try to make a moment we try to join the server and play it with high population. This as right now only 5 to 7 people are in it at a time 

Best way to test it would be to have at least 24h ahead announcement and by taking down the main server during the testing. Right now not many people bother to search the maps since they have alt option to join the main server without spending time on looking through the forums and downloading.

My god we got so hard raped! Couldn't count how much times the whole squad got wiped.

We tried more than 1 hour to destroy the first ammocache! Placed 5 Fobs across the map. 3 Fobs always overrunned. Funniest and scariest moment entering with the boat the harbour. The bots already was waitng on us with apc and 2 technicals and a shitload of infantry. We died in seconds. I was so hard laughing. 

Gaza is nearly done. Found 2 small bugs but i'm really happy about these result.

Lashkar was also funny but not so difficult like gaza.

13 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Best way to test it would be to have at least 24h ahead announcement and by taking down the main server during the testing

:50:Yes please

12 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Best way to test it would be to have at least 24h ahead announcement and by taking down the main server during the testing.

Taking down the main server? I have shared feelings about this.

Maybe there are also people who dont want play coop ins and want more to  fly assets or want to bash tankshells across the map because they are in moods for it.

Coop insurgency or Insurgency coop (what sounds better?) has no heavy assets. 

Shutting down the MAIN could cause that they go to another coop server and fly or tank there.

Well after reading this thread I tried to have an impromptu party to give the maps a go. There were, I think, 8 people that came to give it a go and (of course) then my Internet broke :) 

But as soon as UPC gets their shit sorted I'd be very keen to give it another go! 

When will testing be over? Sunday mornings (PST) are usually high population. This is a poor time to test in my opinion.

5 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Shutting down the MAIN could cause that they go to another coop server and fly or tank there.

I think the pic below proves this point - they did just that.

18 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

and by taking down the main server during the testing. Right now not many people bother to search the maps since they have alt option to join the main server without spending time on looking through the forums and downloading.

I see where you are coming from with this statement.  But, in practice, they ended up joining another PR COOP Server altogether.   You all have been running this so far today with less than a dozen players.  Normally, there are about 40 people on the VG PR COOP at this time (according to records).  It seems today they are joining other COOP Servers instead of coming to these forums and downloading the necessary maps to test INS COOP.

I'm not convinced that you got any more players due to you shutting down the Main VG PR COOP.  You might have gotten one or two, but mostly you are testing with VG Regulars who would join you either way if you asked.
This pic was taken just now, showing what I mean:
a result.PNG

I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to turn the VG PR COOP back on, even during your Insurgency testing.  24 Hours Notice for a test is always gonna bring low numbers.  TEDF's Events are posted and advertised for a week or two, and struggle for numbers that match peak PR COOP player counts.  Let's be wise about this stuff as we continue testing in the near future.

Well i think we should stick with the idea one of the servers at a time unless it is some small test run. This as if the test server would switch maps the main server will suffer from huge lag spikes. I think it is better to not have a server online than have a super lagging server online.

For the low population it is various factors. Most of the Russians I asked where either to drunk or family stuff. And the other common players where simply not online. 

10 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

the idea one of the servers at a time unless it is some small test run. This as if the test server would switch maps the main server will suffer from huge lag spikes. I think it is better to not have a server online than have a super lagging server online.

The servers do not effect each other in this manner.  A map switch on one server will not cause huge lag spikes on another server.  There is no threat of "super lag".  Remember, this is an 8 core Intel skylake processor with 32 GB of RAM and an SSD with ridiculous read speeds.  Any lag experienced in-game is due to the game and it's limitations, not the server or other servers running on that same physical server box.

I also checked after the 2 rounds coop insurgency that our main server was nearly empty. I checked the player names of GMA and 90% of those player names are totally unknown to me. Cannot believe that our playerbase would hide their names. Why they should? 

I think we get more success with the testserver by advertising it on our Homepage and on Project Reality Homepage, server messages etc.. Also our SL's could talk to new players ingame if they are interrested in such things.

Best excample : 

Look how Double_13 doing it. He go to the people he know and ask and sweettalk them.

HaterOne have also much influence of the regular player base.

I could talk with the guys from Greystone International. They also like our coop server.

Some guys also asked me time ago in Deployment when the coop insurgency gamemode goes in testingstage. I think One Well Written Semlerpost in the PR forum could be really effective with supporting comments from our community. 

PR haven't the biggest community anymore but our one is growing :yes3:. I heared democracy works mostly for the bigger crowd.

I just have contact with 34 Russians and on Skype contact with most regular people. I just poke them and they join if they want 

You cannot force people to play on any Insurgency server, they will always play where they please a bit like herding cats. :)

I do want to note that most people that play on other servers are oftenly banned from our server. This is around 75% the case. 

@semler Last time we ran 2 servers at a time on the new machine the main server had 2 min lag spikes because it was changing maps (beirut lagging). Yes we have big hardware that should be able to do it but the server lagged exactly when something happened on it. I can surly test it again but I won't think it is going to change the outcome. 

But let's say it is possible to run them both without problems.

I would like to suggest that the INS server only runs at specific moments and not 24/7. The reason for this is that you can better stack multiple people rather than having 2-5 people online random times. This will persuade people to become active with the community so they know when the next round is. 

I suggest we run INS server on Wednesday and Sundays 

I am just happy to have events during the week so yes for wednesday.

5 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

@semler Last time we ran 2 servers at a time on the new machine the main server had 2 min lag spikes because it was changing maps (beirut lagging). Yes we have big hardware that should be able to do it but the server lagged exactly when something happened on it. I can surly test it again but I won't think it is going to change the outcome.

No worries.  When that happened, PR Mumble was not configured and was causing problems resulting in lag.  Since then, Mumble has been properly configured and all PR Servers have been adjusted so they do not share any logical CPU cores with any other servers or each other.  Another test would not give the same results because so many things have changed.  This is why I can say confidently that each server has nothing to do with any other server and they can all be running at the same time without any servers load effecting any other servers performance.

5 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

But let's say it is possible to run them both without problems.

We should because it is.  You guys don't have to leave either of the DEV servers running 24/7, and you can feel free to shut them down unless they are in use or for testing.  The only reason I can think of to keep them online is that they show up in the in-game PR COOP Servers list, and their name(s) could intrigue regulars of VG PR COOP, leading them here to find out more about INS COOP and that "red server with the VG name on the list".  *Yes, I know in the pic I shared it's red cuz I did not have the maps installed at that time.  What I'm saying is it's kinda like free advertising leaving them up so they appear on the list.

I agree with Double about making more test events during the week.  Sometimes on weekends, players just want to play their favorite game, so it's good to stagger these events and conduct them during the week as well as weekends.