Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR:BF2 v1.4.14 Official COOP Map Pack

=VG= Kavelenko

Hey guys,

Has anyone downloaded and tried out this Official Coop Map pack?

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/145695-pr-bf2-v1-4-14-official-coop-map-pack-released.html

Looks like an official COOP release by PR. I've been trying them out locally and they look like a nice addition to the default maps we already play.

6 new maps and 12 versions.

Any of the server admins looking at uploading these to the VG server any time soon?

I've played the Al Sbeneh Region Inf version which is a defend at all costs map, a bit different but could be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Okay, because the maps were not released as part of the PR Installer package, it means that people with "normal" PR will attempt to join our server, and will get kicked for not having the map pack installed.  This causes a split in the community of PR gamers, and while we have attempted such things in the past, the issues that arose included confusion and "hassle" for those who needed to take extra steps to connect to the VG PR COOP.  As the goal is to be as inclusive as possible with our Main PR COOP Server to public players, we do not run any add-on components like this, even though this Map Pack is Official and would be allowed to run without a password by the terms of our license agreement with PR.

So, we have 2 other servers.  I'm just waiting for Poff to meet me and help me work out the Mumble issue, and we'll be able to run whatever we want separate from the standard PR COOP -- and also it will mean that Events will be easier to host and participate in because Mumble will work by default and no lag will arise while running more than 1 PR server at a time.

This Map Pack could and should be part of an Event, but we don't host them on the standard PR COOP for the above reasons. :hi:

• Upvote 5

Its up to the Devs to integrate it into the main mod (corefiles) so noone get kicked from the server.

@Kav:

I'm bit dissapointed about the playable area of al sbeneh region. The best places, that would make amazing fun you never had before aren't navmeshed. There are also some cosmetical missplaced statics by the field tunnelsystem that indeed gamebreaking but this tunnels arent meshed so no one of us will see this. Than the navmesh at all isn't good. I think also the size of the map doesn't fit to Project Reality. Karkand got a nice static update but its still to small.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

This Map Pack could and should be part of an Event, but we don't host them on the standard PR COOP for the above reasons. :hi:

Right that makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I agree not everyone would be able to unzip the maps into the correct folder, I'm sure eventually these maps will become part of a future upgrade.

• Upvote 2

I am not sure if I'm getting this 3 server thing. Do I understand correctly that technically it's possible to run like the event maps from TED and Melon on a 'event' server for people that want to play something else than Muttrah? AND that it's also possible to run these map pack maps on a 'special' server? One part excites me with this idea and the other makes me worried we'll lose too many people at our main server. I'm not sure how many regular players we have but it can't be more than 100-150 during a week. So it would really thin our server-population wouldn't it? 

Tested all the maps and they are great. A good challenge for casual players but i find them easy for those who seek a challenge, since some of the bots will spawn far away from the first 2 flags and just sit there waiting in plain sight to be killed. Some of the maps would make a good choice for an event (akhm...sebeneh region defence or operation compton or temelin but with less assets or other assets than apcs for the player team ). I would like them introduced into the game not also as coop but also as deployment maps . :lex_06:

Dear Rabbit, 

your maps al sbeneh region and sbeneh outskirts (will not mention the nice looking not finished/released map with the airfield - dont remember the name) have so much better coop gameplay potential i never seen on other coop maps before. I love them from the design. You are really good mapper and i dont want that you feel insulted from my upper comments. My comment about the mapsize was related to the other maps and not sbeneh. I wrote it shitty, i'm so sorry.

Your maps have more gamplay area as all 4k maps. Seriously Project Reality, 50 player per team, only few can take a big asset and the rest (infantry) is cannonfodder in the coverless 4k tundra.

The missplaced statics in the field tunnels is not a big thing but the navmesh is not cool. I see it from my thickheaded coop-insurgency gameplay view. But we can make a deal. Instead of complaining, you finish it and i will make the navmesh.

TBH. look at Ramiels navmesh size -  why both sbenehs navmeshes are so small? You know, so much nice map but not for coop and normally its not a thing of impossibility. There are so much tricks to increase the success of a bigger navmesh process you cannot imaging.

First trick would be to make the border of the navmeshed / not navmeshed area with other statics like long walls (sounds shitty but make a trump wall as Combatarea for the navmesh process). All people using the combatarea to do this but the combatarea produces unecessary navmesh triangles at the edges and the amount of triangles isn't unlimited.

2nd trick is replace some small round statics with cube shape statics like replacing a lampost with a single crate. The lampost causes more tiny triangles (infantry.qtr) as an cube shape object. Also, the crate would fuck up less the vehicle navmesh because of the shitty boundingboxes of the lampost caused by the upper lamps. Such objects should be turned by 90 degree.

Overgrowth would be special treated. It would be much work but at the and i have a sticky navmesh to the terrain surface with less triangles. And less triangles used in an area could be used for another area and more areas means bigger battlefield.

And now stop posting, go mapping :wink:

• Upvote 1