Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality COOP Mappack Test

TEDF

COOP Community Mappack v1 Test

Server Password : 123

Download

(Make sure to delete any older versions before installing. Do not overwrite!)

3 maps are supposed to be missing in this version.

DO NOT DELETE YOUR DEFAULT PR MAPS!!!!

Veterans-Gaming and Melon HQ are happy to announce that the COOP community mappack has entered the final testing phase. The maps have passed the initial stability and no CTD tests and are now ready to be tested with public players. 

Before I continue, I would like to stress that I did not create these maps. I merely stripped them down to basic level, removed the broken statics and replaced the flags / assets & swapped out some of the factions so the map would run on current PR version. All credit for the maps go to their respective creators.

NOTICE : THESE MAPPACK MAPS ARE ONLY FOR PERSONAL USE AND/OR TO BE USED ON VETERANS - GAMING COOP SERVERS.  THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PR MAPPACK. IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES WITH MAPS, CONTACT ME (TEDF).

The mappack test will commence on 16th of September 2017. Since there are a lot of maps to go through, it will be an all day event, starting around 0800 PRT and ends around 2200-2300 PRT or until there's active interest. During the testing all VG server rules apply. No teamswitching is allowed except for testing crew to keep an eye on AI. Not all maps have been tested on live server, so I can not guarantee that mumble is going to work on all of them. 

The mappack consists of :

1. Al kufrah oilfields - US Army vs MEC

2. Dalian Plant - FR Marines vs PLA

3. Dragon Valley - USMC vs PLA

4. Great Wall - RU vs PLA

5. Gulf of Oman - USMC vs Insurgents

6. Helmands return - GB vs Taliban

7. Highway Tampa - GB vs MEC

8. Hills of Hamgyong - GB vs PLA

9. Kubra Dam - Germany vs RU

10. Leviathan - USMC vs MEC

11. OP. Black Hawk Down - US Army vs Taliban

12. OP. Clean Sweep - FR Marines vs RU

13. OP. Harvest - RU vs Militia

14. OP. Phoenix - FSA vs MEC

15. OP. Road Rage - NL vs RU

16. OP. Smoke Screen - IDF vs Hamas

17. Road to Jalalalalalalalalabad - NL vs Taliban

18. Songhua Stalemate - Militia vs PLA

19. Street 2 - USMC vs Insurgents

20. Sunset City - US Army vs PLA

21. Wake Island - USMC vs PLA 

The maps will be released sometime next week. Got a lot of packing to do so will take some time.

FAQ : 

1. Where are the SF maps, cunt? - Most of the SF maps have statics that are missing on PR which means that it will take longer to fix them. I hope to have them running in the near future

2. Why no jets for humans? - vBF2 maps are too small for PR jets to manouver. Even the bot ones are having issues in long run.

3. It doesnt make sense that Faction A fights Faction B on *insert map* - It doesnt make sense that  Canada is fighting against Russians on Finnish border on Yamalia, so deal with it.

4. How can I help? - I'm always open for constructive critisism. If you find anything broken on the maps or have any (good) suggestions, then fire them away. This map sux, bots can see through stuff doesnt count as constructive. 

5. Why are the Americans on most of the maps? - US is a placeholder for most of them until I figure out a better faction to replace them.

6. Missing pictures on loading screens - The background and map overview pictures will be added in a later patch

On 9/8/2017 at 5:36 PM, =VG= TEDF said:

Took a while, but after numerous of failed attempts, the mappack has been uploaded and ready for download.

Download : CLICK HERE!

IMPORTANT : IF YOU PARTICIPATED IN PREVIOUS TESTS, MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE MAP FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING TO AVOID MAPS GETTING CORRUPTED. DO NOT OVERWRITE!

Install instructions : Extract the rar file and place the map folders into your project reality levels folder ( Default : C:Program Files x86 / Project Reality / Project Reality BF2 / Mods / PR / Leves)

Notes : 

1. Dalian Plant, Gulf of Oman & Leviathan had some late minute AI issues and won't be included in this version

2. Tickets on some of the maps are not set up (noticed it after uploading) and therefore the rounds may end prematurely on local servers. If you wish a fix for it, send me a PM and I'll quide you through it.

• Upvote 13

• TEDF featured and pinned this topic

2. Dalian Plant - FR Marines vs PLA

3. Dragon Valley - USMC vs PLA

5. Gulf of Oman - USMC vs Insurgents

7. Highway Tampa - GB vs MEC

9. Kubra Dam - Germany vs RU

15. OP. Road Rage - NL vs RU

17. Road to Jalalalalalalalalabad - NL vs Taliban

18. Songhua Stalemate - Militia vs PLA

21. Wake Island - USMC vs PLA 

I call my firstborn after you if that works;)
  • Upvote 1

Really love to see it. Lots of remakes of vBF2 maps and older PR maps, but still.. patience is virtue. It will come up anytime soon to be playable in-game at VG Coop Server

Unfortunately, the time is really not helping me out, so probably not be able to join at confirmed date ( sleep time/not be able to woke up/more coffee )

Hope this event will make the Coop being more attractive to some people out there, and changed their perspectives-

- Inch

• Upvote 2

on very short notice we gonna test the maps

here are the links you need to join the server

it is asked you be on teamspeak when joining the server as we do not know if mumble works on every map

=SNIP=

MUST BE INSTALLED LAST
=SNIP=

IT CAN ASK FOR OVERWRITE CLICK YES ON ALL!!!!!!

/Removed outdated download links - TEDF

Serverpassword will be provided shortly

Install Instructions:
1) Download the file
2)locate your PR levels directory, (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels)
3) Extract the downloaded zip file into pr\levels using winzip, winrar, 7zip etc.
4) Run PR
5) Create a local coop game and check that the event maps are in your maplist
6)If they are you're good to go for the event

Okay - the links are in the post above, if you can't figure it out, you will not be joining the event.

In the post above, it is mentioned to join TeamSpeak.

In TeamSpeak is the password for the server, you must join a channel of the squad you are in in-game.

Thanks everyone who joined. Hope you had fun. This wasn't an official test, just got bored of the regular maps and thought to have fun with some of the INF maps before weekend.

It seems that we aren't quite ready for the "advanced" AI just yet, so will remove it for now ;) 

Thanks again, and don't forget to join tomorrow's event at 1800 PRT.

• Upvote 2

Took a while, but after numerous of failed attempts, the mappack has been uploaded and ready for download.

Download : CLICK HERE!

IMPORTANT : IF YOU PARTICIPATED IN PREVIOUS TESTS, MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE MAP FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING TO AVOID MAPS GETTING CORRUPTED. DO NOT OVERWRITE!

Install instructions : Extract the rar file and place the map folders into your project reality levels folder ( Default : C:Program Files x86 / Project Reality / Project Reality BF2 / Mods / PR / Leves)

Notes : 

1. Dalian Plant, Gulf of Oman & Leviathan had some late minute AI issues and won't be included in this version

2. Tickets on some of the maps are not set up (noticed it after uploading) and therefore the rounds may end prematurely on local servers. If you wish a fix for it, send me a PM and I'll quide you through it.

• Upvote 4

I'll be available on TS tomorrow (friday) if anyone has any technical issues with getting the maps to run. The test server is up with the maps so you can check if you have the correct version.

Red = no

If you have any issues or wish to check the compapility of a map, feel free to ask and I can set it to run on the server and we can check it out.

• Upvote 2