Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon Test Event

=VG= Melon Muncher

A-10 vs F-15  

21 members have voted

1. 1. A-10 vs F-15

• A-10. F-15 teamwork sucks
    • F-15. A-10 noob plane

DATE: 4/8/2017, 2000 ZULU or 8PM GMT

DOWNLOAD

Extract files to Projectreality/mods/PR/levels

Password: test

Alright guys, It's time for Melon to school you on why he's amazing

What we have coming Friday the 4th of August is an opportunity to test some of the new or hopefully improved coop maps. Maps are not yet final and these images only provide a basic idea of the maps, they can be added, changed or removed at any time. (When the maps are available to download they will be final)

Now, to clarify what this is, it is a test event! Provided everything goes well they will be included in a future PR update. This means I will have zero tolerance for any shit talking. I need good, honest feedback and bug reports related to coop.

A few frequently comments I do not want to hear and why:

Why do we have bot assets/one man tanks?
These maps are designed for both local play and coop on all servers, not just ours.

Forest maps suck, the bots shoot me through trees?
You suck, I can't fix that

Can you change the faction?
No

This map sucks!
Not helpful, will kick you from wherever you tell me this.

I just told you something/heard someone else tell you and feel the need to repeat it.
Don't, I will not be forgiving

As usual, the only time I can run the event is like 4am for me, so I will stress this again in case you forget, I will not tolerate much. Unless it's a critical issue or you think it's very decent feedback, save it for the forum and check if anyone else has mentioned it.

bamyan (1) (2).jpgbamyan (2) (2).jpgulyanovsk (2).jpgsahel (2).jpg
fallujah (2) (2).jpgfallujah (1) (2).jpggaza (2).jpgramiel (2).jpg
silent eagle (2).jpgsbeneh (2).jpgsbeneh (1) (2).jpgmapOverview_gpm_coop_64.jpg

mapOverview_gpm_coop_128.jpgmapOverview_gpm_coop_16sahel.jpgmapOverview_gpm_coop_16.jpg

The poll is for Khamisyah, it will be either 2 a-10 or 2 f-15, I don't really care so it's up to you guys to vote

There's a few maps, so there's a good chance we won't play them all. you will be able to check them out offline though and let me know your thoughts.

KNOWN ISSUES:

No spawn point on Sahel Std French mainbase.
Sbeneh Alt crashing on spawn
Blocked spawn on Silent Eagle

• Upvote 8

if you gonna let shilka's (well 4 of them) kick cas's ass in south and north alkedhir then remove the quads from town and just let CAS deal with the 4 shilka's adn enemy jets and fighters only. (JUST SUGGESTE) everyone hate cas in khamisya because of (lot of deadly AA) wish cas can't even dodge thier fire

Would you like to use the DEV #3 PR Server so we can keep the default PR server running?

I feel like if the primary PR server was off, though you may see more people in your Test Event, you'd have far fewer fuck-off players and more players interested in the "goal" of testing and providing feedback as opposed to screwing around and needing a kick...

Let me know.  I'll be there either way, for sure.
:big_boss:

Melon ihave a question: 

Didn't downloaded yet but will do. Having the maps their own name and can live together inside of the levelsfolder or i have to remove the originals first to prevent overrided contnent?

Yes, they are.

22 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

i also noticed that bijar has 2 more layers but they not in the list for loadable maps maybe you could get them working or pump out an inf layer for that? 

DESC-file.

I had to leave early cus was tiered and shit didn't want to get salty and piss people off. 

Bamyan comments 

Bradley's to op in every way. If you would like to keep them then add only 1 of them and replace the others with crows or something. Or add something that can kill them such as tows. Or enemy vehicles. However the campzones on the hills will make it unlikely this will happen.

trans has free airspace. Yes ted and me used the Blackhawk as cas and it should proof it is kinda op on such a map. It could be fixed by using an other chopper or adding some anti air to the bot team. 

Also spawnpoints on the flags are ruining the challenge as people can just spawn near the flag. Yes they are rallypoints and can be overran but still. 

Fallujah

same as bamyan should be no spawnpoints on the flags as it makes it highly likely people give up and just respawn 50m back. 

Do do as you please with the comments the maps are fun but the fact the 2 maps went pretty easy on the first run with 8 people on the ground shows they might be bit easy hand for future server runs.

Anyway great work 

I played only the Bamyan and Fallujah ALT layers.

Bamyan : I like Bamyan

• Bradley's to OP - killfarming the bots and infantry can watch it. Map is nice. I like that the grass isn't too high and the bots sticking with half of its body out of it and so visible for players. The few intense firefights i had without IFV support was good. Bots came from 3 different directions, the range of the gunfights wasn't to far or to close for ACOG-Kits. Camping hills with an apc is a problem of many maps like Archer, Lashkar, Kashan, Bijar, Marlin and MORE ...

I suggest let one Bradley in and replace the others IFV  with Strykers. They have only the 50cal RWS and not a 25mm Bushmaster cannon with a shitload of HE/AP rounds, ATGM Launcher and 7.62 coaxial with tons of rounds as backup.

• BlackHawk's - SOAR's are OP when you park it for longrange firesupport on a mosque roof but that wouldn't fit in our server rules i believe. This can be done on everymap where a BlackHawk spawns. I love seeing a BlackHawk giving firesupport from air how it is in reality. Using trans as CAS is to 99% not allowed on Deployment servers, the last 4 or 5 good visited ones, but we shouldn't take over this Deployment NO TRANS CAS RULEZ mentality. In COOP we can do thing what never would be tolerated on Deployment servers. Dreams can become true.

Fallujah : I like it much.

• Starting the map from this area is nice. Different gameplay - now its more crossing the long roads and not walking along them with maximum viewdistance. Here you have to keep your eyes open in every direction and spotting a bot is not so easy anymore as on the current layers where you seeing them from far away coming. Now it s more CQB and bots with AK' in CQB is a challenge.

I heared already static weapons (bipods) but i suggest to put more in. In COOP AAS4 you can use them better as me in COOP-Insurgency because of the flagcaping/objectspawner system. 

I will write you a PM how you can let them dissapear. I dont understand why i dont get this idea before. Sadly it works only in AAS-4 and not COOP-INS. Same trick can be done for off-board bot mortars on bamyan to prevent hill camping. 

Fallujah without navmeshed asylum basement is a NO GO. It's like taking out the static island from falklands map. Also upper floor levels aren't navmeshed. I saw also some spots where the navmesh sux but i cannot understand why it happen? Seems to me that one of the eastern edge muttrah buildings having/causing a strange boundingbox. Your inf layer works also with the old navmesh.

I also suggest to keep on with the tests because i (maybe more) wasn't able (latetime) to test all of them. In the moment, i haven't prepared enough for coop insurgency tests so you can use DEV2.

• Upvote 2

From a player's perspective I found the maps we managed to test were very good. I liked the way Bots can respawn behind you even though the team had captured the flag, forces squads to be on their toes and not have tunnel vision in one direction, could promote better defensive tactics.

No comment on the assets being OP, I'm of the opinion that it depends on server population and whether they are experienced or newbs playing on the map.

Great work Melon!

• Upvote 2

I really enjoyed both those maps.  We had to work hard as infantry to beat back the bots coming to stop us from capping, and they still had the ability to smack us off a cap and retake it.  I'll let the other frequent players rate the difficulties and manner of Bot offenses, I just don't play PR enough to gauge that properly.

So, I guess my perspective is one of those players on the server who don't play as often as others - less aware of the Botley-ways.

They felt very playable, I didn't feel that the vehicle squads were "eating all the kills", and the Bot infantry was still a bit of a challenge in CQC because they seemed to come from more than one direction, as well as spawning in the very buildings we were trying to cap.  I liked that a lot!

To Melon, I'd like to personally apologize for mentioning the Forest/Bush factor regarding the Bots during one assault.  I read the brief, I forgot, and I bitched a little when we all got wiped out in a forest that we had previously flanked due to the bots seeing us first in the brush.  Sorry bro! I can totally accept that limitation that the bots can see through brush, they do it on Arma as well - I'll be even more mindful of what I say next time.  I still had fun.

Thank you for all your hard work, Melon!  And for getting OPFOR Friday's working once again!!  Let me know ahead of time before the next test if you run one, and we'll do a lot more to promote the test through MOTD's in-game and a longer (more accurate) website Announcement.  For Events, 2 weeks is best, but for work like these tests, a shorter notice is understandable and I feel a week is fine.

I'd also like to apologize to our regular players, particularly asquirrel -- when the event was first announced I was still very distracted with family issues, and didn't notice that it would preempt a very popular OPFOR Friday that had not happened in awhile.  If I had noticed sooner that overlap, we might have discussed altering the test date, but I didn't notice that until we were literally hearing asquirrel let us know that he (and I'm sure many silent others) did not appreciate having to leave the OPFOR Friday that they were very much enjoying.

Sorry guys!  We will definitely watch out for such things in the future and we are very happy you all are enjoying the new Maplist Rotation System here at VG! :hi:

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Rabbit said:

I have a feeling I am the only one who wants a nice light inf (supply humvees and .50 humvees) with an A-10 on Whoa black betty?

You mean on Bamyan? Sound good for a nice scenario. Problem is : CAS going lonewolf / Squadleader rarely laze targets. 

Sadly, but true. 

14 hours ago, l3RY4N said:

problem with lasing stuff in coop is that the bots will just instantly spot you and attack you. And it takes a while for CAS to get the right angle and attack

Lazing works quite well if you communicate with CAS in a clever way. Just recently I was holding out at Dam on Jabal with a small squad and was in constant contact with CAS to let them know where the targets were. Once they were close to the target I lazed them and BAM another APC bit the dust. So it works quite well as long as you communicate properly .