Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Event August 26th

TEDF

30 minutes ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Parachuting out from aircraft is too easy to abuse. That's why the chutes got removed from the game except for the factions that have preset paratrooper deployment on certain maps. That's the reason why by default pilots aren't able to sit in the passenger seats.

I guess one way of making this work is to have all but one person in trans squad convert into an INF squad after the hobos have been dropped off and then join the fight to avoid the supply and CAS abuse. It would have to be the german faction as they are currently the only NATO force that have paratroopers ingame (Seems a bit weird to have russians fly around in ospreys). 

There is a parachute launcher option for a weapon slot, so I'll fiddle around with it a bit and see if It works for other factions as well. Unfortunately, this idea has to remain only for NATO factions atm as the OPFOR doesnt have any suitable aircraft for that role. Choppers just aren't for that.

Another issue would be the map. Only suitable one that I can think of atm is Pavlovsk / Vadso as it has a large deployment area in the sea far away from any kind of bot activity. (Dont even think about suggesting Kashan or Khami).

Could try sould rebel and have all the flags around the island active at the same time and turn the map into an air version of D-Day landing. 

And before some random comes here and asks - NO. Rcon will NEVER be enabled on the main server during regular gameplay. 

I suggested parachuting out of the back of an Osprey to the PR devs a while back and the response was that they had done it before but it would take a lot of work to bring it back.

Sure its open to abuse on regular servers but I was thinking more along the lines of modded events. Simple to implement rules around the abuse bit but I don't see the issue on a VG pass-worded event. Part of a para-drop would have to be a designated LZ where there could be a spawned ammo crate (or Trans could fly these in before hand).

The idea is that the Osprey would fly over the drop zone 500+ ft, and at a predetermined point the squad lead calls the jump or the pilot does. Once on the ground the "lost" paratroopers need to find their way to the drop-zone to change to their assault kits, and we all know how useless some are at guiding parachutes. Typical of a para-drop and a lot of fun and nightmares right off the bat!

Saaremaa has a carrier with an Osprey btw.